Day 13: Slovakia vs Spain | Sweden vs Poland | Portugal vs France | Germany vs Hungary

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Didn't Zidane score a cracker of a free kick too?
Think so. Vaguely remember some nonsense build up about Zidane and Beckham being the captains but also teammates at Madrid, and that apparently being a major factor in the game.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Biscuit back.

They should stuff Slovakia of course, but that lineup looks capable of producing even slower, even more ponderous shit than they managed in the first two games.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Please destroy them Spain / Slovakia!

You can fill out who the destroyer and destroyee are yourself.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not convinced Poland can do something more than the draw vs Swedes. Too much dependant on Lewy's rare moments.
Given Sweden's (lack of) quality, if Lewandowski really is the best player in the world he should be enough

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Luis Enrique saw the criticism of Southgate's bizarre selections and went "hold my beer"

V.O.

Luis Enrique saw the criticism of Southgate's bizarre selections and went "hold my beer"
Is he actually just shoving Moreno out on the wing, or could it be an Atletico type 4-4-2?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Given Sweden's (lack of) quality, if Lewandowski really is the best player in the world he should be enough
Chances are Lewy will be waving his hands in disapproval for majority of the match of his teammates being clueless. Sweden is not the strongest in individual aspect, but they're well organised enough to stop the opponent from dominating.

Sousa needs to kick his players in the arse, or it will be just another typical Poland's performance on a big tournament.

Houdini

I think that Government of Hungary's stance on U18s banning the sharing of material promoting homosexuality and gender change originates from an earlier incident: a far-right politician shred one of the copies of a recently-pusblished children's book which contains well-known tales reframed in a way in which the hero(es) belong(s) to a stigmatized or minority group. For example, Cinderella is a lesbian in this book. This incident was widely discussed, because one of the most well-known Hungarian pyschologist said that this type of tales can influence the children's orientation at the early childhood. Surprisingly, the Government of Hungary was very quiet in this topic at that time... but now we can see why. This incident didn't escape their attention and they prepared for an extreme action.

Hungary is quite schizophrenic, I would say. There are lot of companies where the employees can be themselves, there are places which are exclusively for LGBTQ+ people, there are famous celebrities who are part of the LGBTQ+ community and you can see people holding each other's hand in the street. On the other hand, the Government bans the sharing of material promoting homosexuality and gender change and some of the fans chanting homophobic slogans.

The situation is the same with antisemitism. We have one of the largest active synagogue in Europe which located in the heart of the city and lot of smaller synagogues and prayer rooms, a Jewish Quarter with traditional kosher restaurant, shops and traditional Orthodox Jews walking on the streets and no one lifts an eyelid.

From my perspective, one of the main culprits is the media and it is going to be even worse in the future as you can see how racism is raising on social media platforms. However, I already went too far from the original topic. I just wanted to add a little context to the banning of the materials which are promoting homosexuality and gender change.
That law can be easily abused. I would say that large cities like Budapest are very different from the rest of the country where most of the xenophobic and homophobic people live. Hungary is a beautiful counry with the shittest government in Europe, willing to do anything and use the fear and hate to remain at power. They are full of propaganda and BSing people via media. It reminds me of 1930s Germany. It would be nice to let Germans teach them a lesson.

Raredaredevil

If Sweden draws and Spain win by a goal, they both have the same goal difference so who will win the group?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What's this Sarabia obsession all of a sudden? Enrique barely calls him up in two years and now keeps using him even though he dosen't play much for PSG.

Very odd, reminds me of Capello making some odd calls in lead up to 2010 world cup after having settled line up for 18 months.

PoTMS

Has Thiago been dropped for Spain? He's been on the bench last three games. Who will do all the finger pointing?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Get in Sweden. Now it's tine for Spain to pull its head from its arse.

PoTMS

If Sweden win, Spain will play either Belgium (if they finish third) or Croatia (if they finish second) in the round of 16.

V.O.

Slovakia's coach looks like a Soviet spy masquerading as Phil Neville.

FerociousCorgis

this would be a ridic pen to give in the spain game. Might as well just start throwing feet in front of players clearing the ball

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The way its shaping up, you'll have England and one of portugal/france/Germany then Netherlands and after them, a bunch of 2nd tier nations. Spain, 2 of Germany/France/Portugal, Italy and Belgium all on the other side somehow.

England on the easier side of the draw again, with just a tough first game but if they get past that, should make the final.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Sweden is not a bad team, they are just an eye sore to watch.

I want to see how Sweden reacts if the rival team scores first, they always seem to take the lead first, which makes things easier for them.