Day 18: Croatia vs Brazil | Netherlands vs Argentina (QF 1&2)

Kopral Jono

It’s not luck. They took their chances and are masters at penalties. Brazil had 2 players missing pens. It’s nerves. Not good enough mentally.

(I love Croatia because it’s my blood, and France because I live their since childhood . )
Erm, it's luck. Croatia are many things: mentality monsters, a tactically astute side with a world-class player in Modric (whose intelligence on the football pitch is still unparalleled) and anti-football accusations toward them are ridiculous. The penalties themselves weren't lucky, but forcing the game into it through a goal from a weak shot that got deflected in the dying minutes of extra time is the definition of luck.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Argentina doesn't have Brazil's defensive stability so perhaps the game will be more exciting

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
After 3rd place in 98.

against Denmark in ro16: a penalty shoot-out
Quarter-finals against Russia : penalty shoot-out
Semi-final against England : extra-time
Final : got destroyed by France 4-2

This year
Same shit happening again
Now learn your own history football, feck off don't ever quote me again
:lol: :lol:. So you have shit football knowledge AND shit manners.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
You can be boring but be good at what you do. You don’t have to be shit to be boring
This is true.

But playing a solid game of football isn't and shouldn't be boring to football fans.

They should be able to appreciate the tactical aspect and the positional intrigue that a tight, well fought game brings.

I get people want to see attacking free flowing football, however there's more than one way to win a game.

Kopral Jono

Argentinian fans are different.

Back in 2002 they traveled to Japan and Korea, in the middle of a huge financial crisis just to see their national team.
A common longstanding myth(?) among football fans in Indonesia where I live is that fans of South American teams start saving up for the next World Cup the moment the current tournament comes to a conclusion. There surely could be truth to this.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Argentinian fans are different.

Back in 2002 they traveled to Japan and Korea, in the middle of a huge financial crisis just to see their national team.
I personally find them fantastic. True dedication that.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Aké as LB isn't a particularly good choice. Don't they have a natural one in their selection?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Can see this one going to extra time/pens as well....

Shai-Hulud

It's rare that you see Dutch fans being completely outnumbered as supporters at a major event.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Messi almost hit a Quatari in the face there

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Acuna will struggle against Dumbfries