g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 19: Morocco vs Portugal | England vs France (QF 3&4)

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Portugal-Morocco is going to be scrappy affair with lots of fouls and cards. I hope they get a better referee than the ARG-NED one.
I don't think so. It's that Argentinian ref that sent off alot of players in that Racing vs Boca match. I don't really like this nomination.

RoyH1

I don't think so. It's that Argentinian ref that sent off alot of players in that Racing vs Boca match. I don't really like this nomination.
FIFA crazy. That could get messy.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
You must be really nervous then given Felix, Bruno and Dias are all one yellow away from missing the semi. Neves too but he's obviously much more replaceable than those guys.

Amrabat is in the same boat for them though which should limit his ability to run around the pitch getting stuck in as often as he does.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
You must be really nervous then given Felix, Bruno and Dias are all one yellow away from missing the semi. Neves too but he's obviously much more replaceable than those guys.

Amrabat is in the same boat for them though which should limit his ability to run around the pitch getting stuck in as often as he does.
That really puts a damper on things.. the players need to be careful but at the same time this is a world cup quarter finals. It's either win or go home so they can't play too cautious. But what a shame it would be if Bruno or Amrabat can't play in the semis. Both team of the tournament material.

Amrabat in particular can absolutely not be replaced by Morocco and I don't think any midfielder in the whole World Cup could replace him even if they could draft someone in.

Semper Fudge

Apt Tagline
Portugal-Morocco is going to be scrappy affair with lots of fouls and cards. I hope they get a better referee than the ARG-NED one.

France has just that little bit more of quality than England but it’s very, very close. Southgate has to come out to win and not to “not lose”. If he does the latter, then France will find a way.
He's not capable of that.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
That really puts a damper on things.. the players need to be careful but at the same time this is a world cup quarter finals. It's either win or go home so they can't play too cautious. But what a shame it would be if Bruno or Amrabat can't play in the semis. Both team of the tournament material.

Amrabat in particular can absolutely not be replaced by Morocco and I don't think any midfielder in the whole World Cup could replace him even if they could draft someone in.
Agreed. I think the cards should be wiped earlier than they are. We want to see the best players play in the biggest games.

Bruno's been one of the best players at the whole tournament and Amrabat, like you say, is irreplaceable. IMO he's been the best defensive mid at the tournament and it's not really close.

Hopefully it's an uneventful game with few cards.

Glorio

Leaks saying England to keep the same team as last time. Personally I think it's a mistake, one would think Rashford will keep France honest and cause them all kinds of hassle by running in behind like no one else in this England side will

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I would love Morocco to shock the world but I absolutely need to see England-Portugal in the semis. You just know that match is going to be fireworks, emotions running high, kinda like yesterdays game. I also despise France the most out of any contending nation (yes, even more than Argentina), so please make it happen.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

I'm not worried about Felix. I'd give 90% chance Ruben Dias get booked (he should have been booked for his challenges on Embolo). Bruno just needs to keep his mouth shut. I can see him booked from arguing with the ref not from a challenge.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Front page of Le Equipe in France is mbappe as James Bond!

This. Is. A. Disgrace.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Portugal-Morocco a blow out, France to win somewhat comfortably in a closer-than-the-final-score-says game

Sildegil

Good luck. I see England as the underdogs, and it’s tough to not root for the underdogs. If England stays on the attack, players like Rashford and Foden can hurt them. Take it to them. If they go all cagey and defensive, France will smoke ‘em.

Scenario 1: attacking England.
ENG 2 FRA 1

Scenario 2: England sits back.
ENG 1 FRA 3.
Funny. I think it is the exact opposite.

Scenario 1: attacking England.
ENG 1 FRA 3

Scenario 2: England sits back.
ENG 2 FRA 1

France is a counter attacking team. We dont mind leaving the ball to the opponent.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Supporting Portugal today. I wonder how they will solve the Moroccan wall, if they will have so many difficulties. Às armas!!!

croadyman

I'm not worried about Felix. I'd give 90% chance Ruben Dias get booked (he should have been booked for his challenges on Embolo). Bruno just needs to keep his mouth shut. I can see him booked from arguing with the ref not from a challenge.
Yeah Bruno is a walking yellow card for dissent,however only see that happening if Morocco really frustrate them.

fallengt

Santos won't bench Ronaldo today, he's one bench away from throwing hissy fit. I can feel it

Andre Kagawa

Santos won't bench Ronaldo today, he's one bench away from throwing hissy fit. I can feel it
I can't see it either. Wouldn't be surprised if Ramos suddenly "felt a niggle" today and has to be rested.

Kopral Jono

Knowing Southgate I'm half-expecting England v France to be a chore, with the former nicking a goal to send them through in a manner not unlike Croatia yesterday. I still think France will be too strong, though.

Idxomer

Ronaldo is on the bench again and Neves coming in for Carvalho is the only change.

I'm starting to like Santos.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I like the lineup but I would keep Carvalho on for Neves

Leaks saying England to keep the same team as last time. Personally I think it's a mistake, one would think Rashford will keep France honest and cause them all kinds of hassle by running in behind like no one else in this England side will
Any news about the French team? I think Mbappe will start on the right.

Andre Kagawa

That is one sexy line-up page. Great design. Listed by position and not by number too :drool:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Can't get over this horrible kit.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Shooting from outside the box could be the difference today.
Good point. But for comedy purposes I wanted to see Carvalho try and outrun Amrabat