Day 13: Italy vs. Uruguay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Balotelli needs to write Suarez a thank you letter. With all the focus on the incident there is not a lot of talk about how poor he was.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Balotelli needs to write Suarez a thank you letter. With all the focus on the incident there is not a lot of talk about how poor he was.
The stadium spectacle (you can see movement/actions when the ball/camera is elsewhere) was even worse. It really was unbelievable, not even 1/100th arsed, quite clearly a player wanting to go back home and not giving two shits. Not surprised Prandelli has resigned, it's completely pointless for everyone involved if players will be so disrespectful and inconsiderate towards their country and teammates. I was sorry for the Italians. Pissed off the ref didn't put him out of his misery with a second yellow for that handball, but sorry for the Italian fans.

The fans today were absolutely amazing as well, and the Brazilians, the whole of Natal was rooting for us while politely reminding us it will stop if we make the quarters :lol:

The banter with all sorts of fans is so completely different from the content on here, it's incredible. It really is a non-stop party.

23rd

So wrong on many levels..

Balotelli are really2 invisible..so does Immobile..

Harsh red card for Marchisio (for me) as the player stand up very fast

Pirlo - Veratti, are really2 promising..too bad Pirlo wouln`t play in the next World Cup

Suarez is a c**t, again, biting someone...

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Prandelli's resigned. Pirlo's definitely not hum and hawed over his future. See the differences between Italy and England.

tomac

and so how exactly does that have anything to do with assault leading to Actual Bodily Harm which is a prosecutable offence under the Section 47 of the Offences Against the Person Act.

I know this is in Brazil, and UK law obviously doesn't apply here, but please for the love of god, tell me how your original post is anything other than moronic.

Because its a foul in a football match not assault. Wouldnt we have to charge every player thats ever injured another player with assault? what kind of moronic logic is that.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Holy shit, this gamne is such a scandal. The ref was horrible, Italy had to play with 9 men vs 11 for no reason. Marchisio never a red and Chiellini..... he was not a man anymore, he was bitten..

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The biggest disgrace on the pitch was Mario IMO, a player clearly wanting an early exit to go on hols. That to me is shameful and if I were Italian I would be livid.
With no Italian attacker catching fire, he really needed to show something. But he was gash against Costa Rica and Uruguay and wasn't able to rely on Di Natale and Cassano bailing him out like 2012.

antohan

Holy shit, this gamne is such a scandal. The ref was horrible, Italy had to play with 9 men vs 11 for no reason. Marchisio never a red and Chiellini..... he was not a man anymore, he was bitten..
Please tell me you are just a WUM... no, I see you are a full member. Christ.

antohan

Spot the classy one making a useful insight into it all:

Giorgio Chiellini, who said he had been bitten, accused the official of bias for his failure to punish the Uruguayan.

“Now people will talk of elimination, of failure, but the match was dictated by the referee,” he said. “There was an incredible disparity of judgment.

“The referee should have whistled and shown a red, because he was also simulating. He touched his teeth afterwards? Of course...we are not happy, we were the only ones who deserved to go through.”

Prandelli said the referee had ‘ruined the game’.

“It’s ridiculous to be down to 10 men in a game like this. There weren’t any bad fouls or anything that merited a sending- off,” he said. “You can’t affect a game like that.”

Italy were sent packing after defender Diego Godin scored a dramatic winner nine minutes from time to put Uruguay into the last 16.

Despite the controversy, Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, the man of the match, said Italy must also shoulder the blame for their early departure.

“I could have done without winning man of the match because for me as a player and for the team it is a very sad day,” Buffon told reporters.

“It is a day of failure of the level of football we have played. This is something that saddens us a great deal and forces us to reflect a great deal and examine our conscience.”

RedFish

Because its a foul in a football match not assault. Wouldnt we have to charge every player thats ever injured another player with assault? what kind of moronic logic is that.
Hi Tomac. Differing opinions:) See what you think of this excerpt from an article in the Guardian.
Full article here: http://www.theguardian.com/football...luis-suarez-bite-giorgio-chiellini-street-law

'But why should anybody's punishment be measured in football matches? Biting somebody – let alone biting three people – is not just against the laws of football, it is against the law. The police and CPS seem happy to leave most of the violence on football pitches to the game's own legal system, but had Suárez jogged over to Giorgio Chiellini and bitten him in the street – and let's assume this is an English street – would that not be assault?

"Absolutely," says Hannah Evans, a criminal barrister at 23 Essex Street. "And if it was captured on TV you've got some nice evidence right there." Under English law, Evans explains, a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm could be brought if the alleged bite did damage, such as breaking the skin, causing bleeding or leaving a mark, but a charge of common assault, to be heard without a jury in a magistrate's court, would be more likely.

Assuming a prosecution for common assault then, what kind of sentence would Suárez expect if he were convicted in England? "You're not looking at anything particularly high. If he hasn't got any form for it, not more than a community order, I would imagine. Unpaid work, perhaps between 180 and 240 hours. Since it was such a public offence a court might want to send a warning. An anger-management programme could be an option."

But of course Suárez does have form. So what would happen if he had two previous convictions for biting? "With assault you are still very rarely looking at custody, but if the offences are very similar and he clearly isn't learning from his experience in the courts, they could well think that it does cross the custody threshold. And they could suspend any custodial sentence. You'd be looking at a short one, though. A matter of weeks." On reflection, Suárez might feel that 24 matches would be worse.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
@antohan

how are you doing? still in Brazil?

ps. told you long time ago, that Uruguay was going through no matter how :cool:. Wasn't expecting Costa Rica to be the other one though. Its a shame Colombia is next.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Thought Uruguay had all the luck on the day with ref decisions and the goal was very lucky as well. Didn't think they deserved to win that game if i'm being honest.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Aye, I don't think they deserved to win it either - and without the sending off I don't think they had a chance to. They were awful in the first half and made no real attempt to push up and engage the Italian midfield, who had an easy time because of it. Seeing as they needed a goal it was pretty poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.