Day 14: Netherlands vs USA | Argentina vs Australia (Last 16 1&2)

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Murica, feck yeah. Don't mind them beating the Dutch.

the_cliff

Out of all the ro16 fixtures can see upsets in the US - Netherlands and Morocco - Spain games.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Stupid caf clearly not supporting us today.

I'll fight all of you at the same time.

DutchRed7

I want to beat them so bad. I have seen so many deluded and arrogant Americans who think they are going to go all the way.
And it's called Football!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I want to beat them so bad. I have seen so many deluded and arrogant Americans who think they are going to go all the way.
Then those are not “fans” but people who watch soccer once every 4 (or 8) years. I have not met or talked to a single engaged fan who has said or thinks that.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Then those are not “fans” but people who watch soccer once every 4 (or 8) years. I have not met or talked to a single engaged fan who has said or thinks that.
Nonsense, you're all the same, you Freedom fries, deep dish pizza eating yank cnuts! I got nothing

Oranges038

I think the US can win, Australia not so much.

US to win 1-0
Argentina to win 2-0

RoyH1

Argentina seems a clear favorite against Aus. Hard to imagine any upset there.

I can see the USA beating Netherlands. They play so slow and ponderous.
I don't know. The Aussies are very fit and love being an underdog. If they manage to score first they will make it hard for Argentina.

DutchRed7

You said soccer, you are one of them! One of them! One of them!

Edit: I have had a Chicago-style deep dish pizza, it's so good!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Deep dish is a caserole, not pizza you Dutch bastard. I also got nothing
It looks amazing honestly.

In all seriousness, I'd say we're slight favourites, but no more than 60-40. On paper we have more quality, but unlike us you look like a team and work extremely hard. I'd blindly support you in this match if I were a neutral. But I'm not, so feck yous.

Idxomer

If the games against Wales and Iran are any indication, the US will need to score in the 1st half to have any chance.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You said soccer, you are one of them! One of them! One of them!

Edit: I have had a Chicago-style deep dish pizza, it's so good!
Soccer and football are both valid terms, and I would hope a country that has/had 245 different names for itself would appreciate this :D. Also, deep dish is great, but calling something that requires a knife, fork, and Lipitor to eat is not pizza.

It looks amazing honestly.

In all seriousness, I'd say we're slight favourites, but no more than 60-40. On paper we have more quality, but unlike us you look like a team and work extremely hard. I'd blindly support you in this match if I were a neutral. But I'm not, so feck yous.
This is also how I see it. My brain says 1-0 to you guys, but my deep dish casserole clogged heart says 1-0 for us (US?).

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I think Depay and Gakpo are gonna be the difference this match. Can see a boring 1-1 draw in regulation and the US legs tire out in extra-time. But come on Yanks!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think Depay and Gakpo are gonna be the difference this match. Can see a boring 1-1 draw in regulation and the US legs tire out in extra-time. But come on Yanks!
Depay has been absolutely rubbish so far. Gakpo will obviously open the score, as he does.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Stupid caf clearly not supporting us today.

I'll fight all of you at the same time.
I am. I actually had Netherlands to win the tournament at the start of the World Cup as an outsider. Don’t think it will happen though. My favourites are France/Brazil

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
That's who he is then turns it up every now and then.
He is usually very good against poor opposition, but even against Qatar he was terrible. He needs confidence and form, but has neither.

I've never been less confident going in to a game were we are supposedly the favourite. Bleh.

Ted Lasso

Soccer and football are both valid terms, and I would hope a country that has/had 245 different names for itself would appreciate this :D. Also, deep dish is great, but calling something that requires a knife, fork, and Lipitor to eat is not pizza.

This is also how I see it. My brain says 1-0 to you guys, but my deep dish casserole clogged heart says 1-0 for us (US?).
Bahahahah

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
This can't be from people who follow the sport.

We have a chance to win against the Netherlands but whoever wins will get crushed by Argentina.

Of all the Ro16 matches I do think USA has best chance for an upset.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It's called Association Football and for a good chunk of the previous century even the English called it soccer.

Nevertheless, go The Netherlands.