Day 13: Italy vs. Uruguay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Uruguay aren't going to do what they did at the last World Cup and cheat and dive right through to the latter stages are they?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Congrats mate.
Cheers mate. We completely missed the Suarez thing at the stadium. No replays of fouls on the screens at all. Still haven't seen it (3g is fecking horrendous here) but if he did bite him he is a fecking idiot. The team, the fans, everyonbe deserves better than him risking a ban or something.

Delighted with the Godin and Gimenez partnership, fecking wall as I told you and @Aldo. If only we hadn't started Lugano against Costa Rica...

Chuffed to bits for the lads and the fans who packed almost 2/3 of the stadium. Probably the first game "Sou brasileiro" got zero traction :drool: I won't let Suarez marr what was a pretty damned well deserved result against a team that came to get a draw and waste time all game. Well deserved outcome.

Moby

Dick
Cheers mate. We completely missed the Suarez thing at the stadium. No replays of fouls on the screens at all. Still haven't seen it (3g is fecking horrendous here) but if he did bite him he is a fecking idiot. The team, the fans, everyonbe deserves better than him risking a ban or something.

Delighted with the Godin and Gimenez partnership, fecking wall as I told you and @Aldo. If only we hadn't started Lugano against Costa Rica...

Chuffed to bits for the lads and the fans who packed almost 2/3 of the stadium. Probably the first game "Sou brasileiro" got zero traction :drool: I won't let Suarez marr what was a pretty damned well deserved result against a team that came to get a draw and waste time all game. Well deserved outcome.
Congrats man.

Yeah was really impressed with Gimenez. Was sort of expecting a good performance after hearing about him from you and he did really well. Bit of a blessing in disguise that Lugano got injured.

antohan

Yeah but some of the posters will tell you it's photoshoped!
As I said, I haven't seen footage of the incident yet, but Chiellini's shoulder proves nothing, he might as well have asked Mario to have a bite. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy either, ehem. :lol:

antohan

this photo is great, he bit so hard his teeth hurt him.

But who knows maybe this is photoshoped too.
Again, haven't sen it, but this looks to me like Chiellini may have tried to take advantage of Suarez'reputation and effectively hit him with his shoulder.

May be completely wrong, but it would be such a clever Italian thing to do when trying to timewaste and undermine your opponent.

Why would Suarez so openly check his teeth?

antohan

Liverpool fans:

"It was not a bite. He tried to head butt Chiellini, Chiellini pulled away and Suarez's mouth hit Chiellini's shoulder and the shoulder seemingly made contact with Suarez's teeth which is why Suarez was feeling them after the incident. Purposeful head butt yes, the rest was accidental."

So the case for the defence is that all he was trying to do was headbutt him and quite by accident those pesky teeth found their way in to his shoulder. Seems legit.
Nah, I don't buy that :lol:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Again, haven't sen it, but this looks to me like Chiellini may have tried to take advantage of Suarez'reputation and effectively hit him with his shoulder.

May be completely wrong, but it would be such a clever Italian thing to do when trying to timewaste and undermine your opponent.

Ah yes, those crafty Italians

antohan

Seen the gifs, forget what I said. fecking hell... why? Immaterial as far as the game and injury is concerned, but why the feck open it all up again? Is he trying to summarise his career in a single WC? He even pushed his hand out at an Italian clearance today but it was too high for him...

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Don't think Uruguay deserved to win that at all, they were pretty piss poor against a weak Italian side not at their best and down to 10 men.

Not sure how Italy came to waste time either.. the whole of the first half was Italy on top of the game, knocking the ball around with Uruguay unwilling to put any real pressure on the midfield, despite needing a goal. It was easy stuff for Italy before the sending off, and even then there was no real sustained pressure.

Mali_Zeus

:lol: That is just brilliant. :lol:

Mali_Zeus

As I said, I haven't seen footage of the incident yet, but Chiellini's shoulder proves nothing, he might as well have asked Mario to have a bite. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy either, ehem. :lol:
Footage is all over the internet, but you havent seen it yet..

ea385

Seen the gifs, forget what I said. fecking hell... why? Immaterial as far as the game and injury is concerned, but why the feck open it all up again? Is he trying to summarise his career in a single WC? He even pushed his hand out at an Italian clearance today but it was too high for him...
The guy has a screw loose. There is no "reason" behind it. An exceptional, driven player who is also nuts.

AlwaysRedwood

You are completely wrong. Suarez head goes DOWN in a biting motion. Absolutely not question, he bit him.

AlwaysRedwood

My wife is a Dr of Psychology. After last incident she read about him as a kid and said this: He was a star from a young age, removed from his family and raised by football people. He did not received the affection and love a normal child would, just adulation. He was allowed to get away with whatever he wanted - so he stopped maturing as a person at a very young age. He's got the maturity level of a small child, so this stuff is instinctive in him. Obviously, it doesn't happen with everyone in that situation but he was the kind of kid who needed someone to tell him "no" once a year or so.

