Day 18: Croatia vs Brazil | Netherlands vs Argentina (QF 1&2)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Match 58
Friday 09 December, 15.00 GMT @ Education City Stadium
Quarter Finals

Match 57
Friday 09 December, 19.00 GMT @ Lusail Stadium
Quarter Finals​

Revan

Assumptionman
Brazil massive favorites against Croatia, the other one is 50-50 for me.

Chairman Steve

I’m sad that we have to wait until Friday for these two games which are as good as it gets on paper for just general football hype. I fancy Brazil to see off the aging Croatia and Holland to pip Argentina.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yup, this. My gut is telling me that Netherlands will squeeze through as Argentina have pretty much panicked in every single game they've played, and they haven't even played anyone remotely decent :lol:
Brazil will probably win 2-0 or something. Not South Korea easy, but also don't think Croatia have it in them to threaten Brazils goal.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Brazil - Netherlands

Kopral Jono

Has a strong 1998 World Cup vibe to it, this. The prospect of a great matchday looms large.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Match 58
Friday 09 December, 15.00 GMT @ Education City Stadium
Quarter Finals

Match 57
Friday 09 December, 19.00 GMT @ Lusail Stadium
Quarter Finals​
Why is the early game match 58 and the late game match 57?

Can we get someone else to start the threads

eire-red

Hopefully we get to see Brazil and Argentina in a SF just for the pure footballing spectacle it would be.

I have a real soft spot for Croatia, I really admire their resilience and courage as a relatively small nation to always go out and play their way. But Brazil looks a bridge too far.

For the Dutch, the task is simple: Nullify Messi's influence and they have a real chance.

Irwin99

I'll be sad to see either Netherlands or Argentina out as I like both and it's (probably) the last tournaments for LVG and Messi.

If the Dutch contain Messi they'll win, good luck with that though.

BorisManUtd

6 of 8 teams left in the competition have United player/s in their squad. I'm loving it but also don't want them coming knackered back, particularly Shaw, Casemiro and Bruno as they're vital to their national teams but to United as well.

jesperjaap

I feel the other way, I think Argentina get through comfortably against Netherlands, they are growing into the tournament, though weak in certain areas, I think they have far more than Holland.

I think Brazil go through as well, but though the results havent been perfect, I have been quite impressed with Croatia, the older players have still got it, Kovacic has been one of the very few positives at CHelsea this season an dis really peakign in this tournament and Gvardiol really is a special defender too, they are passing the ball really well. Still think Brazil go through but I think that will be the tighter game personally, I dont rate Holland whatsoever

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Brazil will see off Croatia comfortably overall. Netherlands Argentina is much harder to call. I think the Dutch looked the more impressive of the two so far but maybe it's destiny for Messi?

I think Brazil Netherlands in the semifinal with Brazil making it through that.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm weirdly a bit optimistic. Argentina haven't looked as defensively solid as usual and we're very annoying to play against and hard to break down. Cheeky 1-0 win or penalties.

Brazil will smash Croatia, but not as easily as Korea.

poleglass red

Brazil to beat Croatia. The other match is more tricky, neither team has really hit its stride yet, but I'll go for the Netherlands.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Just struck me that on top of the 1998 vibes of Netherlands-Argentina (bar the difference in first team quality) that if Netherlands win and get Brazil next... that's a 98 semi.

And then it's Brazil-France all over again

Slevs

likes to play with penises
What a monumentally stupid thing to say to a Dutch player, as if he gives the slightest feck about Messi :lol:
So true :lol:

"Please can you let him win? People all over the world will be happy. Please Please"

Red Star One

Am I the only one hoping for Croatian upset? Not sure this side has it in them, but would be excellent to see them back-to-back in top4.

GinobiliTheGOAT

People really overestimating the Dutch team. Argentina has allowed the least smooth of shots this tourney, the Dutch have been very fortunate to not concede more.

argentina should have had 5 against Australia but credit to Australia they made it nervy in the end.

netherlands will park the bus but Argentina has been playing a lot of parked buses this tourney. Thinking 2-0 Argentina

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Have the feeling its gonna be a Brazil win and extra time in the Netherlands-Argentina game

Fenomeno9

Croatia is never an easy game for us. This will not be a cake walk that people are making it out to be.

Mihai

It's going to be hard for Croatia without Lukaku in defense.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Brazil will see off Croatia comfortably overall. Netherlands Argentina is much harder to call. I think the Dutch looked the more impressive of the two so far but maybe it's destiny for Messi?

I think Brazil Netherlands in the semifinal with Brazil making it through that.
I don't think such stuff exists.

What kind of question is that :lol: