Day 18: Croatia vs Brazil | Netherlands vs Argentina (QF 1&2)

Chief123

For some reason I think Netherlands win this.

I’m not sure Argentina have got enough bite to break down the Dutch even with Messi.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Dutch media and population are so weird..

For weeks ive heard nothign else than: Qatar, Ecuador and Senegal are really solid teams, they should not be underestimated.. Then we we face the States in the next round and everyone is like: We wont win this, we are crap so far and they have such a dynamic midfield.. At least it will be very very difficult..

And now we face f*cking Argentina and all I hear is: Ahhh Argentinia arent thát good.. They are quite mediocre apart from Messi so if you only nulify him....

Madness
Hahaha, yes true, but I'm also more optimistic than I was against the states strangely enough. Argentina is obviously far far better than all our previous opponents.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
There isn't much between them. I don't see the real quality in the Argentina side. Their fullbacks have no pace or dynamism. Otamendi I've always felt is going to cost them. And their midfield hopes are dependent are dependent on Enzo. De Paul is terrible. I'm not even sure who their DM - the Brighton lad?

Netherlands aren't great of course themselves but I can see why they'd fancy themselves. They have an even team and much lesser expectations /hype
I think it's more so a feeling based on past performances rather than what they both have done at this WC. Both sides didn't come up against quality opposition yet. We thought The Netherlands were very good because they beat Belgium twice in the Nations League, but we got found out at this WC as a terrible side.

Argentina had this crazy unbeaten run with the same players, beat an quality Brazil side in the Copa America final, ... They have proven it more imo, even though their midfield on paper isn't anything special indeed.

Tony247

So Brasil has his own light version of Zouma? fecking idiot.
"What is the problem, i threw her gently".
Looks like he was expert in handling cats. That's how you pick them up, especially cats you are not familiar with. And then release them on the ground. Cats comfortably land from few feets up.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I adore cats so after that yesterday i really hope that Brasil will not win it. Ffs, i will even support Diva no7 against Brasil

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Looks like he was expert in handling cats. That's how you pick them up, especially cats you are not familiar with. And then release them on the ground. Cats comfortably land from few feets up.
I have cats whole my life and i know a lot of stuff about them; THAT is not the way how you grab the cat. And especially it is not the way how you throw her (you don't throw her at all).

Tony247

I adore cats so after that yesterday i really hope that Brasil will not win it. Ffs, i will even support Diva no7 against Brasil
:lol: The way handled was not cruelty at all. In fact he even knew how and on what spot to scratch to make a friendly gesture with cats.

Tony247

I have cats whole my life and i know a lot of stuff about them; THAT is not the way how you grab the cat. And especially it is not the way how you throw her (you don't throw her at all).
If you say so. Perhaps you never been to vet. I take my cat to vet and that's how they sometimes pick up. In fact my vet taught us (not that we knew already by handling street cats). That grab is not painful to cat. That's how mother cat grab her kittens.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If you say so. Perhaps you never been to vet. I take my cat to vet and that's how they sometimes pick up. In fact my vet taught us (not that we knew already by handling street cats). That grab is not painful to cat. That's how mother cat grab her kittens.
Yeah, kittens. Not grown cats.
With grabbing older cats like that, you can damage their spine. My vet told me.
And i am not saying it is cruelty. Of course not. I am not a snowflake. But that was pretty cold from that guy. Leave her alone (it was fun situation) or drop her gently ffs.

Real Name

She was dropped gently. I've seen headlines about the guy throwing the cat. If I havent seen the video I'd though he bashed it against the wall.
He just lowered the cat and it landed on her feet like all the cats do. :D

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
She was dropped gently. I've seen headlines about the guy throwing the cat. If I havent seen the video I'd though he bashed it against the wall.
He just lowered the cat and it landed on her feet like all the cats do. :D
Yeah I expected way worse reading the reaction before seeing the video.

He picked him up kinda weird, but I expected him to yeet him out the door or something.

