David De Gea

Murray3007

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-news-David-De-Gea-Juventus-Bayern-Munich-PSG

I’m not taking it as gospel but could we be lucky enough to offload him ? Those three clubs may well think he simply needs a change of club to reinvigorate himself, personally if we got any fee above £25 million I’d snap their hand off as we’d also get £350K a week off the wage bill too.
you cant seriously think we would actually get any fee for De Gea ? if he goes it will be on a free with us giving him a pay off,

Offsideagain

DDG has been off form for a good while now. He seems to have lost his bottle if he ever had any. Does come for crosses and rarely dives in at the feet of forwards. He has a lot of credit in the bank though for some of the performances that won us games. Remember Joe Hart? Gary Neville reckoned he was worth 9-10 points a season when he was at City. Where is he now? Second choice at Spurs. The Spanish clubs are all broke and PSG won’t want DDG and nobody else would pay his wages.

cyberman

you cant seriously think we would actually get any fee for De Gea ? if he goes it will be on a free with us giving him a pay off,
Why wouldn't we? We could never sell a player for a fee if we listened to fans on here

dinostar77

So why's Dave gone missing? All Ole would be drawn on was it's a private matter?
Someone said his missus is due to give birth. Im not sure as MEN said Henderson has been told he could start the next 6 games. Thats much longer than a birth and some time at home with the baby.

Anyway it gives henderson a proper chance. I think people who expect either to leave the club in the summer seem to forget we would need to replace one of them. Seeing as Utd have been linked to 0 keepers in any sort of transfer rumours from more reliable sources i think both will still be here next season.

Thiagoal

Seems as though he’ll be gone for a while! I can imagine he’s ready to move home now!

Hailee

Why wouldn't we? We could never sell a player for a fee if we listened to fans on here
:lol:
When is the last time we sold a player for a good fee? It seems that we are better at paying a fee to sell our players like Alexis. We have trouble even loaning out our players, having to subsidize their wages to play for another club.

We are unable to sell Romero for a fee, unable to get rid of Lingard, unable to get rid of so many deadwood and you think we can command a good fee for De Gea with a $350k wage? We most likely have to pay to sell him like Alexis.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Is she due or is there an issue? It doesn't say to be there for the birth of the child.

DoomSlayer

It's quite cool that our highest paid player can just miss one month of football and nobody gives a feck. :lol: This club is a shambles.

izec

He will be a dad soon, time to do the right thing and stay in Spain with his child and partner. That was the plan years ago anyway, to have a family in Spain and live there.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's quite cool that our highest paid player can just miss one month of football and nobody gives a feck. :lol: This club is a shambles.
There's things more important than football. Get a grip.

Fergie have Ronaldo a few weeks off over his first Christmas in England that Ronaldo always appreciated. Similar time to his father passing if memory serves correct.

SuperiorXI

Must be hard for him. His wife is based in Spain so wouldn't want to move here... no doubt the baby will stay with her. Must be hard to not be there with the baby.

dinostar77

Covid restrictions play any part of this hence him staying away for awhile? Plus if the baby aint arrived, it will be like waiting for utd to score a goal. Could be waiting a while.

cyberman

:lol:
When is the last time we sold a player for a good fee? It seems that we are better at paying a fee to sell our players like Alexis. We have trouble even loaning out our players, having to subsidize their wages to play for another club.

We are unable to sell Romero for a fee, unable to get rid of Lingard, unable to get rid of so many deadwood and you think we can command a good fee for De Gea with a $350k wage? We most likely have to pay to sell him like Alexis.
Its because we undersell for value. We were told we would have to give away the likes of Smalling and Lingard then what happens.
We dont get big value because we dont sell who we have to sell then the fans tell us the players we do sell are worthless.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
If we can't sell him on his current wages he will probably agree to new terms with whatever team signs him if he's not our #1 anymore. Of course that's assuming being a #1 is his main priority...

arnie_ni

Someone said his missus is due to give birth. Im not sure as MEN said Henderson has been told he could start the next 6 games. Thats much longer than a birth and some time at home with the baby.

