Day 1: Brazil vs. Croatia

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomac

Why the feck is the referee not speaking in English? How are you meant to communicate with the ref if the guy is only capable of speaking in Japanese. The fact that he's a J League referee goes against him as well. He's shown himself up in two successive World Cups.
I wouldnt be surprised if you where accused of racism for this comment

ravi2

What diving antics?
Oh that corner flag clutching face thing?
So because of one incident it made you hate the entire team
From the time Ive been watching football, most south american teams will do ANYTHING to win, especially Brasil.
But they take cheating to another level and the refs appear to be in on it this time.

They are the most unlikable Brazilian team Ive seen in recent memory...if you are a Brasil fan you should be ashamed in the manner of the victory yesterday.

It just struck me that you said "what diving antics" when referencing Brasil... are you a high or just a troll?

tomac

It is not if you're talking about jumping for the ball against the goalie inside his 6 yard box. Aside of that yes.
so how come every goal thats scored from a corner isnt disallowed? i mean your not allowed to jump for the ball in the goalies 6 yard box

Cristiano_RAFC

That's nothing.

Before the game I predicted that after the game someone will claim they had predicted all the above.

And here you are!!!

Obviously, I am a genius! :-)
Except mine is actually true. I did say I expected Fred to score 1 of the three goals so I was wrong about that. Other than that I felt like Nostradamus for a night. :)

Lyricist

so how come every goal thats scored from a corner isnt disallowed? i mean your not allowed to jump for the ball in the goalies 6 yard box

You're not supposed to jump into the goalie in the 6 yard box is what I meant. When he's about to catch the ball and somebody connects with him, causing the goalie not to be able to keep his arms steady, and therefore dropping the ball, it's called off every time. Not so unusual, is it? You see challenges like the one from Olic being called off all the time.

Fenomeno9

From the time Ive been watching football, most south american teams will do ANYTHING to win, especially Brasil.
But they take cheating to another level and the refs appear to be in on it this time.

They are the most unlikable Brazilian team Ive seen in recent memory...if you are a Brasil fan you should be ashamed in the manner of the victory yesterday.

It just struck me that you said "what diving antics" when referencing Brasil... are you a high or just a troll?
I'm not ashamed at all. I have seen bigger crimes in futbol. I'm pretty sure there a more than a few games that Man Utd won based on a bad ref decision and that goes for a lot of teams.

ravi2

I'm not ashamed at all. I have seen bigger crimes in futbol. I'm pretty sure there a more than a few games that Man Utd won based on a bad ref decision and that goes for a lot of teams.

Of course you arent ashamed at all... you are Brazilian and have no shame....whatever it takes to win right?

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That's modern football unfortunately. The whining and complaining that is so common today brought us to this point. So many fouls given for challenges on the goalkeeper are simply not right.

tomac

That's modern football unfortunately. The whining and complaining that is so common today brought us to this point. So many fouls given for challenges on the goalkeeper are simply not right.
I guess your right, I have been following football for a long time and I remember that it used to be a contact sport.

Kubalionzzale

Olic goal is kinda clear, his hand wasn't tucked in between Julio Cesar hands, look at replay from some other angle.

Member 39557

I guess your right, I have been following football for a long time and I remember that it used to be a contact sport.
A shame you don't remember that the whole ball has to be over the line for it to be out of play.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Why the feck is the referee not speaking in English? How are you meant to communicate with the ref if the guy is only capable of speaking in Japanese. The fact that he's a J League referee goes against him as well. He's shown himself up in two successive World Cups.
Having English as a requirement for a referee at a world wide event presumes that every single player can speak it too, unless we want there to be time wasted whilst a team mate translates it. It just isn't feasible, and seems like nothing but a cheap argument from the Croatian manager.

Ananke

Neymar gets sent off, 10 man Brazil. Completely different game. Completely different World Cup for Brazil, in a negative sense.

The wrath of Brazil would be upon the referee. He bottled it for that reason imo. That's either a red card or no foul. Clearly looks at modric, raises his arm, shunts it. Yellow card has no place in that event.

