David Ornstein: Man Utd want to keep Marcus Rashford | Consideration of sale if Rashford wants to take on a new challenge or a substantial bid arrives

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Looks like you chose your name here for a reason
Original and innovative, Pablo.

Looks like it's not just your posts which are clownish.

Parting advice, lay of the blow and properly read what is written before reacting.

justsomebloke

Personally I don't think Rashford has the balls to go to another club, especially an overseas club. He has had it too comfortable at United and knows he has and can get away with the tripe he's dished up. He's already set for life and wont dare playing in front of fans that will let him know how crap he can be. Believe me he ain't going nowhere.
Yeah, as if you'd have any fecking clue whatsoever about what goes on inside Marcus Rashford's head. The sheer delusionality of some of the posting on Rashford defies belief.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
However everyone and his dog can plainly see that Rashford is not worth the money Utd are quoting. It’s a strange way of running a club, rewarding the player with a bad attitude and terrible performances by openly saying we are willing to except offers for everyone but we want Rashford to stay and don’t expect him to leave.
If that's the truth then I agree. But I'm hoping this is just us opening the door enough to entice offers.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Quite the overreaction.

It’s pretty obvious that there’s a clear out expected. We’ve had a failing squad under a failing regime. INEOS were obviously going to want to rebuild the team.

It also signals a change within the club and is a boot up the ass for players that the days of having it comfortable over here are over. You could do the bare minimum here and get contract extension.

It’s also the absolute truth. Most of this squad aren’t good enough to be here. Who cares if it hurts their feelings.
Strange post. I'm delighted that the majority of the squad are available for transfer. Sick of watching them.
Its not an overreaction.

Its actually very basic. If you want to sell something, you don't publicly undermine what you are trying to sell by telling everyone it isn't good enough and you don't want it. You are then undervaluing it and either no one will want it, or you will have to sell it for less than its worth. That is if you are dealing with an item such as a car. These are employees and himan beings who you need to be motivated and to perform as well as they can for you, and you've just publicly announced to the entire world that you think they're all shite. Even if they are all shite, this is a VERY stupid thing to do. There is roughly 0.0% chance of any positive coming from it because a) it isn't going to motivate anyone of them, and b) you aren't going to be able to sell and replace every single one of them.

This means now, next season we will have a squad largely made up of players who the club has told they don't want and effectively think are rubbish. Ayone new you sign will be integrated into this group who you have decided to effectively alienate. Bravo on that one. Lets see how that turns out.

Also, and this part is just as obvious, if you sell loads of your assets in order to replace them with better assets, one thing you definitely do not do is undervalue the assets you sell...because then, the only thing you are going to be able to replace them with, is less valuable (i.e. more rubbish) assets. I don't see INEOS dipping into their pockets and producing a magical £300-400m so you tell me how that plan is going to work exactly?

It is up there with most of the dumb leaks Woodward used to make to the press and is a public signification to anyone with ambition to be succesful to avoid signing for Man Utd like the plague.

clarkydaz

It actually makes me feel a bit sad that it’s come to this with Rashford. He’s a local lad and I think most fans would have loved to see him stay at United for the rest of his career if his form had continued from last season.
Unfortunately this has not been the case, and I think his time here should be coming to an end.

I echo the sentiment made by a lot of other posters that he has it too easy and doesn’t seem like the sort of player who would want to prove himself elsewhere, especially as he hasn’t even had the drive or personal pride to put the effort in at his childhood club.
The local lad bit works to a point then it becomes a tax you have to pay, same with McT. For me when the local lad becomes wrapped up in his own PR image with endless leaks to manipulate fans it becomes a turn off. I remember leaks saying 'Rashford asks Ronaldo what his body fat % was at his age, as he is committed to the same path' then Ronaldo himself comes out saying these players arent interested in advice or learning at all

Melville Red

If that's the truth then I agree. But I'm hoping this is just us opening the door enough to entice offers.
Well let’s hope so, now here is a question for you and others reading this thread.

What clubs do you honestly think would make a bid and be able to afford a wage that Rashford would accept?

I honestly hand on heart can not think of one.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Well let’s hope so, now here is a question for you and others reading this thread.

What clubs do you honestly think would make a bid and be able to afford a wage that Rashford would accept?

Yeah, it’s literally just PSG ticking all those boxes & possibly Chelsea if Boehly continues his spending spree (though he seems to be signing younger players). Outside of those 2, not one other club I can think of as a realistic possibility.

gorky_utd

Watching vini jr last night and what a difference from rashford. Not only more technical but the work rate was phenomenal. I think it is time to move on from him.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Personally I don’t think he’s going anywhere this summer as it’s likely we’ll move Martial, Greenwood, Sancho and attempt to move on Antony all this summer which would leave us really short up top but I do think Rashford will be told that next season is make or break and if his performances and effort isn’t massively improved he’ll be out the door regardless of stature or name value.
That's how I took it.Get your finger out or your off. I know he's under contract for a few years but even so.

