David Raya

jamesjimmybyrondean

Would be interesting to see who we go for with Raya and Verbruggen potentially no longer available

It better not be Pickford

Dannn411

Tottenham finally did the right thing and moved on from their calamitous goalkeeper while we appear to be continuing to reward our own.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I hope this means we have Diogo Costa almost wrapped up.

Nickosaur

Good signing for Spurs but think we can do better.
Costa, Maignan or Onana all far superior.

Mullet_Man

I think we’re going after someone else if this is the case. Maybe it is Diogo Costa after all, because I don’t believe for a second ETH is content with DDG as his No.1.
I think he wants DDG is stick around, would be a fantastic 2nd goalie and if we bought someone new and they got injured he would be able to go straight in.

Makes sense to keep him around

Based Adnan

I think he wants DDG is stick around, would be a fantastic 2nd goalie and if we bought someone new and they got injured he would be able to go straight in.

Makes sense to keep him around
Yeah nothing like having to switch up your entire build up phase just so your second goalkeeper can get a game

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think we’re going after someone else if this is the case. Maybe it is Diogo Costa after all, because I don’t believe for a second ETH is content with DDG as his No.1.
It’ll be Pickford or that Dutch kid. De Gea will be rotating with an average keeper most likely

RVN1991

Imagine spurs pick up Raya and we get Pickford. I haven't been all that impressed with Costa when I've seen him but hopefully he's the one we're after.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
If we get Pickford while Spurs get Raya, I dont even know what to say, I rate Raya highly and Pickford isnt a ball playing keeper and has worse shot stopping than DDG

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is there a reason why Henderson is not considered?
Ultimately he’s not that good. Equally as pertinent is how he made some claims about how he was convinced of leaving Man Utd before Ten Hag so that he wouldn’t have to stay and benchwarm. Quite an explicit interview at the start of the season about how he’s wasting time here etc. — it’s very likely he’s all but gone this summer.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
What is slightly annoying, Raya is going to be replaced by a goalkeeper that should have been on our radar last year, Mark Flekken.

I see Flekken having a good year in that Brentford side, he would have been perfect to come in as a number 2 and slowly take over the reigns over the course of the year.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
What is slightly annoying, Raya is going to be replaced by a goalkeeper that should have been on our radar last year, Mark Flekken.

I see Flekken having a good year in that Brentford side, he would have been perfect to come in as a number 2 and slowly take over the reigns over the course of the year.
Literally how it doesn't work and would never work.

Licha M

Raya to Spurs
Maignan to Chelsea
Verbruggen to Brighton
Costa too expensive

Welcome Pickford.

GazTheLegend

Had a phenomenal season did Raya. Have to think he's going to be a good signing for -whoever- gets him.

We're going for Pickford aren't we....
I sort of wonder if we won't give Matej Kovar a look. He had a fantastic season himself, think he won POTY over in Prague?

Teja

Raya to Spurs
Maignan to Chelsea
Verbruggen to Brighton
Costa too expensive

Welcome Pickford.
Yep, sounds like our summer is just rotation options (Pickford, Mount, Hojlund). Very underwhelming :(

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Raya to Spurs
Maignan to Chelsea
Verbruggen to Brighton
Costa too expensive

Welcome Pickford.
We cant afford Pickford. Everton will be looking for 60m. I dont think ETH wants him anyway. But luckily even if he does Everton will price him out of a move.

PSV

Average GK to average PL side, makes sense.

Hopefully we stay clear these overrated ones.

Raya and Pickford aren't upgrades on De Gea.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

They are definitely solid sized upgrades on de Gea, just likely not good enough either. De Gea isn't even a top half goalkeeper for me. Those 2 are at least.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Literally how it doesn't work and would never work.
Fine if you don't want to go the finesse route (which I think Flekken would have still gone for as he wasn't in any danger of starting for the Netherlands in this WC year) you bring in a goalkeeper with a perceived lower reputation and hoy de Gea out straight away, either way, my view is that he was attainable and would have been extremely useful.

Von Mistelroum

I really do think that it's very likely we stick with De Gea or bring in a cheap and cheerful backup, maybe even a loan. With the club being sold and that not looking likely to be done for some months (if at all) I don't think we're spending much this summer.

We're being linked to everyone but I reckon we're mostly looking for a striker and then see if there's money left after we secure one. Goalkeeper seems like it would be far down the pecking order sadly.

Dannn411

You've never watched Raya. He is miles clear of De Gea. Commands his box which De Gea is totally incapable of and is a better sweeper than De Gea can ever dream to be. Number 2 in the entire league in high claims while De Gea is 20th. Its night and day.

Springfield WildCats

You've never watched Raya. He is miles clear of De Gea. Commands his box which De Gea is totally incapable of and is a better sweeper than De Gea can ever dream to be. Number 2 in the entire league in high claims while De Gea is 20th. Its night and day.
fairly certain halve the people dismiss him because he plays for Brentford, can’t be that good can he? andy Robertson is rubbish that’s he’s at hull vibes

Gaidal

Tottenham was one of the few teams that had a worse gk than us last year, with this they jump far ahead of us in that aspect.

dinostar77

Agreed. Though im not expecting any keeper signing to be done until after the striker and mason mount situation is sorted.

Wouldnt suprise me if we brought in a experienced cheap keeper who can use his feet for next season. Then in summer of 2024 go for the proper de gea replacement, when we have the budget to do so.

Springfield WildCats

Go through all the teams in the league and apart from Allison & ederson who are off limits, it’s a toss up between him & pope for best of the rest.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Every summer we see players move to other clubs for reasonable prices, players who'd improve our team.

Then come August we'll get the briefs that the business we have done is the best that could have been done without spending £500m. As if the only way to improve on the squad we have is by spending £60m a pop.

Add Raya to the list next to the likes of Alvarez, Caicedo, Palhinha, Enzo Fernandez etc.

Ahmer Baig

Every summer we see players move to other clubs for reasonable prices, players who'd improve our team.

Then come August we'll get the briefs that the business we have done is the best that could have been done without spending £500m. As if the only way to improve on the squad we have is by spending £60m a pop.

Add Raya to the list next to the likes of Alvarez, Caicedo, Palhinha, Enzo Fernandez etc.
Its like we are going in circles every summer and then in August we will end up over paying for the players we could have signed cheaply in June. How many players are we going to let go through our fingers?

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
I wouldn’t get too carried away with the spurs chat just yet remember it’s Daniel Levy we are talkimg about here. They’ve been told the price it takes them to buy Raya - £40m and not sure the skinflint is going to stretch to close enough to that to make a deal given his past record. Raya has been told to find another club and his agent has now panicked as we have set the price we will sell for hence the leak to FR. Still can’t believe UTD are not going to have a run at him - so much better than de Gea at playing out from the back despite what some of the poorly informed on here might tell you it would be an upgrade given the direction in terms of playing style United are headed.

Sparky Rhiwabon

We’re in no position to buy at the moment. I wouldn’t be surprised if Spurs are looking to get this done quickly.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
We’re in no position to buy at the moment. I wouldn’t be surprised if Spurs are looking to get this done quickly.
Well they could do easily - they have the price….Levy will fart about trying to lowball us i suspect so may leave the door open.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Spurs will sign him. Seems like everyone’s making moves early except us… same every year though.