Day 19: Argentina vs. Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocho

What a sweet win, hate those swiss bastards, eleven players defending on the box, go home!!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Oh come on, the guy has great vision, he chose the right option. Had nothing to do with being too knackered to shoot. You should stop letting the commentators do the thinking for you.
:lol: come on stack, was said tongue in cheek. I'm actually a Messi fan. He's never really that selfish.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't know Argentina's obsession with crosses.

When you have Messi, why bother crossing so much? Di Maria and Rojo were pumping crosses every minute.

Rojo will be missing the next match.
I asked this question to myself of Tata Martino's tactics this year a lot. I've yet to settle on any kind of decent answer.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
i'm still not convinced that robben dived there
Yeah, it was an exaggerated fall. There was contact. I'm just saying - hardly anyone is going to mention Shaqiri, but if Robben did that, you'd not hear the end of it.
Shite, I get caught out again. Nice one ya bastard
:lol:
No harm. It was actually something a poster @Speak said earlier in the Messi thread about "you think Messi would pass in the dying moment if he could get all the limelight - he's just like Cristiano" :lol:

Something along those lines. Even though those who follow Messi closely, know he's one of the most unselfish players out there.

Acole9

Outstanding
What a boring game that was. I know they lost and were disappointed but I don't understand why some of the Swiss players were crying at the end, they've done well to get as far as they have and lets face it they were never going to win the World cup.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
what a dive, thank god it wasnt an argentinian or an uruguayan, we wouldnt hear the end of it
Thought it was a dive too but the reverse angle shows he just clipped him - made a meal of it, of course

That was not an experience I care to relive, besides how boring it was I couldn't manage allegiances well

milan4ever

If Argentina reaches semi-final it will be a good tournament for them. Belgium has 50% chance of beating them.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
If Argentina reaches semi-final it will be a good tournament for them. Belgium has 50% chance of beating them.
50%? Wow that's a big call. I'd give them 40% at most. Argentina will still be big favorites even they are crap so far.

Lyricist

Apparently Shaqiri ran an incredible 14.7 kilometers today. Messi only managed 10.6km in 120 minutes!

Cristobal

Finally, the team that deserved to win, won. Now you can talk and talk, but the reality is Argentina 1, eleven Suiss defenders 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.