Anyway it gives henderson a proper chance. I think people who expect either to leave the club in the summer seem to forget we would need to replace one of them. Seeing as Utd have been linked to 0 keepers in any sort of transfer rumours from more reliable sources i think both will still be here next season.
If he goes back to Spain he'd have to quarantine on the way back into the UK I'd imagine. He isn't travelling as a professional athlete in this sense

Murray3007

the guy has been on the decline for 3 seasons now, he earns over £350k a week, we are in a pandemic, you seriously think any team in world football is going to pay us a fee and give him a massive contract ? like seriously come on eh. even if he said he would take a wage cut to 200k he would more then likely still be in the top 5 keepers for wages in the world, and lets be honest your lucky if hes top 5 keepers in the premiership now a days

Bwuk

Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes back to Spain this summer.

His Mrs has never moved to Manchester and if they have a kid it’s a no brainer.

cyberman

the guy has been on the decline for 3 seasons now, he earns over £350k a week, we are in a pandemic, you seriously think any team in world football is going to pay us a fee and give him a massive contract ? like seriously come on eh. even if he said he would take a wage cut to 200k he would more then likely still be in the top 5 keepers for wages in the world, and lets be honest your lucky if hes top 5 keepers in the premiership now a days
Yes. Quality keepers are hard to find. The fee will just be lowered from 50m to 30m odd.
350k isnt really that much on the continent. Griezmann is on 800k a week ffs

Murray3007

Yes. Quality keepers are hard to find. The fee will just be lowered from 50m to 30m odd.
350k isnt really that much on the continent. Griezmann is on 800k a week ffs
he aint a quality keeper now, this ain't prime De Gea, like i said he been poor for years, he ain't getting near the top 3 clubs in Spain team for a start, you really think a Valencia or Sevilla or teams of that level are going to pay him massive wages, yes Griezmann was one of the best players in Spain before he was signed by Barca and again that was before a pandemic, days of big wages are Barca are done. anyone who really thinks we are getting a fee for De Gea are either not right in the head or play to much Football Manager or Fifa

cyberman

he aint a quality keeper now, this ain't prime De Gea, like i said he been poor for years, he ain't getting near the top 3 clubs in Spain team for a start, you really think a Valencia or Sevilla or teams of that level are going to pay him massive wages, yes Griezmann was one of the best players in Spain before he was signed by Barca and again that was before a pandemic, days of big wages are Barca are done. anyone who really thinks we are getting a fee for De Gea are either not right in the head or play to much Football Manager or Fifa
He doesnt have to be playing well, just have the potential to get back to where he was.
Whats ridiculous is thinking a 350k pw week wage means he is unsellable. That just isnt true.
He doesnt have to demand 350k, he might accept lower to return home.
He might accept lower wages for a longer contract, which at 30 with 2 years left(?) isnt a bad idea.
He isnt unsellable.

buckooo1978

he ain't Prime De Gea but he's still a top keeper make no mistake

people bleat about Allison for example but he's made far more errors this season

Has Ederson had a great season or has he just had an unbelievable defence and team in front of him?

The narrative is that De Gea is done but whilst he's dropped a level or two he's still a top goalkeeper.

Murray3007

he ain't Prime De Gea but he's still a top keeper make no mistake

people bleat about Allison for example but he's made far more errors this season

Has Ederson had a great season or has he just had an unbelievable defence and team in front of him?
he ain't a top keeper and aint been for years now, like i said he dont get in any the top 3 teams in Spain, wouldnt get a game at Bayern, PSG, Inter, Milan.

Allison up till a month ago was the best in the prem by some distance but has falling of a cliff since, Ederson since the spurs game when they lost 2-0 has been superb, alot of the early games on there current run, he made big saves at crucial times.

even looking down the keepers in the top half of the premiership, would most teams swap there keepers for current De Gea? i dont think they would, that's how far his stock has fallen. you look over the forum and there is loads of people who want Henderson in for De Gea, if he was top class like you say that ain't even a discussion, and if he was still top class we would not sell him for any money

Murray3007

He doesnt have to be playing well, just have the potential to get back to where he was.
Whats ridiculous is thinking a 350k pw week wage means he is unsellable. That just isnt true.
He doesnt have to demand 350k, he might accept lower to return home.
He might accept lower wages for a longer contract, which at 30 with 2 years left(?) isnt a bad idea.
He isnt unsellable.
in the current climate, he is very unsellable, you don't buy a 30 year old for potential, like i said he dont get a start at any the top 3 teams in Spain, are the rest even going to be able to afford to give him 100k a week ? teams like Sevilla, Valencia, Villareal etc not a chance in this climate, and if your De Gea why would you give up around 50m in wages ? that's how much we would be paying him roughly to see out his contract, we give him a 10m one of payment, we save 40m over the next 2 and a bit years, exact same thing which happened with Sanchez.

dinostar77

Duncan Castles has said on Transfer Window podcast that Utd are exploring (key word exploring) the possibility of bringing in a new no1 keeper for next season. He didnt mention any specific names. Just that Utd had contacted representatives of keepers they were interested in.

