Davide Petrucci

Drainy

I'd like to think that goal sends a message to Leicester fans who demanded that Lingard should be taken out of the side before he could find his feet.
It can take time for players to adapt to a new level, talent tends to shine through in the end.

Their fans are almost as bad as some of ours when we drop points.

Swaters16

I'd like to think that goal sends a message to Leicester fans who demanded that Lingard should be taken out of the side before he could find his feet.
It can take time for players to adapt to a new level, talent tends to shine through in the end.

Yeah, they really needed to be patient with our youngsters. I have no doubt Petrucci is their best player and could well show it.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Brilliant, hopefully he kicks on now!

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things

Bollocks. They are a team who have spent a lot of money and have a tough fight on for automatic promotion. They can't afford to give a youngster who isn't good enough a lot of time and have no obligation to any one player, especially one who doesn't even belong to them.

Brightonian

Bollocks. They are a team who have spent a lot of money and have a tough fight on for automatic promotion. They can't afford to give a youngster who isn't good enough a lot of time and have no obligation to any one player, especially one who doesn't even belong to them.
No obligation, but if they'd stuck by him longer than a few matches they might have found that he'd come good - potentially very good - and been a serious asset in said fight for promotion.

Like Petrucci. Hence Drainy's point.

Drainy

Exactly! Both Lingard and Petrucci were slaughtered by fans of the loanee clubs after slow starts to their careers (or at least getting raged on because of 'poor' results), Lingard ended up getting 10 minutes here and there getting slammed by the Leicester fans because of his failure to settle and they almost took glee from his loan not getting extended.

Well, Petrucci was taken out of the team for his own good after getting frustrated with himself (and getting a load of shit from fans, including from a certain national radio presenter) but was then was given another chance against Leicester and improved- and smashed in that goal. Lingard has scored some amazing volleys in his time, maybe if Leicester had given him a chance he could have proved them wrong.

Of course there is no obligation, they can pick whatever team they like. To be fair to them, they have solid players in all of Lingard's positions (although maybe not any real depth) so maybe it was just a bad match up, but my point is not to write people off before they have a proper chance.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Cracking goal that. Hope the lad can keep getting goals for them and really starts to kick on and dominate at that level.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Fair enough, it just seems to me that there's an attitude in here that these lower league clubs are lucky to have our players because they play for Man Utd. In reality we are lucky that other clubs will take them and even more lucky if they get a regular starting run.

It's also down to the player to prove he is good enough - Peterborough are screwed and needed a hail mary, and in that respect didn't have much choice other than to stick with Petrucci, whereas Lingard was competing for a place with some of Leicester's best players. That's also not to mention that Leicester need to be trying to win every single game in their position, as I mentioned, since they are in a very tight race for automatic promotion. Some of Leicester's best players have been players Lingard would have been competing for a place with also.

The Neviller

Fair enough, it just seems to me that there's an attitude in here that these lower league clubs are lucky to have our players because they play for Man Utd. In reality we are lucky that other clubs will take them and even more lucky if they get a regular starting run.

It's also down to the player to prove he is good enough - Peterborough are screwed and needed a hail mary, and in that respect didn't have much choice other than to stick with Petrucci, whereas Lingard was competing for a place with some of Leicester's best players. That's also not to mention that Leicester need to be trying to win every single game in their position, as I mentioned, since they are in a very tight race for automatic promotion. Some of Leicester's best players have been players Lingard would have been competing for a place with also.
They shouldn't have asked for him on loan then, if they didn't need him or didn't want to play him. No one forced them to take him there.

Cevno

Peterborough have got Millwall away today. Hopefully, he starts.

Cevno

Any chance of any peterborough match being telecast anytime soon ?

prateik

Probably picked up a knock. Was pretty good in the last game and had been making the bench regularly.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Not in the squad weirdly. :(
What a shame, anything been said on the posh forums?

He must surely come back on the summer tour with us. Giggs and Scholes are getting older and with Petrucci coming to the age where he should start playing first team football I wonder if he'll manage to break through into our squad next year.

Hopefully he builds on that last performance and proves himself capable of playing at a high standard in first team football.

Cevno

Would have some problem coming back into a team that did that away to home at a tough place like Millwall, i would imagine.

prateik

Millwall have lost their last 5.. Not exactly in stellar form.

Cevno

Out with injury today.

Tunnicliffe and Keane starting.

Cevno

Still Injured and missed the game today. fecking hell his luck is bad. :(

Cevno

Darragh MacAnthony ‏@DMAC102 27 Mar

Petrucci wont play again this season for us but Pritchard back soon. We have had awful season for Injuries,especially with loan signings.

:( :(

That's the Peterborough chairman, btw.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I read on twitter something about a hamstring injury? but that should not keep him out all season?.

Cold_Boy

This injury if true probably means the end of his United career.

However, I rate his talent and can see him popping up as a good player in the Serie A when is 27/28 and go on to have a good career there.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I read on twitter something about a hamstring injury? but that should not keep him out all season?.
Perhaps the loan move wasn't until the end of the season, and thus Petrucci will be out for the remainder of the loan but not the season.

We could use him in the Reserves anyway!

Giggsforever

I think that both him and Macheda will leave in the summer. I think they both had the talent to be great at a club like United, but sometimes luck is against you.

Cevno

Perhaps the loan move wasn't until the end of the season, and thus Petrucci will be out for the remainder of the loan but not the season.

We could use him in the Reserves anyway!
His loan was for the rest of the season -

@AdamSMarshall - News of a deal from Old Trafford - Davide Petrucci has extended his stay at Peterborough until the end of the season
But yeah, it is possible he will be out for 2/3 weeks more and they might have sent him back as they are in a relegation dogfight and needed another loan signing with emergency window closing right now.

Hopefully that's the case as he might have a chance at getting a first team game for us too if we wrap up the title early.