Day 18: Croatia vs Brazil | Netherlands vs Argentina (QF 1&2)

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Question.. What happens if you get a 2nd yellow while on the bench ? Does the team on the pitch have to go down to 10 ?

TheLiverBird

Argie's coach has realised he can't have more than one passenger in the team. At least Messi is capable of pulling something out of his arse in attack. The likes of Di Maria and Lautaro Martinez are just lazy and useless.
Or maybe they have never been nor ever will be fit to lace Messi’s boots?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
With the type of football he plays I think Messi would probably still be good in the next world cup

The Firestarter

Imagine if its Argie - Eng final. The British media will go bonkers, probably send a team to the Falklands too

Ramos

Messi's the GOAT but honestly the best teams are in the other side of the draw.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This Spanish Mike Dean always wants to be center of attention.
I bet he doesn't even know what is happening on the field, now the benches it's a different story.

Goldfiessli

Supports
FC Basel
Blind and Acuña seem to be having a second competition on who can play worse as a wingback

SRB87

Supports
ACU
It makes Messi the better passer, not the better player. He may well have been, but there's nothing factual about it
i mean, passing is a skill set no? It’s a factor some take into consideration when comparing the two. I’ve always preferred Messi but I do understand both sides of the argument.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Not at all, just bemused how a team playing that way are boring, as that's part of football.
Seems strange to me that people would find a team who are all the aforementioned things boring.
Yeah, that's what I am saying. You're incapable of understanding the fact that different people can see things in a different way.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
With the type of football he plays I think Messi would probably still be good in the next world cup
Didn’t he more or less confirm already that this is his last one?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Shit match, shit tactics, shit ref. Come on Louis, show us your golden cock.

Sylar

Vvd drop off has been quite something to watch too.

No team has turned around a knockout game after going behind
Croatia took it to penalties which was the best scenario so far

eire-red

Argentina are like the international version of Atletico Madrid. I just hate their antics.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Didn’t he more or less confirm already that this is his last one?
Yes that's why I wrote that. Even with 39 I think he could pull a genius move from nothing

Dazzmondo

Well, it’s not that hard to be better than current Ronaldo. Specially being younger than him.

Messi’s absolute best was better than Ronaldo’s absolute best, but CR7 was better than Messi for many seasons. Now is not even a question, Cristiano is finished, while Messi still delivers the goods.
In terms of goals maybe. Personally, I haven't thought Ronaldo was better than Messi since 2008. Messi's close control has always been far superior and might actually be the best of any player ever, and he's always been better at bringing other players into the game than Ronaldo. With this Messi vs Ronaldo debate, I think people just decided whichever one scores more goals that season is the best, which I've always found a pretty dumb measure tbh. Maradona certainly wouldn't ever have been considered the best of all time if it was all down to goalscoring. Ronaldo has been an incredible player who obviously had much more than just goals, but if you were asking which I'd want in my team I would always choose Messi, since he can offer much more from a team perspective while also offering that same individual brilliance that Ronaldo had (I also love dribblers personally).

How each person rates them will probably come down to what they're looking for in their GOAT, but I don't think you can just suggest that CR7 was better than Messi like it's an indisputable fact.

Anduin

The Netherlands have been extraordinarily crap so far. Bang average. Argentina don’t even need to be good to control this game… only Lahoz and Acuna can feck this up for them hehe