David Ornstein: Man Utd want to keep Marcus Rashford | Consideration of sale if Rashford wants to take on a new challenge or a substantial bid arrives

Von Mistelroum

"Getting him back to top form"..."unless substantial bids".

The thin is last season was prob once in a lifetime form where everything goes golden, take that away and what level os his top form and what is a substatial bid?

As personally his top form so far, Id take £70m for him anyway, I think anything over £50m is a good deal,especially losingthose ludirous wages from our books
I'd take anything over £20m. I think he's washed up and will play out this contract in the same form he's currently in, before going on to do absolutely nothing elsewhere. Getting him off our books would be great business if there's any way we can do this.

bringbackbebe

Who the heck is going to bid for Rashford? Even if they do, let's say 50m, would it be wise for us to sell him at that price and gamble on a replacement who could go either way?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
How we deal with the likes of Rashford is the litmus test for how serious INEOS are about turning our club around.

If they want to go down the sponsor-please, journalist pandering path Woodward and Arnold pursued, then stick with underperforming, selfish lads like Rashford.

If they want to get serious and build a squad of hard-working, tenacious and skillful players then he should be nowhere near the club.
This.

Kaizane

Quite clever really, brief the press that they're willing to let most of the first team go with Rashford first out of the door. Sell it as a "new era" instead of what it is, which is we are skint, need to balance the books and likely won't be making any major signings to replace them any time soon. Now is the time to do it if they're actually serious.

I won't be surprised if it happens. Keep those that have put in shifts this year, promote a bunch of the youth while going hard in the loan market. Frankly, I'm all for it.

bringbackbebe

At some point, ties need to be cut even if the future is uncertain. With Rashford, it's also very uncertain
Rashford is at least decent backup. Till we get players in who have established themselves, it'll be a gamble to sell Rashford cheap. There's no guarantee the players we replace him with will fare any better than Antony or Martial. If we get a good figure for him (50m+), we should chop the bidder's hands off.

Abraxas

It makes sense.

He's 26, now would be the time for a big move if he was going to make one. It could be best for all involved if he has a new challenge and we secure funds. I do think there's a decent chance that big sides will like his attributes and marketability even if it doesn't look so promising based on last season.

But there's also little point in selling him for an absolute pittance either just to see him gone so the clubs position makes sense.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wow it only took two seasons to realise Rangnicks analysis of the squad was dead on. He may be a shit manager. He knew what he was saying about the squad though.
People agreed at the time, they just thought and posted at the time that he was stating the obvious and it didn't excuse his shite management....

Rangnick still having a **** following on here is another baffling thing about modern day fans

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If he won’t push, we won’t shove. I can see why he stays — the likelihood of him getting an optimal move is low, and next season surely can’t be worse — for him or the club.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
If he won’t push, we won’t shove. I can see why he stays — the likelihood of him getting an optimal move is low, and next season surely can’t be worse — for him or the club.
Maybe he needs to start running instead of jogging like a fat guy going for the ice cream truck.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He'll quite clearly stay because that huge offer just won't come. He's probably going to move on in a couple of years but it will be to a mid-table team after his contract is close to running out. He'll probably be playing for promoted sides by the time he's 30.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think people would believe him if he broke into a sprint more often than bi-annually.

clarkydaz

It makes sense.

He's 26, now would be the time for a big move if he was going to make one. It could be best for all involved if he has a new challenge and we secure funds. I do think there's a decent chance that big sides will like his attributes and marketability even if it doesn't look so promising based on last season.

But there's also little point in selling him for an absolute pittance either just to see him gone so the clubs position makes sense.
A lot of his status is what he done off the pitch. If he went to another country he would lose that, all they would care about is pitch performance

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Rashford is at least decent backup. Till we get players in who have established themselves, it'll be a gamble to sell Rashford cheap. There's no guarantee the players we replace him with will fare any better than Antony or Martial. If we get a good figure for him (50m+), we should chop the bidder's hands off.
If he is sold, it won't be cheap that's for sure

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
If Salah's staying at the scousers then a £150 million fee with £750k a week wage should get the Saudi's the new poster boy they want...

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I suspect there will be a lot more to this story before the summer is out.
It's a nothing story. United aren't selling their poster boy to another English club (the only ones that can afford his wages) to begin a new era, and Rashford isn't stupid to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. If there's something to read in it, it's a potential bras-De-fer about his status in the club. The new management saying "we like you here, but get your act together or else" and Rashford replying "i'm not going anywhere. See you in June 2028". I pity the next fool who'll come in to fix this dressing room.

tomaldinho1

We need Ronaldo to get on the phone to him pronto. Saudi is calling.

Matriac

I think people would believe him if he broke into a sprint more often than bi-annually.
Do you really believe he's lazy or have you just been fooled by TUS and their ilk?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Let's keep all the non performing players and managers for the longest time possible. Cause we love it like that.

Lyng

People agreed at the time, they just thought and posted at the time that he was stating the obvious and it didn't excuse his shite management....
No they didn't. There where many posters claiming he was talking rubbish, using Oles second place as their argument.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Maybe he needs to start running instead of jogging like a fat guy going for the ice cream truck.
Yes.... that will make all the difference wont it?

How about he just starts scoring again? I reckon that'll suffice...

No they didn't. There where many posters claiming he was talking rubbish, using Oles second place as their argument.
I was one of those stating it.... the thread is there for anyone to check

Rista

Who would pay him the wages that we're paying him anyway? If we're not selling him to an English club, who could afford him?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Of course, he wants to stay. He's in his comfort zone.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I don't think you can call somewhere he gets booed by his own fans a comfort zone.

hobbers

He will only elect to leave if we stop playing him and he gets offered more money elsewhere.

Even if Real or PSG came and matched his wages, he wouldnt go. He knows he has it easy here and gets a free ride from the club and from the press and largely from the fans too.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Do you really believe he's lazy or have you just been fooled by TUS and their ilk?

The feck is TUS? No, I've watched all of our games and come to that conclusion by using my eyes. It's fine if you use Twitter accounts to think for you though.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It seems that Rashford would love to keep jogging around for 300k a week