David Moyes | West Ham in talks with him for managerial job

stevoc

"I think the best is still to come. I'm looking forward to winning trophies and being successful again."
Dave's mixing up real life and FIFA again it seems.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Moyes said:
"I'm looking forward to being successful again."
He's after that £400m transfer chest.

Werd.

The telling sign of an incompetent manager in all walks of life is someone who takes all the credit for the good work and plays the blame game when things turn pear shaped. David Moyes embodies that.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Winning trophies and being successful again? Is he referring to a past life here?

Yes David... the fine margins cost you e.g. The six goals we shipped at home back to back against our most hated rivals and all the decades long undefeated records you broke...

I think he actually believes his own bull shit about 'fine margins'. The man is a fecking loon.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I can't bring myself to dislike the guy. He says so many arrogant things, but I can't help but feel like he's just a bit of an idiot who words things badly and says stupid things from time to time (admittedly it is quite often these days).

He's clearly out of his depth and I only see his career going downhill, but I think it is a shame.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Imagine having Moyes as your doctor. He'll say something like I'll do my best but you'll probably die of the common cold.
:lol:

The other thing is that he looks so down trodden. Like the grim reaper.
He oozes negativity.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Out of his depth at Sunderland? :lol:
That's so cruel.
They are bottom of the league.
Well yeah, they're bottom of the league because he's out of his depth! Although they have a pretty atrocious squad tbf.

It contradicts my last post, but I actually think there's like a 5% chance he could do a good job at a mid table club in the Prem, similarly to with Everton. 95% chance his career is nosediving.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Moyes is the type of fecker that wins 6m on the lottery but still turns up to work at his shit job, but doesn't enjoy it, moans about it and does a crap job of it...

Actually, that's more or less literally what happened.

ti vu

Moyes is the type of fecker that wins 6m on the lottery but still turns up to work at his shit job, but doesn't enjoy it, moans about it and does a crap job of it...

Actually, that's more or less literally what happened.
Not only that, he would look down on his co workers & look at the company founders as if they belong to same class.

FujiVice

Moyes has been looking forward to winning trophies for about 15 years now. He'd probably come second managing Celtic.

Smudge

:lol:

Ive some out of date lemsip here, but they probably wont do much good. I'm just being honest
We can buy new medicine but there is no guarantee it will work however the current batch we have have not proved to be any good either so yeah lets just see what happens

OneUnited24

Winning trophies again? Man won one single trophy in his career and that was the championship ffs.
Well i'm sure if they go down they'll be back up again in a year or two... He'll be a Championship winner again (although i think hes only won League One! To lazy to double check...)

Jokes a side i'm actually starting to feel sorry for the guy, he had a good thing at Everton and his career just hasnt been the same since! I've been thinking for a while to leave my current job because i'm far too comfortable... Maybe i'll stay for a few more years :lol:

Varun

Staff
Well i'm sure if they go down they'll be back up again in a year or two... He'll be a Championship winner again (although i think hes only won League One! To lazy to double check...)

Jokes a side i'm actually starting to feel sorry for the guy, he had a good thing at Everton and his career just hasnt been the same since! I've been thinking for a while to leave my current job because i'm far too comfortable... Maybe i'll stay for a few more years :lol:
I'd feel sorry for him if he didn't speak like an entitled prick every time he opens his mouth.

midnightmare

Well yeah, they're bottom of the league because he's out of his depth! Although they have a pretty atrocious squad tbf.

It contradicts my last post, but I actually think there's like a 5% chance he could do a good job at a mid table club in the Prem, similarly to with Everton. 95% chance his career is nosediving.
Hmm... So, essentially you're saying he's only quite good enough to help a mid-table club punch slightly below their weight and stay mid-table? Let's not forget all the awful transfer flops he endured at Everton and the years spent yo-yoing. He's grossly overhyped for what he did there (my opinion, so don't flame).