Tony247

And i am not saying it is cruelty. Of course not. I am not a snowflake. But that was pretty cold from that guy. Leave her alone (it was fun situation) or drop her gently ffs.
I don't know mate. I love cats and I trust my instinct. When I saw that Zouma shit my head exploded. Here I felt it was okay. Perhaps we have different sensitivity and I totally respect yours.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just saw it. Didn't like that one bit. But tbf he's their media manager not Brazil / Brazil NT.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
While a bit tone deaf, the cat story is a bit overblown? He's clearly not trying to be cruel to the cat. Think we can call off the public stoning.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
While a bit tone deaf, the cat story is a bit overblown? He's clearly not trying to be cruel to the cat. Think we can call off the public stoning.
It really is snowflaking at its most extreme. For fecks sake, cats are not made of glass, the things they are capable of pulling off amaze me to this day. And I'm not speaking of landing on their feet from height of one meter, that's really easy to them.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Am I the only one hoping for Croatian upset? Not sure this side has it in them, but would be excellent to see them back-to-back in top4.
I'm not hoping but I genuinely can't make out how strong this brazilian team is. On paper sure, but they haven't been really tested yet.

BorisManUtd

Don't think it'll be as easy for Brazil against Croatia as people suggest on here. I do think they'll go through in the end though. Hope Argentina beat Netherlands as well, they only scored 1/2 goals in all of their games so far but could've had more, while Netherlands weren't particularly impressive in group stages (didn't watch them against USA).

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
No World Cup for two days has made me think a few things

1. How do I normally get by when there's days without football?
2. My life is boring
3. For all the talk before the WC of it getting in the way of club football/coming at a shit time (which was fair and true of course)... going from the World Cup final to watching Everton vs. Wolves a week later will be a massive come down.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

2. My life is boring
3. For all the talk before the WC of it getting in the way of club football/coming at a shit time (which was fair and true of course)... going from the World Cup final to watching Everton vs. Wolves a week later will be a massive come down.
United losing will bring you back to reality

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

2. My life is boring
Always takes me a while to give a feck about club football after a WC or EC. It's so pedestrian in comparison.

Shai-Hulud

Always takes me a while to give a feck about club football after a WC or EC. It's so pedestrian in comparison.
But also, at the start of a WC/EC, some of the group games seem really pedestrian compared to a good club game.

croadyman

2. My life is boring
Yeah that first point has been my thoughts since full time in the Portugal v Switzerland game

croadyman

Would love Croatia to cause a massive upset but just can't see it happening

Golden Nugget

If it goes down to penalties I’m going to predict it’s going to be low scoring. The Dutch goalkeeper is massive and Martinez is quite good at saving penalties.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag

2. My life is boring
I really resonate, after all the consecutive days full of WC games I became a little depressed with 2 days without them. Unfortunately, the WC is coming to an end soon and I will surely miss it, no other competition comes close to it.

Real Name

I actually felt relieved cause there were no games for 2 days but that's just because I'm fekin nervous when Croatia is playing and feel sick.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think it's more of a thing this time as there's no break between the two. Usually you get a month or so after a World Cup to miss football so you're pumped when the new season does start.

Real Name

Ajmooooooooooooo :lol:

I absolutely adore Zlatko Kranjčar, he really was one of a kind, but still can't get over the fact he didn't call Modrić and Eduardo that year who both had great success with Dinamo.
He called Luka, he was subbed in against Japan I think actually.

Didnt call Dudu though, that was bad. How unlucky he was, was instrumental in 2008 qualifying after that only to get that disastrous injury before the Euros and never really got back to his best.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He called Luka, he was subbed in against Japan I think actually.

Didnt call Dudu though, that was bad. How unlucky he was, was instrumental in 2008 qualifying after that only to get that disastrous injury before the Euros and never really got back to his best.
Yeah, you're right he did call Modrić but didn't use him much, that was time when Modrić vs Kranjčar was main question in our media.

What would I give to have Dudu 2005-2008 as our main striker nowdays, he would completely transform our attack. Will never stop questioning myself what if he didn't have that horrific leg injury.

Real Name

Yeah, you're right he did call Modrić but didn't use him much, that was time when Modrić vs Kranjčar was main question in our media.

What would I give to have Dudu 2005-2008 as our main striker nowdays, he would completely transform our attack. Will never stop questioning myself what if he didn't have that horrific leg injury.
Yeah, imagine that, their careers went in complete opposing ways.

As for Dudu yeah, I think we could have gone all the way in 2008 with him in our ranks. We were penalty shootout away from semis anyway. :D
And in current team he would be a cherry on top.

Watched all his goals for Croatia the other day, he was so fekin good..

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Brazil vs Argentina semi-final will be war :drool: :drool: :drool:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
So what we saying?? Brazils a definite. That Netherlands game I think will be tight and could go all the way to pens. Think the Dutch may come out on top. Does the winners of todays games play each other in the semis?