Fenomeno9

You are defending cheating, so yes you should be ashamed.
If you had honour you would know what I am talking about.
Did I not say on this thread, that it wasn't a penalty. I'm I suppose lose sleep over it:lol::lol::lol: because the ref made an error. I have seen Brazil lose on ref error, I seen them win because of it just like every other team. Big deal.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Would give me immense pleasure to see them knocked out. Constantly whining and brandishing cards, as if the home support wasn't enough already. Hope they get absolutely humiliated by a sub par side.
Brazil are running on past glories. This team is nothing special. They will be given every help by Blatter and his tools because the sponsors will pay millions for them to progress.

Joke of a match yesterday.

tomac

A shame you don't remember that the whole ball has to be over the line for it to be out of play.
Ok the ball wasnt out of bounds I admit that I was wrong and that my bias against brazil and neymar influenced my post

Mali_Zeus

I'm thinking that your mind is in about the same place that my one was after the Henry handball against us in '09. But look, you have two more games to make things right.
It is. Players and Niko need to calm down and forget that theft althouhg it will be really hard.
That was so frustrating, to loose like that..

I'm really upset and feel awful today. Of course 6, 7 beers and a 3 hour sleep didnt help.

LetMeRollIt

To me at 28-34 secs, you can see that the ball is getting away from Fred - he won't actually get a shot in if he continues. He then goes down to make sure someone else will get a shot on goal.
The point I'm trying to make if you please is whether Lovren stopped him. Everyone is saying he didn't do anything. From what I see I think he did.

LetMeRollIt

Fred is 180+ and has 85 kilos, it is physically impossible to fall like that from just a hand on the shoulder. Impossible.
I know you are desperately trying to defend your compatriot, but he severely fecked up yesterday. Why don't you bring up Neymar's yellow? A red card for that elbow would've been a decision a thousand times easier to defend than this penalty. Also, somebody put a video of Ramires fauling Rakitić prior to the third goal with ref standing 2 meters away, what about that? And to the top of that, foul discrepancy was staggering, 21-5. Yes, Croatia played more physical and committed more fouls, but not to that extent.
Yes, I'm Japanese. It's no secret, I've written so in my intro and in some of my posts. So yes I am interested in trying to check if Nishimura had really messed up as everyone says he has. But if I couldn't find cause I will admit and not try to defend him.

For the PK my point once again is that he did in fact forcefully pull Fred, which no one seems to admit. Yes he does fall down exaggeratedly, but there definitely was a pull, so I think Lovren has only himself to blame I think.

Yes Fred is big, but you can see he was genuinely slanting to take a bug step forward, and if your legs kicked to move the whole body but your upper body was suddenly locked tight, it seems natural that your legs go slipping forward.

Neymar's yellow card: "use of excessive force" is what constitutes a red card if I understand correctly. I don't think that applies so I think yellow was
valid. Seriously if the ref was giving favors to Brazil or corrupt or whatever he would have just gone by with a caution.

The play before Oscar's goal honestly I don't really know; play was continued and led to the goal so I don't remember seeing a replay.

Last edited:

LetMeRollIt

Get fecking real mate.
If that's how you want to win then it sucks to be you.
Well thank you for your kind words but I don't really understand what you mean by my wanting to win.

You think I'm rooting for Brazil and I'm trying to justify a wrong judge for Brazil? I've stated my complaint about Neymar dives days ago in the Brazil thread.

And I'll repeat what I said before: if a DF from the NT that I root for did the same thing as Lovre, I wouldn't blame the ref for calling the foul (because it IS a foul), I'd be blaming the stupidity of my defender.

bugmat

Someone mentioned that Modric had been the best CM in Europe this season but he didnt seem to exert much influence in this game.
He was ok and so was rakitic - problem was the supporting cast weren't as good around them apart from Olic who was good too.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The point I'm trying to make if you please is whether Lovren stopped him. Everyone is saying he didn't do anything. From what I see I think he did.
The point I am making is that Lovren did feck all, Fred fecked up, and then so did the ref when Fred tried to unfeckup his feckup.

Status
Not open for further replies.