If they go down, I don't see him staying. He's got an over-inflated ego and a sense of entitlement and self-importance beyond anything. Also, the fans truly hate him now. The stadium sounded toxic and I can't see him retain the backing of the Board unless they miraculously start turning in exceptional performances (not going to happen). He's got a poor transfer record, so I don't see why the club should even trust him with funds. If they want to be back, the best way would be to get in a new man and start afresh (you have to wonder why they haven't done that mid-season given it's worked the past few seasons for them).

I'd feel sorry for him if he didn't speak like an entitled prick every time he opens his mouth.
This. I can't get myself to feel sorry for him because each time he opens his mouth, there isn't even a modicum of realism, humility or contrition. It's all defeatist guff, appeals to higher powers (football gods???) and deflection. Sorry, doesn't cut muster. He's sh*te and I'm actually quite glad each time he loses. I've even reached a point now that I look forward to his spouting nonsense so that it justifies my contempt of him.

MalcolmTucker

He's sh*te and I'm actually quite glad each time he loses. I've even reached a point now that I look forward to his spouting nonsense so that it justifies my contempt of him.
That's extremely petty and vindictive.

I feel exactly the same.

OneUnited24

If they go down, I don't see him staying. He's got an over-inflated ego and a sense of entitlement and self-importance beyond anything. Also, the fans truly hate him now. The stadium sounded toxic and I can't see him retain the backing of the Board unless they miraculously start turning in exceptional performances (not going to happen). He's got a poor transfer record, so I don't see why the club should even trust him with funds. If they want to be back, the best way would be to get in a new man and start afresh (you have to wonder why they haven't done that mid-season given it's worked the past few seasons for them)
Sunderland have almost admitted that they havent got any funds available, which is probably why they havent sacked him yet.

I think he will stick with them in the championship and bring them up. You're right his ego will probably want to get out and manage a UCL side but i also think he knows he needs to salvage his image and prove hes a good manager... Which he can only really do by stabilising Sunderland as a PL club. Basically he needs to stick with a club long enough to do an Everton, which i think he accepts

red4ever 79

I still shake my head guys. Our last 4 managers Sir Alex, Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho. Spot the odd one out. What the hell was Ed Woodward and the club thinking

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I still shake my head guys. Our last 4 managers Sir Alex, Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho. Spot the odd one out. What the hell was Ed Woodward and the club thinking
Woodward didn't hire him. It was done under Gill but it was pretty much Fergies decision

Woodward should be praised for not listening to all the idiots who wanted to give Moyes even more time as its the "United way"

MoskvaRed

It's amazing that, in a career that has included turning Fergie's 2013 title winners into easybeats and, even by the atrociouly low standards at the Stadium of Light, stinking out Sunderland, it is only after that slap remark that he is now attracting some real criticism of his management style in the media (like Louise Taylor's piece on Sunday). He'll be gone before Christmas with Sunderland down near the bottom of the Championship. It will of course be someone else's fault.

Champagne Football

Moyes always tries to imply he inherited a club in decline fro youth system all the way to first team. Time has proved him very wrong and teh one young player he had a stiffy over in Januzaj has been struggling greatly at bottom of the table club.

Here's a handy XI we could have fielded today mostly of players Moyes didn't rate, fancy or see potential in apart from De Gea and Carrick

-----------------De Gea-----------------
Valencia----Smalling---M.Keane---Ashley Young
----------Jones---Carrick--------
Rashford----Lingard/Kagawa-------Zaha
---------------Chicharito-----------------

Minimalist

Today three years ago. The rumours flew that United were sacking him.

Fecking great day it was too.

(I got one of those reminders on Facebook)

stevoc

Sacked 3 years ago today.

What a dark time that was for the club, David Moyes was manager of Manchester United.

Nero

Wonderful day. I remember the news started to come through on the bank holiday Monday. What a relief, what a day.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Wonderful day. I remember the news started to come through on the bank holiday Monday. What a relief, what a day.
"Relief" is exactly the right word - I was certain he'd be in the job for years to come just to prove some point about "The United Way", so when the news suddenly came-out so strongly from all those sources indicating there was a briefing going on :drool: