Day 18: Croatia vs Brazil | Netherlands vs Argentina (QF 1&2)

edcunited1878

So Brozović shouldn't have got 3 yellow card after he already had one ? give me a break. Anthony hacked too. Anti-football won today not happy at all. One team tried to win and one team stole it.
Croatia tried to win it in a way that benefitted them, there's nothing wrong with that in tournament football. That was a tremendous match and neither team was anti-football.

Yes, let's go toe to toe with a team that scored 4 goals in the first half against their last opponent. Be naive, zero shape when moving forward and just defend without purpose. That'll give us the best chance to win!

Stocar

Argentina have usually played better in this nominally defensive formation.

fallengt

Yeah it is Lukalu and luck. It is normal to reach 1/2 finals of World cup by luck.
How about you try to win an actual game in 90 minutes once in awhile. 1/2???? you don't even know this is 3rd time your country reach finals and only won 1 game in 90 minutes so far
Jesus. I always support underdog teams but it's not for team with this attitude

The Purley King

If you don't mind me asking what exactly did Modric boss? Brazil had loads of shots on target which the keeper saved. Croatia did absolutely nothing going forwards. Is it just running and some pretty short passes around the half way line? Am I missing something? It was a great physical effort but bossed it? Feels like hyperbole. Bad end product and a defensive laps took the game to pens.
He was comfortably the best midfielder on the pitch. Often got past someone With a burst of pace and picked the right pass more often than not.
Put him in brazils midfield instead of paqueta and Brazil probably win

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So Brozović shouldn't have got 3 yellow card after he already had one ? give me a break. Anthony hacked too. Anti-football won today not happy at all. One team tried to win and one team stole it.
Anti football? Antony dived (tried to cheat) without getting yellow. Danilo avoided straight red card and second yellow later. Neymar avoided clean yellow after kicking Brozovic.
And first half; who was better team? Who dictated tempo?

Cloud7

Now that Brazil is gone, Licha and Argentina have my full support

Kopral Jono

This was nothing close to the capitulation of the Germany game or their general mindset in that entire tournament where, yes, they were clearly far, far too emotional. Their mentality has been fine in this tournament and it was fine in this match.Teams lose on penalties. It happens.

No one (sensible) thought these were anywhere near as good as the team of 02, but that's an unrealistic standard to aspire to, and even the most optimistic Brazilian fan has to have accepted this for years now. You're right that they're not the world beaters of the distant past, but they're absolutely better positioned than the Brazilian teams of the recent past (they started Fred, Bernard and Oscar up front at a World Cup). Compared to their competition (England, France, Spain, Argentina etc.), this current team is still pretty fecking good and I don't think losing on penalties to a decent Croatian side in a game they should've won should alter that view too much.
Good post, nothing to do with mentality. They conceded a jammy goal and lost on penalties -- play that game twenty times and Brazil would have won close to twenty. These things have happened before and will continue to happen in the future. Some folks just can't seem to accept that luck is very much part of tournament football.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Their 2006 team was great as well, a bit unbalanced but tbh they did look great until that game against France where Zidane and Viera erased Brazilian midfield...but they were favorites before the game.

Since 2010, i don't think Brazil has had an espectacular team
Yeah it was a great team, not quite as good as in 2002, but you're right. The last brazilian team that justified the hype around it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
VVD looks star struck next to Messi

stoinz

my friend just showed me a weird video a panda predicting matches. Apparently the panda got it right the last few times and this time it picked Argentina.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
How about you try to win an actual game in 90 minutes once in awhile. 1/2???? you don't even know this is 3rd time your country reach finals and only won 1 game in 90 minutes so far
I presume 1/2 means 'half' rather than 'one or two'. I think in a lot of languages the semi is called something like 'half final'.

fallengt

Messi can be a weak link. He creates chance but doesn't track back.
Still betting on LvG reaching final

Redfrog

He was saying Brazil lost it because they were slow....No. They lost it because of a tiny chance event. Ya, they weren't dominant, but Croatia had 1 shot on target in 120 minutes and it went in because of a deflection. That's luck, not the opposition being tactically bad.

Of course Croatians or people who like underdogs or hate flair will celebrate. I loved it when United and Inter beat Barca in 2008 and 2010.
It’s not luck. They took their chances and are masters at penalties. Brazil had 2 players missing pens. It’s nerves. Not good enough mentally.

(I love Croatia because it’s my blood, and France because I live their since childhood . )

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
did Keown just say Timber isn’t quick :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
:lol: :lol: You just said so many false things in one post that i will not even bother to answer. I am not sure that we talk about same country here.

Try google Croatia games on World cup first. Your ignorance is amazing

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Argentina the last non European team left?

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Croatia won against Romania and Germany in France 98, both in 90 minutes.

Then played a good game against the virtual champions.

Also Croatia was better than England in 2018, they were attacking way more and deserved the 2-1 lead.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't know who to cheer for.....

Seij

Now that Brazil is gone, Licha and Argentina have my full support
I think the Dutch are going to knock them out unfortunately. South America has not had a good time this world cup.