Henderson has now got 5 games to show what he can do. Utd not totally convinced hes the next no1 but he is more of a sellable asset than De Gea.

If Utd were to keep Henderson and try to sell Dr Gea this summer. It would be a loan with obligation to buy and Utd would have to subsidise some of De Gea's wages. De Gea wants to return to spain ideally Real Madrid, however Madrid would have to find a buyer for Courtios and convince him to leave (his wife and kids live in Madrid so not likely).

MetoTTT

De Gea's best bet would be PSG or Juve.
PSG no chance. Navas is excellent there. Juve yes. But they've signed some "free players" on massive wages. Inter maybe? Can't see Real, Barca, Bayern at all.
Can't see him in Spain. Barca, Real and Atletico don't need GK. Or we'll have to send him on loan and pay at least lalf his wages.

Last edited:

dinostar77

His missus is a spainish popstar who refuses to leave spain and now he has a baby.

Said it before, Utd should try a straight swap with Oblak from Atletico. Oblak is 28 and De Gea 30. Barcelona and Madrid doors are shut to him.

Dunno how he's gonna live and play for Utd and miss out in the most important years of his babys life.

MetoTTT

His missus is a spainish popstar who refuses to leave spain and now he has a baby.

Said it before, Utd should try a straight swap with Oblak from Atletico. Oblak is 28 and De Gea 30. Barcelona and Madrid doors are shut to him.

Dunno how he's gonna live and play for Utd and miss out in the most important years of his babys life.
Why they would swap Oblak who is doing great for them, will win another title this season, is settled in the team for De Gea and have to pay his 350k/week wages? Just HOW?

dinostar77

Tabloid story linking De Gea with a move to PSG. Poch wants to replace Navas. Paris is closer to Madrid than Manchester.

Would be happy if he went there. We'd get a fee and PSG could to afford to match his utd salary.

Okey

I've been praying for PSG to do us this favour for a while. Navas is ageing and losing sharpness. DDG is just the right profile for them, and the league isn't as punishing as the Prem. Money no issue either. We'll get an idea by the end of the month if Hendo is ripe for No. 1 or we need a new keeper.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would be a great move for De Gea too. A fresh start at a club guaranteed CL football.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
DDG has been off form for a good while now. He seems to have lost his bottle if he ever had any. Does come for crosses and rarely dives in at the feet of forwards. He has a lot of credit in the bank though for some of the performances that won us games. Remember Joe Hart? Gary Neville reckoned he was worth 9-10 points a season when he was at City. Where is he now? Second choice at Spurs. The Spanish clubs are all broke and PSG won’t want DDG and nobody else would pay his wages.
rumours circling that PSG are willing to give us £30m for him. Snapped their bloody arms off...

davidmichael

rumours circling that PSG are willing to give us £30m for him. Snapped their bloody arms off...
If they offer anything above £10 million we should take their arm off as we’ve by far had the best of him and we’d get £350K a week off the wage bill, I’d offer Romero a new contract and say to him he and Henderson can fight it out as that’s more than good enough for next season and gives us chance to fix priority positions like right wing and centre back.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If they offer anything above £10 million we should take their arm off as we’ve by far had the best of him and we’d get £350K a week off the wage bill, I’d offer Romero a new contract and say to him he and Henderson can fight it out as that’s more than good enough for next season and gives us chance to fix priority positions like right wing and centre back.
agreed about Romero - I have no problem with him being back up

beingshe7don

I think De Gea has been great for us over the years but I think for Henderson to develop into a world-class keeper, he'd need regular playing time and with David at the club, those opportunities are not going to be available except for the one right now. Also, Henderson's distribution and his commanding presence in the box on set pieces are already better than DDG. I think we need to get the heavy wages folks off the team if they aren't giving us world-class performances week in week out.

DDG (375k/week), Pogba (300k/week), Martial (215k/week), Mata (160k/week) -> I would get rid of them all. That's a million in wages per week that could be replaced with half. a million with better output.