Day 12: Canada vs Morocco | Croatia vs Belgium | Costa Rica vs Germany | Japan vs Spain

the_cliff

I watched most of the games in that group and I also watched the previous Afcon. Morocco are the real deal, they have a very good team this time around and they are even better now than in the previous world cup or Afcon.

Croatia on the other hand are sliding, many players getting old but still something in the tank. Modric is good but he has lost a step. Can get late sometimes studs up which might give him a red card against high profile teams. No threat from right wing either, it's all from Perisic on the left.

Morocco wouldn't need to adapt, they'll just play on the counter like against Croatia. They will also have extra motivation with the history and political dimension between the neighbouring countries. Croatia on the other hand would likely need to play on the counter against Spain and I haven't seen that side of them yet.
I agree, Morocco will also have home advantage and the stadium will be rocking.

I think Morocco is a potential banana slip for any team (barring Brazil and France) this world cup.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Maybe the germans should have boycotted the WC if they feel that strongly about this.

I would also like to see non western football teams highlight the social and foreign policy problems of the host nation the next time the WC is held on European or on north American soil. There are plenty of human rights violations that can be highlighted too.
Yes, I would like to see that too. Doesn’t really have much to do with my original point though

nakpodiareuben

This matches were just crazy. It would have been more fun if Costa Rica had won and knocked out Spain. What a world cup!