Day 1: Opening Ceremony and Russia vs Saudi Arabia (Kick-off: 16h00 BST)

Minimalist

My god Clive Tyldsley (sp?) really is getting more and more cringeworthy as the years roll on.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mario Fernandes looked good at RB so far, I remember him playing for Brazil in a few friendlies.

We need an rvn

Saudi surprising me with the way they knock the ball about when they get chance. My own ignorance made me think they'd be a massively defensive team playing route one.
I think we'll be surprised by a lot of the so called smaller countries being able to pass the ball around with one touch passing and looking good. End product and defending will be where they get let down, and quality of course too

padr81

Supports
Man City
This is a good game though Russia have got on top since the goal.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Saudi keeper is the definite weak link.

padr81

Supports
Man City
How did he miss that offside?!?!
He didn't new rules. Play the game on if not 100% certain and let VAR deal with it if its a goal. Collina said linesmen have been told to do this going into the tourney.

Anustart89

How did he miss that offside? It will be like this the entire tournament, right?
They’re being instructed to not do flag if they think offside is the correct call, because they can go back and review it. Head injury following that incident, might be a leg break next time. Who knows.

:rolleyes:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Keep thinking that board says Rwanda. Just to keep up the despot nature of things.....:lol:

BTW Saudi have Frans Hoek as their GK coach for this world cup.