Day 12: Uruguay vs Russia, Saudi Arabia vs Egypt, Spain v Morocco and Iran vs Portugal

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Final match day for Group A and B

Group A(kickoff at 15h00)

Uruguay vs Russia (Winner takes the group)

Saudi Arabia vs Egypt (Dead rubber, although 46 year El Hadary could become the oldest world cup player ever if selected)

Group B(Kickoff at 19h00)

Spain vs Morocco (Morocco are out,Spain need to better Portugal's result to win the group)

Iran vs Portugal (Iran win and they go through..surely not?)

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
If we play like we’ve been playing we’re going to get in trouble. Iran are no joke, they should have got a point against Spain.

Hopefully we get a 1 goal lead and then manage to control the game and add a few more to that

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Really can't see Iran attacking from the start. Think they'll play similar to v Spain, try to keep it tight for an hour and give it a go afterwards.

Can't say the other games interest me much, will probably tune in at 2.55pm for the Amazing Uruguay anthem and then go for a walk or something. :lol:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Really can't see Iran attacking from the start. Think they'll play similar to v Spain, try to keep it tight for an hour and give it a go afterwards.

Can't say the other games interest me much, will probably tune in at 2.55pm for the Amazing Uruguay anthem and then go for a walk or something. :lol:
Why not just listen to it on youtube?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why not just listen to it on youtube?
You listen to Youtube on countryside walks?:eek:

Russia-Uruguay dosen't really grab me, Russia will probably struggle to create chances v Uruguay backline so could be another game Uruguay pinch by a goal.

Much more looking forward to the finale in the other groups.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Cristiano will put Iran to the sword and win the group for Portugal

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Cristiano will put Iran to the sword and win the group for Portugal
Portugal would rather play Russia than Uruguay I'd imagine so finishing second might be better.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Portugal would rather play Russia than Uruguay I'd imagine so finishing second might be better.
The bottom half of the draw is where everyone wants to be ever since Mexico beat Germany

Ban

Not fekin Portugal in the quarters again surely?

If we get past last 16 of course.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I really hope we get a one goal lead early and then manage to fight for getting first place in the group with the likes of Guedes and Bernardo stepping up.

Knowing Santos and this team it feels it’s more likely that this turns into a nervy game though.

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
Spain will win 4-1,Portugal 1-0, Russia and Uruguay should be a draw and the other game no idea since they are both out..

el3mel

Portugal are going to Nick a usual 1-0. Can't see Iran containing Ronaldo the whole game.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Portugal are going to Nick a usual 1-0. Can't see Iran containing Ronaldo the whole game.
I would love for Iran to stun Portugal and knock them out.

Unlikely though.

Don't get me wrong, I love Portugal and the Portuguese people, just not Ronaldo :)

Pacificgi

Not liking the 3pm kick off times i wont be able to catch any of the games

Kapardin

What does this even mean?

If you mean park the bus like against Spain then they can't as they go out.
Iran are not suddenly going to transform into peak attacking machines. As someone else said above, they will adopt their usual cautious approach but with a bit more urgency to go for goal, especially if they don't score in the first half. And surround Cristiano denying him the space to breathe.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
For what the press says our team will be very similar. Koke for Lucas and perhaps Thiago / Asensio.
I think It's too conservative and a bit excessive when you play so many games in a few days.
I've seen Russia, England, Belgium, Senegal or yesterday Colombia playing well but above all with a lot of energy and intensity.
Personally I would make more changes. About being first or second I don't care as long as we avoid Russia.
A team can evolve along the World Cup but right now I think they are not among the candidates,although it would be nice to reach at least quarters.
Once there I don't mind the rival

Himannv

Iran are not suddenly going to transform into peak attacking machines. As someone else said above, they will adopt their usual cautious approach but with a bit more urgency to go for goal, especially if they don't score in the first half. And surround Cristiano denying him the space to breathe.
Since we're talking tactics, their fans have decided to disrupt Ronaldo's sleep to give their team an edge.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-for-quiet-after-they-surround-portugal-hotel

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Uruguay - Russia then Portugal - Iran for me.

I understand why they need to do this on the last round but I wish it was possible to watch them all live. Might just have the other game on the laptop each time.

RedDevil@84

I see the BBC are still wanking over Salah.
Poor English media. Salah was their main selling story of the WC and Egypt crash out like over-hyped team