Day 18: Switzerland vs Spain | Belgium vs Italy (QF 1&2)

DaGOAT

Sure. An OG, dubious red and all will help.
Eh, they might be boring, but they created plenty of chances. Very poor finishing though.

They can beat most teams (beat Germany decisively not long ago too, 6-0), including scoring a lot of goals, but they can also miss all of their chances.

Robertd0803

it was a brilliant match but hotter than shit that day. Special day for me personally as my heritage is dutch/irish so i really enjoyed going. The after party downtown was fcking mental. The irish were drinking and singing basically took over every bar and the dutch women were jaw dropping hot and barely dressed because of the heat.
Great combination. :)

Withnail

I don't think so. Very different approaches - England plays a control game, Italy an energy game. It's not a given who will manage to impose their game on the opposition. England haven't conceded a single goal in four games, and will be hard for anyone to break down. They've also not had a serious wobble so far, unlike Italy who really struggled with Austria. I'd say it's even money, so far.
I'd be surprised if Italy's midfield don't control the game. Rice and Phillips aren't much of a match for Jorginho and Verratti.

Although England won't necessarily need to control the game to cause damage.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Look at Immobile at Italy’s first goal. Should be disallowed for just that. Pathetic.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I was out tonight with work for the first time for 18 months. It was shite

I missed both games although had them on my phone barely saw anything. Where can I watch decent highlights of both games?

Swiss_Red89

Oliver is a cnut. An attention seeking asshole
This. Still can't believe how he decided that challenge was a direct red card.

I don't want to see his face ever again, but as a United fan I won't be able too probably.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't think so. Very different approaches - England plays a control game, Italy an energy game. It's not a given who will manage to impose their game on the opposition. England haven't conceded a single goal in four games, and will be hard for anyone to break down. They've also not had a serious wobble so far, unlike Italy who really struggled with Austria. I'd say it's even money, so far.
Also England's bench are seriously very good. When Italy had their subs in, the quality dropped like half.

Cloud7

This! Apart from De Bryune. I also don’t / didn’t like the 3 Belgian players who played for us. Can’t think of a more dislikeable national team.
Same here. The number of unlikeable players in that Belgium team is staggering.
Glad I’m not the only one that feels this way. They are an extremely dislikeable team. KDB is the only player there I really like.

Devil81

Spains keeper showed the best method to put off opposition players in a shoot out, never understood why keepers are so static during shoot outs.

Loads of keepers have shown this works in a shoot out in the past, get in the mind of the already fragile player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Spains keeper showed the best method to put off opposition players in a shoot out, never understood why keepers are so static during shoot outs.

Loads of keepers have shown this works in a shoot out in the past, get in the mind of the already fragile player.
Tim Krul is a master in this.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Oh DDG, you’re breaking my heart. I need to forget the EL

Frank Sinatra Fan

England hasn't had a serious wobble because they always look consistently dull and bad. Like the game against Scotland.

Italy had a below-par game against Austria. So what? Every team has sup-bar games, every teams has days in which the players are not at their best. Italy so far has been easily the best team at this Euro, that's a fact that all neutrals can easily see.

dinostar77

Wow KDB played last night with ankle ligament damage sustained from a previous match. Hasn't trained for days. Thats crazy.