g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

David De Gea

cyberman

Can't wait until we're told Madrid have changed their mind over David and are put off by United"s demands...

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Except Edurne Garcia wants to live in Madrid.

Perhaps DDG is just using Madrid to get a bigger and better contract like half the Madrid and Barca squad have done over the past few years. He's played 269 times for us, if he stayed for another 10 years (big if, but very possible he will be a top keeper for another decade) he could easily reach 700+ matches for us. He can be a legend for us, or just another player for Madrid.

Klopp_De_Klown

Its not directly quoted from him. Positive, sure - but only definative if quoted from the man himself. We should give him a new 5 year contract and make him vice captain.
Yea but all we ever say about players coming or going is, We'll wait and see what happens" and "of course we want him to stay". This is something different. Have we ever siad a player wasn't going when he wanted out? Im not sure. But I like you I'm sure are hoping he stays. I think im gonna take this as DDG is happy for the club to say this publicly.

Why not.

Cpt Negative

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The MEN reporting Real wont pay more than £44m and were hoping DDG would push through a move - but he's happy and he wont.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...fer-news/man-united-transfers-de-gea-13112783

So again no direct quotes, but its better than bad news! We do need him to stay.
Regardless if he tries to 'force' anything, we should not even bother returning faxes for anything less than £65m. In this current climate, where John Stones was £50m, that seems a better indicative price.
Hope the club is firm with him to honour his contract. The only scenario he can leave can is because there was an mutual. And unwritten understanding between him and Woodward at the last contract signing.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Perhaps DDG is just using Madrid to get a bigger and better contract like half the Madrid and Barca squad have done over the past few years. He's played 269 times for us, if he stayed for another 10 years (big if, but very possible he will be a top keeper for another decade) he could easily reach 700+ matches for us. He can be a legend for us, or just another player for Madrid.
Am happy for him if he can pull that off!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
With Man City spending 40 mil plus on this keeper it gives us a baseline to demand 60+ for sure.

KanieKaned

The MEN reporting Real wont pay more than £44m and were hoping DDG would push through a move - but he's happy and he wont.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...fer-news/man-united-transfers-de-gea-13112783

So again no direct quotes, but its better than bad news! We do need him to stay.
44 Million than can get f***ed for that price. One of the best if not the best keeper in the world. A massively over inflated market..... he is easily worth double that given you would get another 10-12 years of football out of him. I really hope he stays much like every other united fan.

Flytan

44M for the best keeper in the world (second best at worst) is a joke when you look at the price of Ederson to City.

I didn't realize Madrid couldn't afford their galacticos anymore :)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Moving this to transfer forum.

Oscie

I'd be honest if we had a top keeper and we blew a massive fee on another one just for the sake of it I'd be raging. Not getting what's in this for Madrid at all.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'd be honest if we had a top keeper and we blew a massive fee on another one just for the sake of it I'd be raging. Not getting what's in this for Madrid at all.
Possibly because Navas is not a top keeper whilst De Gea is World Class. Plus the fact that he's Madrid born and Spanish international hold appeal to them.

Djemba-Djemba

44M for the best keeper in the world (second best at worst) is a joke when you look at the price of Ederson to City.

I didn't realize Madrid couldn't afford their galacticos anymore :)
I don't think they see him as a galactico. It's why all these years later they're still dragging their feet over buying him.

Real Madrid are historically the biggest Transfer Muppets of all and because DDG is a keeper I think they're not as excited at the prospect of getting him. If he was a world class striker or midfielder instead of a world class keeper Madrid would be all over him.

Trizy

Sticking it too Madrid again :drool:.

To top that off were gonna break the world record fee again. Madrid must be fuming.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The kind of headline which convinces us all the SSN is once again a trustworthy source for all sporting news, when it was just yesterday in numerous threads the opposite was being said. I personally don't think Dave will leave this summer, but I wouldn't base that on this.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Are they fecked in their head?
That's both Spanish clubs' modus operandi. Destabilize the player, have all your board members and players talk about it like a done deal and let him hand in a transfer request to lower the price. De Gea seems like a stand up guy so this likely won't work.

prtk0811

That's both Spanish clubs' modus operandi. Destabilize the player, have all your board members and players talk about it like a done deal and let him hand in a transfer request to lower the price. De Gea seems like a stand up guy so this likely won't work.
No one hands a transfer request to lower your wages in prime of your career, and leave a club like united,and madrid aint willing to match either the price or the wages.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The kind of headline which convinces us all the SSN is once again a trustworthy source for all sporting news, when it was just yesterday in numerous threads the opposite was being said. I personally don't think Dave will leave this summer, but I wouldn't base that on this.
Looks like the press was briefed by us on this one.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
No one hands a transfer request to lower your wages in prime of your career, and leave a club like united,and madrid aint willing to match either the price or the wages.
According to everything I've read all year you are correct and it would mean a pay cut for him. He would have to be getting some serious grief from his missus to try and force that through.

NK86

Lads, dont worry! I had a chat with De Gea at Ajax Europa league final game and he gave me thumbs up when I told him to stay.
You can see that on the video he gives me a thumbs up lol.
https://******/1Dwd
:lol: Promote this lad! You will go down as a caf legend. All we need now is DDG to come and say the reason he is staying is because of a fan begging him to stay after the EL final ;)

Breaking on sky just now, DDG happy at united and is looking forward to playing in the champions league
The CL requalification has made such a difference to everything.

He has to see we are on the right track. Lots of work to do but we have a top manager, near unlimited funds, a young squad and we are buying in the best players.

Madrid are Madrid, but they have some big positions to replace in the next few years including their talisman. Can't help feeling like he'd be joining at the tail end of something, and they could easily get the replacements wrong like they did with the first set of galacticos.

Hamadovich86

If Madrid lose the CL final expect them to make a very strong push to try and get De Gea. Hopefully backup plans are in place either for his year or the next.