Rockets Redglare

The local lad bit works to a point then it becomes a tax you have to pay, same with McT. For me when the local lad becomes wrapped up in his own PR image with endless leaks to manipulate fans it becomes a turn off. I remember leaks saying 'Rashford asks Ronaldo what his body fat % was at his age, as he is committed to the same path' then Ronaldo himself comes out saying these players arent interested in advice or learning at all
Really good point that actually mate, I agree it can be a real millstone if you aren’t perceived to give a shit.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Rashford is on sale. This was a brief and the closest a club can come to putting a for sale sign near a top salaried player on a long term contract without irking him. The dance had already started with Rashford politely telling them to eff off because ''he's happy at the club'.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

PSG, Juve maybe? Bayern? I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea and or Newcastle had a try...

I'd say there's a slight outside chance of Barca if they're going to throw money at sub par/past it players still. Would Real? Might see him as a good rotation option but I don't think so.

None of this interest would be warranted, but I just get the impression he's seen in a different light by teams abroad that aren't fully aware of what's going on all the time and the general feeling of fans. They probably see things like his goal against City and think he's still a top level player.

DavelinaJolie

PSG, Juve maybe? Bayern? I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea and or Newcastle had a try...

I'd say there's a slight outside chance of Barca if they're going to throw money at sub par/past it players still. Would Real? Might see him as a good rotation option but I don't think so.

None of this interest would be warranted, but I just get the impression he's seen in a different light by teams abroad that aren't fully aware of what's going on all the time and the general feeling of fans. They probably see things like his goal against City and think he's still a top level player.
I'd imagine they have scouting networks that actually watch players as well though, and analysis to back that up. I'm sure some team would still look at him as someone capable of his best that they could maybe turn around in a new environment, but I doubt any team would be fooled into thinking this season is anything other than what it has been.

Doracle

However everyone and his dog can plainly see that Rashford is not worth the money Utd are quoting. It’s a strange way of running a club, rewarding the player with a bad attitude and terrible performances by openly saying we are willing to except offers for everyone but we want Rashford to stay and don’t expect him to leave.
How much would you expect to have to pay for Bowen from West Ham or Gordon from Newcastle out of interest? How about Martinelli from Arsenal or Grealish from City?

renatosanches85

Wow it only took two seasons to realise Rangnicks analysis of the squad was dead on. He may be a shit manager. He knew what he was saying about the squad though.
Why is he a shit manager? If your saying his analysis of the squad was dead on, would that surely not impinge on his ability to get a tune out of said squad? Especially considering they knew he was only an interim coach. His successes with Austria would lead me to believe he is a good manager, plus the fact Bayern Munich are actively pursuing employing him.

Ghostrider318

Cant see him being sold . Barely any teams out there who would match his current pay and I dont think anyone would pay us silly fees after the seasons hes had. Can only hope we regains his form next season

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Look he basically did the classic thing last season of finding form went he was wanting a new contract, the has reverted to norm this year.

He's not a dreadful player who it is worth taking any bid for, but at this point if a sensible bid comes in considering he is now 26 and still looks about experienced in decisions making on the pitch as he did 6 years ago, then we have to accept it. It not like world football is short of inconsistent wide attackers there dime a dozen.

Melville Red

How much would you expect to have to pay for Bowen from West Ham or Gordon from Newcastle out of interest? How about Martinelli from Arsenal or Grealish from City?
I don’t know but all those players have a far better attitude than Rashford and I’ll take Grealish and Bowen tomorrow.

Melville Red

Hopefully you might be right.

Wilt

If he won’t push, we won’t shove. I can see why he stays — the likelihood of him getting an optimal move is low, and next season surely can’t be worse — for him or the club.
Obviously he won’t leave ….he knows he won’t get away with the shite he serves up at another club.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
(Wil)cox in again lads. Satan is trolling us now

Responding to the rumours, Ten Hag said: "It's a joke! As long as I worked here, every summer, 200 players are getting an interest from Manchester United, which is untrue. We did some research.

"Every summer, we sell every player in our squad. Which is untrue. Be calm and take responsibility when you take such a headline. It is totally c**p."
Asked about what needs to be done this summer, the Dutchman responded: "Always a lot of work. It's normal that when you go into a transfer window. Those injuries [United have had this season] had a big impact.

"We are still below the levels from the expectations that Manchester United has. So we have to catch up.”

https://www.skysports.com/football/...s-most-of-his-squad-are-up-for-sale-in-summer

RuudTom83

Even rejecting a few low bids might be the alarm bells he needs to start listening too!

A few 30-40 million bids would make it pretty clear he isn’t anywhere near as good or popular as he thinks he is.

No manager should be fearful of Rashford or his PR team cone next season.