Day 17: Morocco vs Spain | Portugal vs Switzerland (Last 16 7&8)

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The term 'good' is pretty subjective. The problem is that their CBs aren't solid enough and they don't have attackers of real quality. Morata and Torres form 2/3rds of it and neither are very good.
I'm talking purely from the entertaining side of watching football. I usually pass on Spanish matches. Of course this is just a matter of taste. All the excessive passing bores me to death.

RedDevilRoshi

Despite all that possession by Spain, Morocco look the better team when they have the possession.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I think the perception on Spain's football would be different if their opponents played the way South Korea did v Brazil, for example.

oneway

Moroccan fans are brilliant helping to create a fantastic atmosphere

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Phil Jones-esque tackle from Gavi :drool:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
What is Portugese media and public opinion about interview and all that what followed. And his performances for us and you?
There, little something to do, so you can stop being nervous before the game, at least for few minutes.
They don't care about United issues.

Regarding the issue with Santos, almost everyone is on Santos side, which is some doing since he's universally hated in Portugal even with the Euro win.

There was also a poll in a big portuguese media and vast majority of portuguese wanted him Benched.

Again I'm a big Ronaldo fan, thank him for everything he gave us but I can't condone this behaviour.

marktan

Any of Morocco's midfield 3 good passers? A couple of chances to break between the lines already but the ball was played back.

Morocco have talent in pretty much every other position.

Sylar

That was some lovely skill. Morocco players showing some nice moves with the ball.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Spanish players are very small? Boufal looks like a unit next to them and he is not big.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Boufal has started brightly, as have Amrabat, Ziyech and Hakimi. Llorente is getting absolutely rinsed out there. Mazraoui very bad, it's showing that he is playing on the wrong flank.

Laporte very good. Gavi a true little bastard. Getting stuck in and incredibly nasty for such a small player. Bright prospect.

First goal may decide this because the other team will be forced to open up.

Sylar

Ooof. Spain :lol:

Lucky it was offside but Bono is playing like hes high.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Don't think so. Spain experience will end up prevailing. Would obviously prefer Marocco to pass.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Lucky it was offside

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
They don't care about United issues.

Regarding the issue with Santos, almost everyone is on Santos side, which is some doing since he's universally hated in Portugal even with the Euro win.

There was also a poll in a big portuguese media and vast majority of portuguese wanted him Benched.

Again I'm a big Ronaldo fan, thank him for everything he gave us but I can't condone this behaviour.
Thanks for the answer, did not know either of bolded parts. Thought CR37 was some sort of God in Portugal.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Marocco should stop playing from the back. They can't do it. Better Hoof it.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
  • Pedri wearing 26 when he's basically the first name on the teamsheet
  • Gavi wearing 9 as a midfielder
  • Morata wearing 7 as a centre forward
  • Simon with 23 as first choice keeper
  • Llorente having 6 as a right back
  • Alba with 18 as a left back

Spain deserve to go out for acts of squad number terrorism no matter what you think of their football.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Thanks for the answer, did not know either of bolded parts. Thought CR37 was some sort of God in Portugal.
He is but he's old. This is Portugal and not Ronaldo FC. What matters is the team interest not individual even if he is our best player ever.