Day 1: Brazil vs. Croatia

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetMeRollIt

if you think that that was a penalty then you might as well stop watching football and take up watching netball or basketball or whatever
Were we having a discussion? I've explained thoroughly how I see Fred being stopped. Why do I have to stop watching football??? Goodness.

quackattack

I saw even stronger shot today, similiar situation like 1st goal and keeper saved it pretty easy, but yes first goal was tough.
Penalty should've been a save but, feck. You said for 3rd goal by yourself it's his guilt, but yes he is GK for years and this is his last WC or some major competition.

If that penalty is a penalty, and you saw a penalty, you should see a foul right here, criteria of foul wasn't same for both teams but we both have our different looks and I don't want to discuss about it anymore ;)

It is funny how the second he whistled the penalty he started running away from them :lol:
Afaik, he is running into "penalty position" which is suppose to signalize, not only through the whistle, but also through his position that it is a penalty, hence I do not believe it was stupid at all. (The decisions however is another story.)

tomac

Were we having a discussion? I've explained thoroughly how I see Fred being stopped. Why do I have to stop watching football??? Goodness.
You dont have to stop watching but you need to realise that football is a contact sport.

LetMeRollIt

I saw even stronger shot today, similiar situation like 1st goal and keeper saved it pretty easy, but yes first goal was tough.
Penalty should've been a save but, feck. You said for 3rd goal by yourself it's his guilt, but yes he is GK for years and this is his last WC or some major competition.

If that penalty is a penalty, and you saw a penalty, you should see a foul right here, criteria of foul wasn't same for both teams but we both have our different looks and I don't want to discuss about it anymore ;)

It is funny how the second he whistled the penalty he started running away from them :lol:
Yes, the ref should have called it a foul.

LetMeRollIt

You dont have to stop watching but you need to realise that football is a contact sport.
Certainly, but you can't hold and stop the ball player from playing the ball, can you. Guy controlled the ball and was going for a strike.

quackattack

The question is not if it was a foul or not, because the answer to that is both yes and no. Yes because he is being (as little as it was) hindered, but no because it is a contact sport. What makes the whole situation very debated is not the yes/no, but the fact that the refs. decision(s) must be the same for either team/player. So if it was a foul he should give fouls for all similar situations, something he didn't, and if it was not a foul this should apply for the other insidents on hte pitch as well.

LetMeRollIt

Holding the player? he barely touched him
Well, here we go again... I don't enjoy repeating myself but different people keep coming up to me with the same argument.

That's what many people think because the movement was so quick and Fred's fall was exaggerated and they assume the ref was fooled. Please see my post with the video and breakdown of the movement. There was definitely a pull.

Mustinjo

Well, here we go again... I don't enjoy repeating myself but different people keep coming up to me with the same argument.

That's what many people think because the movement was so quick and Fred's fall was exaggerated and they assume the ref was fooled. Please see my post with the video and breakdown of the movement. There was definitely a pull.
So how come in yesterday's game Cakir didn't (correctly) give penalty on Marcelo when there was a 3x bigger "pull" than the one on Fred?

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.

It's not a foul. Fred forces himself over.

Cereal Killer

Certainly, but you can't hold and stop the ball player from playing the ball, can you. Guy controlled the ball and was going for a strike.
You are 100% right. Fred was going for a strike. But, he had his back to the goal, his touch let him down, and he realized that even if he were to strike the ball, there were two big Croatian defenders behind him, so he opted for the easy way out and fell over. Fair play to him, it worked. But, it wasn't a penalty.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...brazil-penalty-vs-croatia-in-world-cup-opener

I thought it was a penalty too, until I watched this shot a few times.

LetMeRollIt

You are 100% right. Fred was going for a strike. But, he had his back to the goal, his touch let him down, and he realized that even if he were to strike the ball, there were two big Croatian defenders behind him, so he opted for the easy way out and fell over. Fair play to him, it worked. But, it wasn't a penalty.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...brazil-penalty-vs-croatia-in-world-cup-opener

I thought it was a penalty too, until I watched this shot a few times.
Well glad there's someone that agrees that even far.

May be Fred couldn't get to the ball like you say but we don't really know. I think he looks close enough. And the foul is that his forward movement was stopped itself, so, like I said in my first post on this, I think Lovren has himself to blame for the call.

LetMeRollIt

Yeah, sorry for boring everyone, I really don't like dwelling on this and repeating myself but different people keep coming up to me.

I've already stated my case in detail so I will let it go. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.