g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 15: France vs Poland | England vs Senegal (Last 16 3&4)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a fantastic player who never really got a chance. People are letting their club's affiliations cloud their judgment.
People think he's a different player than what he is. On the left is his best position playing as a classic wide player, or a wide forward down the left. He's never been very good as an inverted wide player, he's never really played as a 10... It's LW or false 9 in a Pep system. So LW for Southgate, along with everyone other than Saka

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Good. We want you very hyped. The takedown and the tears will taste even better :devil:

DevilRed

Got to say that Kane has played really well today.

Every goal has him invovled with either the key pass or the shot.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Kane is putting in a ridiculous performance. Unreal game from him today.

SamVimes

France will beat England. If somehow they don't then Spain will beat England.
Probably. But for me France are the best team, with Mbappe on form. You beat them then anything is possible. Plus I don't think Spain are all that.

Trophy Room

Just praised Southgate for playing Foden but apparently sterling is out for personal reasons. Don't know how much credit he should get then
I know this may sound crazy but at 27 Sterling is past his prime. Foden, Rashford and Saka are clearly ahead of him.

RepardReece

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching England fail in tournament since 1986 which is about as far back as my memory goes

Southgate has me the most worried that they might finally win something. And yet all the English thinks he is rubbish

He is comfortably your best manager
He's a meh manager. I can give him credit to the fact he beats all the teams we should beat but so far he's failed to beat the first good team we've faced in the major competitions.

Hopefully that changes next Saturday against France.

mu4c_20le

Hard to feel bad for Henderson for some reason. He just has one of those faces.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Probably. But for me France are the best team, with Mbappe on form. You beat them then anything is possible. Plus I don't think Spain are all that.
If it's any comfort, England were terrible for 30 minutes tonight. Spain would annihilate that team

marktan

One of the few criticisms I'd have of Southgate is he doesn't rest Kane as much as he should. Really need him rested for France and this game is done.

Tbh resting Rice and Shaw would be good too, they've covered a lot of miles in this tournament.

Irwin99

England will demolish France :nervous:
I wonder how the game would pan out if the French score first. This England team explode into life and exploit space really well; just wonder if a team went one up against them and picked them off on the counter what kind of response we'd see.

Timdbro

Why take off two of the most rested players, and leave Kane, Bellingham, Rice, Walker, …

SamVimes

Luke Shaw has played well. Some of his touches and passing has been really good. Not been caught out like Walker has a few times.