David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
How did he manage to make Everton what they were back then? He seemed like a good manager before United, did he simply wane with time like Mourinho did? Truly baffling how his career took a nosedive. That tends to happen to players but it's kind of weird to happen to coaches because there's no physical decline aspect to it.

Hahaha nice reference you got there, seriously cringeworthy moment that.
He was always a limited coach I think. But he had Everton well-drilled and fit. They were organised but they never brought up trees. He could never get a result away against the traditional top 4 in his whole time there.

He is one of those cross-country pre-season type coaches who got a reputation back in the day from keeping his teams fit and gettting to the byline.

Time has just shown him up as backward and old-fashioned. His approach is now well behind what is expected of a top coach in 2020.

Ibi Dreams

If you appoint Moyes your manager TWICE, you deserve everything you get really.
Exactly. I said at the time that it was basically the least inspirational appointment of all time, you knew exactly what was going to happen. No idea why they didn't have a look at some younger, more progressive managers, because with Moyes you basically get nothing. Poor coaching, poor leadership, poor motivation skills, poor football

Exactly. I said at the time that it was basically the least inspirational appointment of all time, you knew exactly what was going to happen. No idea why they didn't have a look at some younger, more progressive managers, because with Moyes you basically get nothing. Poor coaching, poor leadership, poor motivation skills, poor football
Moyes managing West Ham to relegation would be the highlight of my season.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
He was always a limited coach I think. But he had Everton well-drilled and fit. They were organised but they never brought up trees. He could never get a result away against the traditional top 4 in his whole time there.

He is one of those cross-country pre-season type coaches who got a reputation back in the day from keeping his teams fit and gettting to the byline.

Time has just shown him up as backward and old-fashioned. His approach is now well behind what is expected of a top coach in 2020.
He certainly saw that as an achievement.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'll be staggered if West Ham aren't relegated, they've got pretty difficult fixtures. West ham, Brighton and Norwich are my tips to go down.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If they get relegated that's surely it for him. I'm surprised they took him back on in the first place but clubs in the top leagues would be mad to appoint him again.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'll be staggered if West Ham aren't relegated, they've got pretty difficult fixtures. West ham, Brighton and Norwich are my tips to go down.
Exactly that for me too. I don’t think West Ham have enough winnable games left to get themselves out of it. And Brighton look to me like they’re an iffy fortnight away from being right in the middle of it. They look like one of those clubs that sort of sleepwalks towards relegation. Never looking terrible but only realising how much trouble they’re in when it’s too late.

Nickelodeon

West Ham need to take a page out of Watford's book and get rid of him right now. It's clear he's not going to work out and will take them down. Their upcoming run of fixtures looks extremely tricky. I'd be really worried if I were a West Ham fan.

Pep's Suit

Not even a midtable Championship manager anymore. Can't believe West Ham hired him. Again. And when you see their next 6 games... Draw with Saints and that's it? Maybe a surprise result against Spurs?

w1thout

Diop, Rice, Anderson, Haller. We've been linked in the past to each one of them.
Anyone fancies them if West Ham gets relegated ?

Bojan11

Just shows the massive gulf between Moyes and someone like Allardyce. We give fat Sam stick, but he is effective at what he does. West Ham would not be in trouble under him. Just like Sunderland weren’t in trouble and then Moyes came along.

Alabaster Codify7

Diop, Rice, Anderson, Haller. We've been linked in the past to each one of them.
Anyone fancies them if West Ham gets relegated ?
Not really to be honest, if I had to choose one it'd probably be Anderson or Diop. Feck Rice, and Haller looks a bit of a bust.

Doracle

Arguably, his only bad result in the league so far was the 3-3 draw against Brighton when they were 3-1 up. All of his losses have been to teams in the top 5.

As has been said though, their fixtures coming up are pretty tricky. The Southampton match looks like a must win. April and May are generally much easier but they might have too much to do by then.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If they get relegated that's surely it for him. I'm surprised they took him back on in the first place but clubs in the top leagues would be mad to appoint him again.
And he is only worth £30 million the poor lad, after all that! Absolutely astonishing.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Looking at the stats today, it appears West Ham had a convincing win against Southampton. They gave a good account of themselves last week at Anfield, too. Credit to Moyes, he seems to have galvanised them and made them a lot steelier and more well-organised. They’ll fancy their chances at staying up now. Norwich, Bournemouth, Brighton and Villa look to be in more perilous shape at present.

Paul_Scholes18

Massive win for them here. Needed it after the dropped points vs Brighton. Right in the mix for survival now.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Looking at the stats today, it appears West Ham had a convincing win against Southampton. They gave a good account of themselves last week at Anfield, too. Credit to Moyes, he seems to have galvanised them and made them a lot steelier and more well-organised. They’ll fancy their chances at staying up now. Norwich, Bournemouth, Brighton and Villa look to be in more perilous shape at present.
Watched the match, Bowen was outstanding for them. If he starts weighing in with goals they should have enough to survive no problems. I must say, Noble was utter shit....he’s a massive crutch

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Watched the match, Bowen was outstanding for them. If he starts weighing in with goals they should have enough to survive no problems. I must say, Noble was utter shit....he’s a massive crutch
Bowen was an inspired signing. He’ll go for 2-3 times that price within the next season or two. Great talent.

stevoc

Well he'll have to galvanize them even more and get them winning more than one game every two months to be sure of keeping them up.

Would love it if we relegate this dinosaur in the penultimate gameweek.
It would be brilliant.

West Ham are an appalling club, so have no sympathy for them. But why on earth did they hire this Complete and utter imbecile - made for each other.

Paul_Scholes18

They seem to have dropped all momentum after the break. I guess spending more times with Moyes didn't help things.
Looking at the fixtures they should stay up, but can see them mess things up in the easier games too.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
This made me chuckle from KUMB, talking about Antonio at CF:

Ah, but there is a difference between playing a formation with no strikers and playing a formation which calls for strikers without actually playing strikers there.

That was my point. Moyes hit gold once by moving a winger to striker and heaving it to him, now he's going to keep trying that until he's dead, even as he sits on a squad sheet loaded with players whose skill set is all about clever passing play and position switching. It's not even a square peg in a round hole, it's taking an old sports car and seeing if maybe driving it into a lake will make it a boat.

manutddjw

I just had to laugh imagining those 2 dinosaurs having their post match drink and conversation today:

Moyes: They gave me a 5 year contract!
Jose: They gave me a new contract and sacked me
Moyes: I was told I was getting Bale and Fabregas
Jose: I know. They didn't sign Maguire and refused to swap Martial for Perisic. He was the key to everything.
Moyes: Same thing. I needed Baines to put in crosses. Crosses win games. They just don't understand.
Jose: They're not football people. I was forced to have Pogba. I need people to foul and sit deep. Thanks for Fellaini my brother.
Moyes: You don't understand how good a player he is.
Jose: I do. It's the board. They wronged both of us.
Moyes: Those bastards. I'll see you in the Champions League next season.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
:lol:

Who was the original winger -> striker, Arnautovic?
I guessed so aye, but comments like this are why I keep saying that I think West Ham 'should' have too much quality to go down. They have a better squad on paper than Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth in my opinion, the only way they go down is if Moyes stinks the place out so badly with negative tactics that heads drop and they can't reach their potential. Nigel Pearson for example would have this Hammers side above Moyes' Watford I reckon, possibly as high as midtable.

pascell

Whats happened to Felipe Anderson form? He was brilliant last season and Haller too, where's he? Yarmalenko as well, he's not a bad player, they have more than enough to beat the drop.