Mali_Zeus

I see you're from Uruguay, what is the mood there right now and about him in general, more precisely his antics?

antohan

Footage is all over the internet, but you havent seen it yet..
You are clearly not on a phone using brazilian 3g. I still havent been able to watch mockneys second video and the darned thing crashes in the babes thread :(

antohan

I see you're from Uruguay, what is the mood there right now and about him in general, more precisely his antics?
I'm in Natal and most fans haven't seen jack. I'd say most are focused on what a fantastic game Godin, Gimenez and Caceres (who switched from rcb to rb, then lcb, then lwb and then lb after the red), largely unnoticed if you don't have the birds eye view) had.

Most Italians look quite accepting they have been beaten at their own game, some moan about Suarez, Brazilians love him because they hate Fred and Uruguayans are concerned what repercusion this might have on our chances and would agree it was unnecessary but grudgingly accept it's part of the package. The widespread reaction to reports after the game was "oh ffs!".

Mali_Zeus

I'm in Natal and most fans haven't seen jack. I'd say most are focused on what a fantastic game Godin, Gimenez and Caceres (who switched from rcb to rb, then lcb, then lb, largely unnoticed if you don't have the birds eye view) had.

Most Italians look quite accepting they have been beaten at their own game, some moan about Suarez, Brazilians love him because they hate Fred and Uruguayans are concerned what repercusion this might have on our chances and would agree it was unnecessary but grudgingly accept it's part of the package. The widespread reaction to reports after the game was "oh ffs!".
You're probably be without him vs Colombia and problem is Tabarez and players are defending him. They'll probably say the same even after seeing all the footage...

antohan

You're probably be without him vs Colombia and problem is Tabarez and players are defending him. They'll probably say the same even after seeing all the footage...
Tabarez isn't particularly blinkered so I doubt he will condone it. He will however complain about the widespread uproar as he did with the handball. He is very old school and not pleased with media influences and selective focus on negative stuff. I'd agree, it's not like that was a key game changer but its all anyone cares about these days.

The biggest disgrace on the pitch was Mario IMO, a player clearly wanting an early exit to go on hols. That to me is shameful and if I were Italian I would be livid.

Mali_Zeus

Tabarez isn't particularly blinkered so I doubt he will condone it. He will however complain about the widespread uproar as he did with the handball. He is very old school and not pleased with media influences and selective focus on negative stuff. I'd agree, it's not like that was a key game changer but its all anyone cares about these days.

The biggest disgrace on the pitch was Mario IMO, a player clearly wanting an early exit to go on hols. That to me is shameful and if I were Italian I would be livid.
It isnt the case if it was a game changer. Its about a player biting another player which is crazy and atrocious. You cant expect media and people in general just forgetting it and putting it aside..
Its just stupid and insane from him and thus will end his WC...

antohan

Seriously, I do think the above is something to mull over. Not a single person at the stadium left it thinking that was anything but a minor incident/sideshow and that the highlights of the game were the constant tactical manoeuvres to cancel each other out, an outstandingly composed Buffon, some excellent play from a defence thay was all over the shop two weeks ago, and the usual tale of playing for a draw and timewasting biting the culprits in the arse.

It was actually an interesting if protracted game of football.

Last edited:

antohan

It isnt the case if it was a game changer. Its about a player biting another player which is crazy and atrocious. You cant expect media and people in general just forgetting it and putting it aside..
Its just stupid and insane from him and thus will end his WC...
No disagreement on any of that, but it is sad to see how football reporting and discussing largely revolves around tabloid/indignation stuff and not the actual football.

I can see why, it's sad though. I've watched almost ten WC and it didnt use to be like this, not even with the Hand of God. Most of the world applauded the other goal and just shrugged off the handball (bar England, understandably).

Mali_Zeus

No disagreement on any of that, but it is sad to see how football reporting and discussing largely revolves around tabloid/indignation stuff and not the actual football.

I can see why, it's sad though. I've watched almost ten WC and it didnt use to be like this, not even with the Hand of God. Most of the world applauded the other goal and just shrugged off the handball (bar England, understandably).
Well if crazy stuff like that wouldnt happen everybody would just discuss football..That handball isnt just shrugged off, its talked about even now and will be talked about in the future. :)

Nucks

RT History Department

I remember hearing about a rape case once. Where the man said that he was innocently walking through the park naked with a full on erection and some crafty woman brazenly vaulted onto his penis and then claimed rape.

antohan

Well if crazy stuff like that wouldnt happen everybody would just discuss football..That handball isnt just shrugged off, its talked about even now and will be talked about in the future. :)
Point is, it is even more talked about these days and seems massively relevant to judging Maradona the player. At the time few people gave much of a damn about it, even when he was confirmed a coke head it was more sadness than anything else from footbal fans the world over who just thanked their lucky stars they had been able to see such a phenomenal player in action.

I prefer the way it used to be, frankly. Not condoning Suarez, he is an idiot for doing that, but I would think the same if he were playing for any other side.

antohan

I remember hearing about a rape case once. Where the man said that he was innocently walking through the park naked with a full on erection and some crafty woman brazenly vaulted onto his penis and then claimed rape.
Read up mate ;) And don't ignore the initial caveat/disclaimer, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.