Day 10: Ecuador vs Senegal | Netherlands vs Qatar | Iran vs USA | Wales vs England

NoPace

Call me an idiot but Kane should not be playing. Drops deep into areas where others could do more e.g. Foden and doesn't have the speed to offer anything in behind. What may work for Conte and his squad isn't necessarily transferrable to England.
I think playing Rashford is the way to keep Kane in the team and Kane is so much better than Wilson that he's the best choice.

I could see subbing off Kane after 70 minutes or for extra-time in the knockouts for Wilson, but that's the limit.

NoPace

You can tell the people who don’t know football when they’re slagging off Henderson.
A 30 year old Henderson walks into this team. Great fit with Bellingham and Rice as Bellingham play on the left and needs freedom and Henderson better on the right and can do the adult things.

But a 32 year old Henderson, I dunno. England really needed to develop a quality #8 or Phillips to have stayed healthy and maybe moved 18 months ago to like Spurs instead of Bentancur or to United (lots of CM space, could have taken Fred or McTominay's job), Liverpool (to take Henderson's job) or Arsenal (to take Xhaka's job with him going to Italy)

Deery

Dreary
A 30 year old Henderson walks into this team. Great fit with Bellingham and Rice as Bellingham play on the left and needs freedom and Henderson better on the right and can do the adult things.

But a 32 year old Henderson, I dunno. England really needed to develop a quality #8 or Phillips to have stayed healthy and maybe moved 18 months ago to like Spurs instead of Bentancur or to United (lots of CM space, could have taken Fred or McTominay's job), Liverpool (to take Henderson's job) or Arsenal (to take Xhaka's job with him going to Italy)
32 is not old I guarantee you Henderson will bring more stability to the England midfield and play more probing passes than the other two, he regularly plays much better for England and I’m sure he will in a British tie also.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I think playing Rashford is the way to keep Kane in the team and Kane is so much better than Wilson that he's the best choice.

I could see subbing off Kane after 70 minutes or for extra-time in the knockouts for Wilson, but that's the limit.
I would play Rashford up top, running the back four to make space for Grealish and Foden to have space to play between the lines. Kane playing basically makes Foden have to play like Kuluveski, which is not his game at all. Better to play Saka if we absolutely must keep playing Kane on one ankle.

marktan

Kane should be rested really as he's half injured. Going out in the next round is as bad as now, you might as well rest him as he'll be key to how far England go.

Wales actually would have a chance with England's lineup and Page finally playing 4-3-3, but I think Harry Wilson has to start instead of Ampadu or Ramsey who's 5 years past his sell by date.

Steffa Barnesa

The feck ITV cutting to a break for?! The joy/anguish on the pitch is what the World Cup is about!
So strange we watch post-match reactions from Senegal and Ecuador's players in other matches, yet this one (the most important, when one team go through and one go out), we see mere seconds of it! So infuriating. The heightened emotions of the World Cup are unparalled with players celebrating, players weeping. . .and we barely see it. Ad break OK, if they at least show some of it when they return, but alas they don't.

PoTMS

When's the last time Kane played well for England in a major tournament?

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Bringing hendersen in to hold together our fragile midfield. My god Southgate's tactics make England underperform and look incredibly shite. So he rectifies his cowardness by doing this instead.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Fox just finished a profile of Adams. fecking love that guy and so proud to have him as a captain of my national team.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just heard Tyler Adams' response to the Iranian reporter's question. Absolute class.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
This whole prematch show on BBC has been an absolute cringefest of a show

Tarrou

Just saw Jason mcateer and called him a scouse prick, he said oh that’s nice

prick

NoPace

I would play Rashford up top, running the back four to make space for Grealish and Foden to have space to play between the lines. Kane playing basically makes Foden have to play like Kuluveski, which is not his game at all. Better to play Saka if we absolutely must keep playing Kane on one ankle.
Saka and Kulusevski do have somewhat similar styles as left-footed ball carriers, but Spurs play 3 at the back and 2 in midfield when Kulusevski plays so it may be different, though England can switch to that now that Kyle Walker is back.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How many sprints will Kane manage today? 5/6?

Todd

I appreciate the need for these matches to be played simultaneously but I hate that I can't watch both of today's matches. Have to go with the US this time but hopefully the United lads fair well in the other match.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Rested, Southgate is never benching him. Guarantee he's first name on the team in next round.
Yep, he's literally penned in. They team whiteboard they have in the dressing room has his name printed on along with the image of the pitch.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Is the USA/Iran game on, on UK tv? Think it may be the better watch as England are already through

FlapR

Didn't realise how tiny Dan James is, christ. He looks like a mascot.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
will be nice for the welsh to be treated to a proper anthem.