Day 19: Czech Republic vs Denmark | Ukraine vs England (QF 3&4)

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Be ok if he didn't insist on playing 2 in every game
The 4231 doesn’t even have to be 2 solely defensive midfielders. Even the way Ole uses it, Fred makes forward passes & mcTominay makes regular drives forward. Southgate plays it extra safe with 2 midfielders whose sole job is to break up play. We saw Phillips drive forward a bit in the first game vie we haven’t seen it since.

Expect Ukraine will sit back and have 10 men behind the ball and make it very hard for England. Expect a 1-0 win.
They will play for pens from the first minute.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
After getting eliminated by Greece during our golden generation I believe we can get our Greece moment this Euro. Denmark will be favourites but not bigger than Netherlands last round for sure. Expecting more patient pragmatic football with some good moments going forward.

BTW real stupidity to play this in Baku.
I see it as pretty even as well. I guess it’ll be a much slower game than what we have seen from both ourselves and you previously because of the heat.
And you’re right about Baku, but those UEFA decision makers have to earn their millions somewhere.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Good thing it's in Rome then!
I thought the post was pretty clear talking about Czech vs. Denmark today but yeah you would have to read that whole, and that's pain these days..

Raredaredevil

Imagine if England gets knocked out by Ukraine after knocking out Germany, what an anti-climax. Anyway I think this will be a routine England 1-0, 2-0 win.

Denmark and Czech will go into extra time.

Adcuth

The 4231 doesn’t even have to be 2 solely defensive midfielders. Even the way Ole uses it, Fred makes forward passes & mcTominay makes regular drives forward. Southgate plays it extra safe with 2 midfielders whose sole job is to break up play. We saw Phillips drive forward a bit in the first game vie we haven’t seen it since.

They will play for pens from the first minute.
A Phillips Bellingham Foden mid 3 would work a lot better. Grealish and sancho either side of kane

Walters_19_MuFc

According to SSN, Sancho and Mount sre in line to start, meaning we'll likely revert back to a 433 or 4231.

Most likely means no Grealish, too, which is a bit of a shock, given he's made an impact every time he's featured.

Team will likely be:

Kane
Sterling Mount Sancho
Rice Phillips
Shaw Maguire Stones Walker
Pickford

Adcuth

Give sterling a game off. Cant play him and Kane every time as well as Phillips and Rice

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
According to SSN, Sancho and Mount sre in line to start, meaning we'll likely revert back to a 433 or 4231.

Most likely means no Grealish, too, which is a bit of a shock, given he's made an impact every time he's featured.

Team will likely be:

Kane
Sterling Mount Sancho
Rice Phillips
Shaw Maguire Stones Walker
Pickford
He won't move Sterling out of position so therefore Grealish is a little bit fecked in that regard. Saka getting a rest seems about right and it wouldn't shock me if one of Rice/Phillips is benched as they're both on yellows. Can't risk both being suspended imo.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
My step-brother (He isn't english) has asked me today "Would you prefer a 6-1 win or a 1-0 win?".

I have said that i would prefer a 1-0 win because it would mean

- Still 0 goals conceded in the tournament
- 7th clean-sheet in a row
- 1 goal conceded in the last 11 matches
- 5 goals conceded in the last 22 matches

First of all every win against Ukraine would be positive and actually a 6-1 win would be amazing too but i just feel to keep the clean-sheet record for the tournament would be very important if i can decide the result tonight.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Why do rival fans get so arsey about England fans being optimistic but not other countries? We’re allowed to be excited we’ve not won anything for 55 years & we have a chance here. Nobody is acting like we’ve already won it.
You are having a laugh. It’s not just fans, it’s the majority of the footballing world, including players.

Then you look online and you see this.

I’d love to support Mount, James, Chilwell etc in international games but I cannot stand the media.

djembatheking

Plenty of blue and yellow flags out round here , and a couple of Ukraine shirts. Hope we beat them , come on England.

TrustInOle

Why am I more nervous for this game than Germany? I can see a repeat of the Scotland game but hopefully we knick it during the 90. Definatley not a "back 3" game so I hope Grealish comes in for Trippier.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
You are having a laugh. It’s not just fans, it’s the majority of the footballing world, including players.

Then you look online and you see this.

I’d love to support Mount, James, Chilwell etc in international games but I cannot stand the media.
Can't believe I'm saying this but; Jamie O'Hara is right, even if he's only saying it to be a Talksport mouth. Ukraine are shite. They scraped through the groups with one narrow win against North Macedonia and squeaked past 10 man Sweden. England's second XI would put 2 or 3 past them easily and they will waltz past them tonight.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
My step-brother (He isn't english) has asked me today "Would you prefer a 6-1 win or a 1-0 win?".

I have said that i would prefer a 1-0 win because it would mean

- Still 0 goals conceded in the tournament
- 7th clean-sheet in a row
- 1 goal conceded in the last 11 matches
- 5 goals conceded in the last 22 matches

First of all every win against Ukraine would be positive and actually a 6-1 win would be amazing too but i just feel to keep the clean-sheet record for the tournament would be very important if i can decide the result tonight.
I understand your point, I’d take the 6-1 to get some more goal scorers though, and I don’t want us to become precious about clean sheets (as in if we concede one in the semis our heads would all drop).

Anyway let’s just hope we win! Come on England!

MU655

I don't get why the pundits are still going on about Eriksen. You would swear he died if you didn't know what happened.

Classical Mechanic

Can't believe I'm saying this but; Jamie O'Hara is right, even if he's only saying it to be a Talksport mouth. Ukraine are shite. They scraped through the groups with one narrow win against North Macedonia and squeaked past 10 man Sweden. England's second XI would put 2 or 3 past them easily and they will waltz past them tonight.
They're up and down. They qualified ahead of Portugal for this tournament taking 4 points off them and drew with France recently. It's a favourable draw but I don't think that the team will be dim enough to view the game like O'Hara does.

Ace_Ventura

All teams wearing white dress in R16 and QF have progressed further. Denmark FTW.

choccy77

Did they say that the winners of the Denmark game have to go to Quarantine ? or was it just the fans?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't get why the pundits are still going on about Eriksen. You would swear he died if you didn't know what happened.
Covering themselves for when Denmark batter England, they can use they "the Danes had more motivation" excuse.

Acole9

Outstanding
Did they say that the winners of the Denmark game have to go to Quarantine ? or was it just the fans?
Just the fans of Czech Republic I think. I get Baku have bid to host the matches but with a pandemic at the moment this is ridiculous.

Cloud7

Denmark really look like the force is with them this tournament

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Denmark have played really well with the lead in this tournament. They can be lethal when space opens up as the opponent begin chasing ghe game.

MU655

We’d have too many breaks throughout the game. It’s fine the way it is now.
Bad Czech defending in the corner.
What is the point of VAR, though, in that case? The game is stopped anyway, so they might as well check before the corner is taken.

Denis79

Denmark have played really well with the lead in this tournament. They can be lethal when space opens up as the opponent begin chasing ghe game.
Also a fearless side so far. They'll have a go at anyone.

iKnowNothing

England are easily going to win against Ukraine. As unlikely as it sounds, I would like to see Sancho and Rashford either side of Kane.