David Raya

croadyman

So, we renew DDG on a quarter of his current salary, sign Raya for half nothing considering his contract situation and flog Henderson (for probably more than Raya will cost)

If Raya proves to be a world beater, then great. If he is merely an upgrade on DDG but not elite, then next year we flog DDG and sign Maignan when we are less hamstrung by FFP with Raya becoming an excellent no. 2.

Would make good business and footballing sense. Which is why we probably won't do it.
Yeah definitely makes sense so won't do it

JuriM

Brentford signed new Gk for 11m from Freiburg already, so they are pretty certain he leaves. They won't sign a backup for 11m I think.

Telsim

Apparently, the goalkeeper with the most saves in the league this season and 5th in clean sheets. Very impressive, considering Brentford are the second team with most shots against them. He is also 2nd in high claims and 6th in sweeper clearances.

No brainer, if we can't get Costa for a reasonable fee.

Last edited:

croadyman

Apparently, the goalkeeper with the most saves in the league this season and 5th in clean sheets. Very impressive, considering Brentford are the second team with most shots against them. He is also 2nd in high claims and 6th in sweeper clearances.

No brainer, if we can't get Costa for a reasonable fee.
What is reasonable for Costa

jesperjaap

Thought he was being oveyhyped like a few premiership keeper linked with us earlier in the season....but as a number 2 to compete with DeGea for the next coupel of years....essentially in a negative net spend selling Henderson, it makes sense. He is definately a good keeper and not having so much pressure on his shoulder (which is my biggest worry for a few names linked) as being the number one here in the public limelight, it is a good deal

daba

Thought he was being oveyhyped like a few premiership keeper linked with us earlier in the season....but as a number 2 to compete with DeGea for the next coupel of years....essentially in a negative net spend selling Henderson, it makes sense. He is definately a good keeper and not having so much pressure on his shoulder (which is my biggest worry for a few names linked) as being the number one here in the public limelight, it is a good deal
Would prefer going out for Diogo Costa, but I’d be satisfied if this was the outcome for sure. We would actually be saving money given Raya will simply occupy Henderson’s wages, and De Gea will be on a much much lower wage.

Von Mistelroum

Looks decent, but if there was any way to get Costa that would 100% be the way to go. His distribution is insane and would give us a whole new dimension.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
The price for Raya is £40m, of course that could be made up of a fee plus addons but that’s the price we will be asking if anyone calls with interest in him at the moment.

arthurka

The price for Raya is £40m, of course that could be made up of a fee plus addons but that’s the price we will be asking if anyone calls with interest in him at the moment.
Of course it isn't, danger of going for free and Flekken coming for under 15m gives the tone.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Of course it isn't, danger of going for free and Flekken coming for under 15m gives the tone.
erm I am guessing your information comes from your own head - mine comes from a far more reliable source. That’s the fee we are going to be asking.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Yeah you can ask what you want the reality will be a lot different.
Let's see how it pans out but I think the reality will not be a lot different. Plus with a replacement in house already we are in no rush to sell the longer the window goes the more desperate clubs will get. He is also a homegrown player which will add a premium to the price. Ball is in other clubs court and his agent right now, when we have a price in mind that's normally what players get sold for in the end more or less.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Guess it will start from25m and with add-ons it will hit somewhere between 30-35.

We will sell Hendo for about 25-30m . Good deal for all parties.

arthurka

Let's see how it pans out but I think the reality will not be a lot different. Plus with a replacement in house already we are in no rush to sell the longer the window goes the more desperate clubs will get. He is also a homegrown player which will add a premium to the price. Ball is in other clubs court and his agent right now, when we have a price in mind that's normally what players get sold for in the end more or less.
Don´t you worry you will probably fleece United like all other clubs have.

Idxomer

He isn't going to be sold for £40m, whether to United or someone else.

mu4c_20le

40m sounds like United tax already included. He is on his last year so i'd say he saround 20-25m, but the thing is I'm not sure if he's that much better than henderson.

40m sounds like United tax already included. He is on his last year so i'd say he saround 20-25m, but the thing is I'm not sure if he's that much better than henderson.
I like Dean but Raya is better. Raya is one of the most well rounded keepers in the league.

Castia

No thanks

If we're going to invest in a keeper (we should) then it should be the Porto keeper Costa he's 10 times the player this shitter will ever be.

Idxomer

Yeah I wonder why...
We are idiots we pay whatever
Don't worry, it's not gonna happen.

£40m would make him the 4th most expensive keeper in history, United are gonna pay that for who's likely a backup keeper.

croadyman

No thanks

If we're going to invest in a keeper (we should) then it should be the Porto keeper Costa he's 10 times the player this shitter will ever be.
We would need to raise money for Costa first

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Don't worry, it's not gonna happen.

£40m would make him the 4th most expensive keeper in history, United are gonna pay that for who's likely a backup keeper.
Interesting people keep saying he’d be a backup when he’s a few pegs above Dave in the Spanish pecking order

dinostar77

He looks pretty tiny in the box next to big centre backs. Not a quality I like in a keeper.
Hes a average keeper, with very good distribution. Raaes@ did a video on him and he isnt good enough for utd.

Last edited: