David de Gea has left Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

90 + 5min

Sad take from some on here, perhaps a better take is one of thankfulness that he gave us the lions share of his career and some great years in goal as our safety net despite a nonchance to win anything and kept us afloat during hard turmoil. All players eventually decline. Our fanbase overall is a disgrace at times.
People often forget past. DeGea have been brilliant player for us and saved us 3 points so many times that you can't even count it. One of few that can hold his head high post Fergie - era. .

witchtrials

Sad take from some on here, perhaps a better take is one of thankfulness that he gave us the lions share of his career and some great years in goal as our safety net despite a nonchance to win anything and kept us afloat during hard turmoil. All players eventually decline. Our fanbase overall is a disgrace at times.
Said it better than I could

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
This thread is essentially one where people can carry on with the pile on. Its very sad, a reflection of our fan base rather than DDG

RMD83

This thread is essentially one where people can carry on with the pile on. Its very sad, a reflection of our fan base rather than DDG
[/QUOTE]
A sad reflection of the internet

DanielofLeyland

Spot on. A player who deserves the upmost respect for his career at United. An upgrade was needed by the end (which is the case for most of the team tbh) but certainly a United player through and through. I hope he gets a position somewhere else and is eventually seen as a positive part of United's history during a tumultuous period in future.

RVN1991

At times? Our fan base is the type to wank over garbage like Cristiano and Greenwood but crucify good blokes like De Gea. Sad group of people.

Quagmire Maguire

At times? Our fan base is the type to wank over garbage like Cristiano and Greenwood but crucify good blokes like De Gea. Sad group of people.
Again this is online mate, in the real world united fans are much more sensible! I am yet to meet a United fan in person who has anything but respect for de Gea, and I have also never met in person a United fan who wanted to ever see mason greenwood in a united shirt again.

izec

I don't think it's that weird he isn't playing football right now. He's in his 30s and is probably having the time of his life with his enormous wealth. Why just play for anyone if you can easily afford to live a more than comfortable life? He'll get another club at some point, but I imagine it's a reasonable possibility that he's just having some time away from the game, even for a short while. Why the hell not?!
Because that is not how it works usually. He is 32, for a GK, he should be in his good years still and far from finished. He could play another 5 or 6 years in a top 5 league in theory.

Sure he has some money now, but ambitious players at a good age that played in a top league dont take a break from football just like that to enjoy life. I dont think he has fallen out of love with football either.

It is obvious that the offers dont match what he thinks he should be getting financially and/or club wise. He completely misjudged his standing in the market.

Sylar

His time was up and perhaps ½-1 season overdue, that much is clear no matter what side of the isle people are on his tenure.
Right and I'm not disagreeing with that.

But how many people are actually abusing him or similar on here?
All I've seen for the most part is a discussion on why he hasn't been signed (and the reasons behind it)

And then a whole bunch of posts saying it's sad he's not been respected in this thread. And like usual I ask, which posts are we specifically talking about ?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

All I've seen for the most part is a discussion on why he hasn't been signed (and the reasons behind it)

And then a whole bunch of posts saying it's sad he's not been respected in this thread. And like usual I ask, which posts are we specifically talking about ?
Yeah, I've seen more posts in here complaining about him being disrespected than I've actually seen posts disrespecting him.

JuriM

That’s becoming the standard on lots of topics tbh.

Has DDG still not got a club? If not, has he even been linked anywhere strongly?
He was with both Bayern & Real Madrid when they were looking for potential GK's. Neither preferred him.

AndySmith1990

Yeah, I've seen more posts in here complaining about him being disrespected than I've actually seen posts disrespecting him.
Yeah happens a lot on here. Like when we lose and a few people criticise the manager, then a load of crazy folk start shouting off that everyone wants him sacked

RedStarUnited

Because people see posts like “He is shite now thats why no club wants him and ETH was right” as being disgraceful to the career he had with us. In reality the two things are not connected at all.

Born2Lose

A lot on here got it massively wrong and can't accept the true reality of how De Gea is actually viewed in the footballing world.

Oranges038

I don't think it's that weird he isn't playing football right now. He's in his 30s and is probably having the time of his life with his enormous wealth. Why just play for anyone if you can easily afford to live a more than comfortable life? He'll get another club at some point, but I imagine it's a reasonable possibility that he's just having some time away from the game, even for a short while. Why the hell not?!
Posting training videos would suggest that's he's putting his cv out there.

Chairman Steve

He’s at risk at getting lost in the shuffle. Football moves pretty fast and the longer you’re out it, the harder it is to get back in especially when you’re not at a club. He’s competing against a score of emerging goalkeepers that won’t demand the money he supposedly wants, are younger and more in line with what modern goalkeepers do.

You can’t really take sabbaticals in this line of work if you want to keep your career going (if that is indeed what he is doing).

SAFMUTD

He must strongly regret not taking that 200K offer back on march.

Poor lad reality is hitting him hard.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He must not want Saudi money, I mean he's better than most of the Keepers over there and they're giving 6 figures to anyone who's even been near a top team.

NYAS

He must not want Saudi money, I mean he's better than most of the Keepers over there and they're giving 6 figures to anyone who's even been near a top team.
The local GK pool is one of Saudi’s strongest positions and their clubs have a foreigner quota so apart from the two no-brainer GK signings they’ve made (Bono and Mendy), they’ll be focusing on outfield positions at this point.

RedUnited86

The way things are going with this club at the moment, I'm expecting breaking news that the contract offer was unlawfully revoked and we're now obligated to honour that contract and bring him back to the club.

Nero

My keeper.

It's cliche but it's true, he would have saved all three. None of them anywhere near the corner.

dinostar77

Remeber when de gea was the problem? Once he'd left utd would be able to play progressive football?

binary bot
You may disagree with the replacement but getting rid of him was the right decision.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Just because Onana is horrendous doesn’t mean de Gea wasn’t shite too

GMoore23

Was never my kind of keeper but then neither is Onana.

At least De Gea was a world class shot stopper. I'm not sure Onana is world class at anything although it's still early days.

Stadjer

People still living in 2016 thinking DDG is still that amazing 2016 version goalkeeper and not the average goalkeeper he was for the last few seasons. Move on guys.

Was never my kind of keeper but then neither is Onana.

At least De Gea was a world class shot stopper. I'm not sure Onana is world class at anything although it's still early days.
Correct, DDG was a world class shot stopper. Emphasis on was

Status
Not open for further replies.