Davide Petrucci

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Hopefully he has a good start to his short term career there. Really hoping he comes back on tour next year, he's coming to the age that they decide if he has a future with us or not, hopefully he does.

prateik

Would love a stream for this. With all the pl games, there probably won't be Any though.

Drainy

Sounds like quite a few are saying he didn't look match fit. Makes sense given that he hasn't played much football this month- think the last game he played in was before Christmas.

Dion

Petrucci looked much better second half deep in midfield and is very good on the ball (in a different way to Thorne as Petrucci is very light weight) but the boy is talented but as Fergie said will get better with games
Petrucci didn't look match fit and struggled throughout despite playing full 90 mins
On today's evidence petrucci is no Thorne but early days
I don't know if fergie intends petrucci to be the replacement Thorne, on today's evidence he certainly wasn't but as I said early days for the lad.
Wooton did very well,petrucci seemed a bit of a luxury we cant afford to carry,but early days.
Petrucci has a lot in common with Suarez, both divers it seems!
Some comments from a posh forum

Will Absolute

Thanks for that, Dion.

Hopefully he's given time to find his feet. A relegation threatened side might not be able to afford that luxury though. I guess it depends on how much faith Ferguson has in him.

Cevno

Was reading Peterborough forum and he doesn't seem to have much competition if he does half decently.

EDogen

Seems like it was not a dream debut but as many say he should do better with time. But then the question is if there is time there with the relegation battle around. Hope he can make a mark there and show the talent.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
63 minutes today and his replacement changed the game according to 'Boro fans.

Newell was dreadful and scored a crazy own goal and Petrucci looked light weight but showed some glimpses second half of his quality
Petrucci 5 Obviously still having to adapt, but had so much possession and didn't do enough with it. Almost every forward ball went to a Hull player.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Heard he was playing as deepest midfielder on twitter. Which is odd.

Cevno

Heard he was playing as deepest midfielder on twitter. Which is odd.
Yeah, among the 2 deeper midfielders. Played almost the Carrick role for a while too.

Darren Ferguson's comments on him post match -

“Grant has been training really well and he’s been a bit unlucky not to get a start, but I felt Joe Newell and George Boyd had been playing well and we have bought Davide Petrucci here to play.

“Davide got very frustrated with himself in the second-half which is why I took him off, but we have to bear in mind that he has never been out on loan before.

“He is, by definition of where he came from, a very good footballer and he loves being at this club. We only have him for a month at first, but I will definitely try and extend the loan.

Good that he still trusts him, as most of their fans are already being reactionary and writing him off.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He hasn't played a full 90 in Christ knows how long. Give him another 2/3 games and then his quality will start to shine through.

Even if it doesn't sometimes the game time is important even if you don't shine, you don't just learn from good experiences, chances are he will have learned a lot more having a couple of sub standard games than he would of done walking it in our reserves.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Watching him over the last 18 months or so, I had always felt myself that if he were to have any future with us long-term, it would be deeper than most think. I think he'll eventually be at his best sitting in front of the defence and starting attacks. He's developed a bit of a tackle too, and I feel that is the one area he can get a bit of time and space on the ball that he needs.

Cevno

@AdamSMarshall - News of a deal from Old Trafford - Davide Petrucci has extended his stay at Peterborough until the end of the season

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Brilliant. He's at the age where he needs to show his quality to have a chance of a future for us. The next 18 months are very important for his united career.

Cevno

On the bench today. Wootton is injured apparently.

Cevno

BBC Cambs Sport ‏@BBCCambsSport

Pritchard is on for Mendez-Laing. Petrucci has really arrived as a Posh player today. Neat passing, good strong challenges and a goal.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
@BBCCambsSport: Posh 1 Leicester 1. Sensational strike from Davide Petrucci. Absolute quality on the half volley. #theposh

Cevno

Darragh MacAnthony ‏@DMAC102

Thought McCann & Petrucci were immense in CM, ran all day long both of them with Grant looking like a 21 year old. Loved it!

That's their Chairman. :p

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Beautiful, great to see him take a shoot on sight attitude, and love that he didn't want to take a touch even though the ball had a fair spin on it.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Hopefully gives Petrucci a bit of confidence that he can dominate at that level

Brightonian

Brilliant. Always a matter of time, if he was given some. Too much quality not to find his feet and shine eventually.