Day 1: Opening Ceremony and Russia vs Saudi Arabia (Kick-off: 16h00 BST)

Going to be a far bit of pressure on Egypt to beat Saudi by a few goals now as assume 2nd is decided on GD.

If we didn't beat Russia then we're out. They'll score more goals than us. Will depend on Salah form for this match.

From memory the group stages are always decent in the world cup.

Last few tournaments though the tournament becomes incredibly cagey and negative when we get to the knock outs and the supposedly classic matches occur.

Apart from the 7-1 of course.

Now imagine Cavani and Suarez pressing this Saudi backline :lol:

The quality has been dreadful but at least it's entertaining :lol:

Suarez and Cavani will score 5 or 6 against Saudi Arabia

Expected this to be the most boring match of the tournament but I'm happy to be proven wrong. The game is fun to watch even though there are no big names playing...

The quality's not the best but I'm so glad it's here. I shouted 'GOOOOOOOOL... GOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOL!' like a South American commentator for that second one, even though it wasn't even that good.

The quality's not the best but I'm so glad it's here. I shouted 'GOOOOOOOOL... GOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOL!' like a South American commentator for that second one, even though it wasn't even that good.

Thats the spirit! Is there anyone around you? If so even better

First time ever that a substitute scored a goal in the opening match of a World Cup

I think the Saudis are a bit tragic, they seem well drilled in their movements in possession and they have decent technique throughout their team, but you can also see that they simply lack the quality to pull that kind of football off at a world cup level. They get bullied off the ball with ease, they are too slow mentally and they are prone to terrible terrible passes.

Russia is far from convincing either. They just sit back passively hoping to pounce on mistakes from their opponents and when they do get the opportunity they aren't sharp at all.

Forgot Neville managed Cheryshev at Valencia.

He was at Real Madrid as a youth player wasn't he.

Don't understand the fuss, Saudi player toed the ball.

I've only heard of about 4 players on the pitch, yet I'm still loving this.

Can't wait for some of the tastier group games! Portugal v Spain tomorrow night :drool:

Too bad we don't have Norway lighting up the tournament.