Day 13: Italy vs. Uruguay

Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Italy will go through with a win or a draw, Uruguay need the win.
I thought in case of a draw Uruguay will go through on goals scored?

Edit: well no, I take that back. For some reason I thought Uruguay lost to CR 1-2, but it was 1-3 actually. Good, don't want Uruguay to go through.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Interesting to see Italy's approach to this game. Will they be going for the win or hold onto a draw?

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Finally a match where the diving, cheating, spitting and all other forms of cuntishness will be on show. It's what the WC is all about

I would enjoy it if Uruguay went out after celebrating like they'd won the whole thing
Really? Italy played both games cleanly and I would say there were no signs of 'cuntishness' in the last euros also.

I have also seen Balotelli been called out here by some posters but has he dived, cheated, elbowed anyone or acted as a cnut? Nope.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Finally a match where the diving, cheating, spitting and all other forms of cuntishness will be on show. It's what the WC is all about

I would enjoy it if Uruguay went out after celebrating like they'd won the whole thing
To be fair to them, getting out from this group of death is a worthy celebration. England would have acting like they won oscar if they're in Uruguay position

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
To be fair to them, getting out from this group of death is a worthy celebration. England would have acting like they won oscar if they're in Uruguay position
Someone being sensible for once. Shocking.

23rd

No Motta please, this guy already past it..

I heard Immobile gonna be a starter for this match..do Balotelli go to bench, or it will be two strikers upfront

Eriksen

Hope Uruguay stuff them after a) Balotelli's shush gesture after the England game and b) the utterly abject performance when we needed them to do us a favour.

antohan

A speech filled with thanks on stage? That would be weird.

Suarez was crying and being carried around on people's shoulders like he was fecking Pele.
He was on a wheelchair a month ago and scored a brace when clearly still unfit but not having any choice but to play and try his best. I was shocked he actually managed two halves.

Stop being a blinkered cnut.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
He was on a wheelchair a month ago and scored a brace when clearly still unfit but not having any choice but to play and try his best. I was shocked he actually managed two halves.

Love him or hate him but you gotta really admire him as a footballer. Such a great character of mental strength and determination. I'd say he is as important to Uruguay as Ronaldo is important to Portugal. If he scores against Italy and beat the Italians, I'd say he single-handedly carry Uruguay to the knockout stage.

Steven Seagull

Ffs. I really don't care. He's a disgusting specimen.

The initial comment I made in this thread was a compliment if anything. There are some footballing teams with a reputation going back years. It means nobody wants to play them because they're tough bastards. Uruguay and Italy are probably the pinnacle of that. I wish England had just an ounce of it.

And don't call me a cnut again. It's very nasty.

Berginyon

Great. I'm in a tough spot now. I love Uruguay but I accidentally put money on Italy and it's not refundable. So......................

23rd

Love him or hate him but you gotta really admire him as a footballer. Such a great character of mental strength and determination. I'd say he is as important to Uruguay as Ronaldo is important to Portugal. If he scores against Italy and beat the Italians, I'd say he single-handedly carry Uruguay to the knockout stage.
Suarez did single handedly take Uruguay to their last semifinals in Africa, didnt you remember that?:lol:

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Suarez did single handedly take Uruguay to their last semifinals in Africa, didnt you remember that?:lol:
Totally forgot about that, iirc, it was a handball right? Good luck to gooDevil and all our italian posters tonight, as a fellow European, it's always good to see one more European nation in the knock-out round. It will not be nice to see two Europeans losing out to the North/South Americans.

23rd

Totally forgot about that, iirc, it was a handball right? Good luck to gooDevil and all our italian posters tonight, as a fellow European, it's always good to see one more European nation in the knock-out round. It will not be nice to see two Europeans losing out to the North/South Americans.
Yes, it was a straight red..and Uruguay go through with winning the penalty

:lol:

I realized, that in that moment, you will do everything for your country glory, even if its an embarassing moments

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I don't know which team I hate more. Just hoping for drama.

Cereal Killer

Italy to line up a la Juventus.
Buffon
Darmian Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini De Sciglio
Verratti Pirlo Marchisio
Immobile Balotelli
If this happens, they'll win it. They'll probably win it anyway.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Buffon
Verratti Pirlo Marchisio
Immobile Balotelli
Is this their confirmed starting 11? Very strong line-up.

antohan

Buffon
Verratti Pirlo Marchisio
Immobile Balotelli
feck me sideways, we're screwed.

Just hedged my bets here. If we go through I travel to Rio. If we don't, I stay here a few more days with a stunning Spanish girl.

Can't lose :D

Cereal Killer

feck me sideways, we're screwed.

Just hedged my bets here. If we go through I travel to Rio. If we don't, I stay here a few more days with a stunning Spanish girl.

Can't lose :D
Sounds like you're in for a treat either way.

I'd take the knockouts over any girl though. Plus the prospect of going through and travelling to Rio, the ladies over there shouldn't be too bad ;).

Eriksen

Erm...

a) they aren't through yet. They need to beat Italy to go through, the celebrations are totally premature
b) no, we wouldn't. If we had won the Uruguay game it would be considered a decent result, not the best thing in the world.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Hope Uruguay stuff them after a) Balotelli's shush gesture after the England game and b) the utterly abject performance when we needed them to do us a favour.
Italy aren't at the World Cup to do England a favour. Having said that, I'd prefer Uruguay to go through.

Eriksen

Italy aren't at the World Cup to do England a favour. Having said that, I'd prefer Uruguay to go through.
I know that, but it still annoyed me. It didn't help that Balotelli did an irritating "shush" then 2-1 gesture after the game.

So I hope they go out.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I know that, but it still annoyed me. It didn't help that Balotelli did an irritating "shush" then 2-1 gesture after the game.

So I hope they go out.
What about Suarez's comments after they beat you guys? That was far worse than what Balotelli did in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.