Day 18: Croatia vs Brazil | Netherlands vs Argentina (QF 1&2)

SerendipityNow

Supports
Barcelona
Brazil 2-0 and the Netherlands via 1 or 2-0. They will park the bus, Argentina will eventually lose possession and Netherlands score on the counter. Spain Vs Morocco all over. Except the Dutch have better players and will score. Argentina is just bang average.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I know a lot people around the world would like to see Messi win a WC but I can't imagine anybody would really give a feck apart from Argentinians and Messi fanboys? Great answer to a really fecking stupid question.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Could give a feck less if Messi wins or doesn't win a World Cup. Lots of great players never lifted the trophy and many never got to the tournament. It's far sadder the likes of Best never even got there.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Some Dutch barca fans (why the feck would you be a Dutch Barca fan) are saying they're toen on whether they want Holland or Messi to win. They should be deported to the sun. Who gives a feck about that no personality midget twat.

Nick7

I know a lot people around the world would like to see Messi win a WC but I can't imagine anybody would really give a feck apart from Argentinians and Messi fanboys? Great answer to a really fecking stupid question.
Honestly. It would be great to see Argentina win it, mostly because I've never seen Argentina win the thing (you could add Netherlands and Portugal in here too), but I wouldn't be fecked if they were knocked out.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Unless Messi can turn back time, I think that's the end of the road for Argentina. They didn't impress me at all in this WC. Netherlands have a better manager and are overall a better unit.

2-1 Netherlands.

colombianmancunian

Brazil to comfortably beat Croatia.

The other game is open, both teams look even with a slight edge to LVGs boys, the Netherlands is a more complete team. That being said, Messi is a magician who carries his otherwise average team.

I’ll really like a Brazil vs Argentina on semis, and Argentina vs Portugal for third place.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Some Dutch barca fans (why the feck would you be a Dutch Barca fan) are saying they're toen on whether they want Holland or Messi to win. They should be deported to the sun. Who gives a feck about that no personality midget twat.
Hate 'fans' like them

Kopral Jono

I swear I heard rumblings that folks of the same ilk wanted Spain to win the 2010 final because Van Marwijk is a resurrected ancient demon whose single objective was to rip the heart of the Dutch way of playing football.

Real Name

Hopefully as most of us here in Croatia wouldn't make it to the final.

Finally home. Good night.
I've no problem with people saying they'll beat us, they're favorites, lets not kid ourselves but the amoung of posters saying it will be comfortably.. But it happens every time so I'm not surprised.

Cloud7

Am I the only one hoping for Croatian upset? Not sure this side has it in them, but would be excellent to see them back-to-back in top4.
Probably.

I can't say I have any affinity for this Croatia team. No United players in there. Not a particularly exciting brand of football. Not many non United players I really like.

Whereas Brazil has a few United players including Antony who is now my second favorite United player, and they have my favorite non United player as well (Neymar) so I am hoping Brazil smash Croatia.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Surprised to see so many say that the Dutch are favorites against Argentina. Granted Argentina hasn't looked as good as Brazil/France/Portugal/England perhaps, but neither have The Netherlands.

They will struggle to break down Argentina's defense and while they have Gakpo in the form of his life, Messi's X-factor and ability to create something out of nothing is definitely a lot better.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I swear I heard rumblings that folks of the same ilk wanted Spain to win the 2010 final because Van Marwijk is a resurrected ancient demon whose single objective was to rip the heart of the Dutch way of playing football.
:lol:

His son in law was the real evil genius that tournament.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Surprised to see so many say that the Dutch are favorites against Argentina. Granted Argentina hasn't looked as good as Brazil/France/Portugal/England perhaps, but neither have The Netherlands.

They will struggle to break down Argentina's defense and while they have Gakpo in the form of his life, Messi's X-factor and ability to create something out of nothing is definitely a lot better.
We're not going to try I think. We didnt bother trying even against the US. And even KSA can break them down on the counter.

That said it's 40-60 in favor of Argentina for me (and the bookies).

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
We're not going to try I think. We didnt bother trying even against the US. And even KSA can break them down on the counter.

That said it's 40-60 in favor of Argentina for me (and the bookies).
A one in a million freak occurence imo which we shouldn't put too much emphasis on - a few centimeters difference in the first half and it's 4-0 at HT.

Agreed on the second, I'd say 40-60 for Argentina is realistic imo.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I think Brazil, yes. The other one is trickier. Could see extra time, penalties. Reminds me of an Italian journalist in the 80’s answering a question about defensive tactics, etc. “But try and remember, Italy play for the tournament; for (England) every game is a final”. A lot has changed, but if Argentina can squeeze a goal past the Dutch, they will be hard to beat; they could even trouble Brazil.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I'm weirdly a bit optimistic. Argentina haven't looked as defensively solid as usual and we're very annoying to play against and hard to break down. Cheeky 1-0 win or penalties.

Brazil will smash Croatia, but not as easily as Korea.
Dutch media and population are so weird..

For weeks ive heard nothign else than: Qatar, Ecuador and Senegal are really solid teams, they should not be underestimated.. Then we we face the States in the next round and everyone is like: We wont win this, we are crap so far and they have such a dynamic midfield.. At least it will be very very difficult..

And now we face f*cking Argentina and all I hear is: Ahhh Argentinia arent thát good.. They are quite mediocre apart from Messi so if you only nulify him....

Madness

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Last 11 WC games for Croatia have been 5 wins, 5 draws and the loss at the 2018 final. I think they won't get past Brazil, but they are very hard to beat. It won't be a walk in the park for the canarinha.

In the same fashion, the last 11 WC games for LVG's Netherlands have been 8 wins and 3 draws. Insane. Brazil and Argentina have had a lot of losses in their last WC games each. While still favorites, they are not as much favorites as people think they are.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

There isn't much between them. I don't see the real quality in the Argentina side. Their fullbacks have no pace or dynamism. Otamendi I've always felt is going to cost them. And their midfield hopes are dependent are dependent on Enzo. De Paul is terrible. I'm not even sure who their DM - the Brighton lad?

Netherlands aren't great of course themselves but I can see why they'd fancy themselves. They have an even team and much lesser expectations /hype