Day 12: Canada vs Morocco | Croatia vs Belgium | Costa Rica vs Germany | Japan vs Spain

croadyman

Would have happily had some serious egg on my face if both had gone out,mind you that could have really opened it up for Brazil

croadyman

It already has opened it up. Spain are in the other half of the draw. Brazil have a good run to the semis at least.
Yeah just realised Spain were runners up,initially I thought they still won group forgetting Japan had got 6 points.

Kopral Jono

It's not debatable, you just don't understand how geometry works. If an angle slightly on the left shows the ball in, it was even more in in reality. According to the rules of the game, THE BALL WAS IN, stop pretending it's "debatable".
Opinions are debatable, facts are not. But let's face it -- some people just don't want to admit they're wrong no matter what.

RedDevil@84

Is the rule whether the surface of the ball is out or its farthest point?
The entire ball has to be behind the line. Be it for a goal to be allowed or a ball to be declared as out of play.
And doesn't matter if the ball is touching the ground or in the mid air.

mu4c_20le

Opinions are debatable, facts are not. But let's face it -- some people just don't want to admit they're wrong no matter what.
FIFA have yet to release any images from their end, and they just as easily could've made a mistake.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
spain will lose next round, ours was the weakest group.

Last edited:

Chief123

It feels weird to think the World Cup only started 11 days ago. Feels like it’s been a month! Time goes slow when your having fun?

the_cliff

Disgrace from the Spanish team, losing on purpose so they dot have to play Croatia or Brazil, I hope they get knocked out, cnuts.
Morocco will do them.

I don't think they tried to avoid anyone tbh, If I were Spain I'd much prefer to face Croatia than Morocco who will be up for it and have home advantage.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Anyone can beat anyone in this world cup if you're on it. There's going to be more surprises.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Morocco will do them.

I don't think they tried to avoid anyone tbh, If I were Spain I'd much prefer to face Croatia than Morocco who will be up for it and have home advantage.
The upsets in knockout stage are always done by european teams, not by other confederations though.

Spain probably think they can beat Morocco, judging by history, and also avoided Brazil.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Morocco and Portugal instead of Croatia and Brazil? I think they lost on purpose.
Maybe they didn't try very hard to win after Germany score their 4th goal but no way they lost on purpose considering that they could have been out of the WC (and were for a couple of minute) had something wrong happened with germany. That would have been one of the stupidst things in the history of the WC. They just played a pretty bad game.

FIFA have yet to release any images from their end, and they just as easily could've made a mistake.
We have images that shows the ball in even with a slightly unfavorable angle, no mistake was made.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think Spain lost on purpose.

This Spanish team is generally not great at scoring, the Costa Rica game was an aberration.

croadyman

Morocco will do them.

Yeah that atmosphere was crackling against Canada,will be very hostile when they play Spain.

fck

Supports
Bayern
Spain didn't lose on purpose. For Japan everything was on the line and Spain was already looking to the next round and then you have results like that.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
In hindsight, I'm ok with Spain fixing that loss. It means we will almost certainly get a Brazil v Spain/Portugal semi final.

On the other side, France v [could be anyone really]. Need proper teams in the final stages. As romantic as 2002 semis were supposed to be with South Korea and Turkey making it, that world cup is known to be one of the worst ever. And not just because of the final.

antk

In hindsight, I'm ok with Spain fixing that loss. It means we will almost certainly get a Brazil v Spain/Portugal semi final.

On the other side, France v [could be anyone really]. Need proper teams in the final stages. As romantic as 2002 semis were supposed to be with South Korea and Turkey making it, that world cup is known to be one of the worst ever. And not just because of the final.
You read the brackets wrong - Spain and Portugal are on France and England's side.

the_cliff

The upsets in knockout stage are always done by european teams, not by other confederations though.

Spain probably think they can beat Morocco, judging by history, and also avoided Brazil.
Maybe they did it to avoid Brazil. Yet, people are forgetting they nearly got knocked out by Morocco last world cup in the group stages, in fact, they got outplayed and had many favourable decisions that day. I don't think they'll have it easy against Morocco at all.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Well fair fecks. You give some, you take some.
They're not 'giving some'. Germany's actions weren't 'banter'. It was to highlight LGBTQ not having a voice in Qatar.

"Yout treatment of LGBTQ individuals is not right."
"Ha but you got knocked out the WC!!!"

Is not 'giving some and taking some'.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Maybe they did it to avoid Brazil. Yet, people are forgetting they nearly got knocked out by Morocco last world cup in the group stages, in fact, they got outplayed and had many favourable decisions that day. I don't think they'll have it easy against Morocco at all.
I don't really understand why people think it's such a genious move to avoid the other side of the bracket when they'll face Morocco, Portugal, France or England on their current side. Doesn't seem a lot easier to me.

the_cliff

I don't really understand why people think it's such a genious move to avoid the other side of the bracket when they'll face Morocco, Portugal, France or England on their current side. Doesn't seem a lot easier to me.
Exactly, and probably end up with the team they wanted to 'avoid' in the final anyway. :lol:

Of course, if they even reach that far...