Day 18: Russia-Spain, Croatia-Denmark

GM K

I have been watching World Cups since 1982. This is undoubtedly the craziest of them all.

justboy68

Croatia got away with a poor performance there and live to fight another day. They'll need to do better though. Happy for Modric, felt bad for him after that pen. Croatia had the open goal so a penalty and yellow card didn't really seem like justice in that instance.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Subasic was immense. Even some hard struck penalties he got in the corner so quickly.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm going all in on Croatia. Win this stupid thing that doesn't actually count as a real WC in light of Italy not taking part in it

:D

marktan

Man I hope England don't get into a shootout. Pickford's dreadful at saving shots from afar, can't imagine how he'll be like at Penalties.

Johan Jovo

Whats up with the start / stop run up to the penalty? When I see that, I know its almost 75% miss. Where is the good old fashioned Alan Shearer penalty - run and smack into the net.. Looks like players are watching too much Neymar on Youtube.

Acole9

Outstanding
Man I hope England don't get into a shootout. Pickford's dreadful at saving shots from afar, can't imagine how he'll be like at Penalties.
Pickford will be on the floor even before the player has run up to take it.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Croatia - Uruguay in the final, you heard it here first! However, not the shiniest technically but great WC until now: great goals, tense matches, drama drama drama, enormous goalkeepers performances and new faces coming forward as big stars.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Croatia - Uruguay in the final, you heard it here first! However, not the shiniest technically but great WC until now: great goals, tense matches, drama drama drama, enormous goalkeepers performances and new faces coming forward as big stars.
I have Belgium v Croatia in my office picks.

pauldyson1uk

If France continue to play like they did against Argentina , they will be in the Final.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
So much for the mighty Croatia to win it on penalties. As usual, they showed to be mentally weak when it comes the knockout stage.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Meh.. I was just a neutral until that missed modric penalty. Peter Schmeichel's passion in the stands made me support Denmark. All in vain though