Day 2: Wales vs Switzerland | Denmark vs Finland | Belgium vs Russia

Hester_manc

The darkest day I can remember for danish football;
accident.
-
- Eriksen`s accident
- Finland has a single attack in the whole match. They score on it.
- Schmeichel will usually have saved the attempt.
- Højbjerg kicks a miserable penalty kick.
- The Danish captain must be substituted.
- We are done at the European Championships already.

A dark, dark day

Achilles McCool

You don't think it's relevant?
It was almost instantaneous! One second, the ball is played into Lukaku, the very next second, a defender right in front of Lukaku attempts to clear the ball, which falls to an offside Lukaku to score. Same PoP in my opinion but PoP is so obtuse that it can be defined in many different ways

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Hard to scout them under the circumstances but without Erikson they don't seem to have much creativity.

The fact they resorted to long balls and a centre half up front fairly early on surprised me.
They're all most likely still in a daze. There's no way they could have been focused.

Sheamus

Sad that Eriksen’s footballing career is most likely over, but I’m sure he’ll have plenty of good people around him to help with the transition into whatever he chooses to do next. I’m just glad this happened in a stadium where the right people were in place to help him. Imagine if he was exercising by himself with nobody around to help him. Scary thought. We have to be thankful for that.

Reactions: Sultan

el3mel

This group will probably not have a best 3rd. The 3rd team will probably end with 3 points or so and a minus goal difference.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I’m curious if the younger generation are the posters saying that it’s ONSIDE while the older generation says clearly that’s Offsides?
I’d love to see a breakdown of the age of poster and their opinion of the new offside interpretation, but I’ll just have to admit that I’ll never know:wenger:
I'm 27... do I still count as younger???

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It was almost instantaneous! One second, the ball is played into Lukaku, the very next second, a defender right in front of Lukaku attempts to clear the ball, which falls to an offside Lukaku to score. Same PoP in my opinion but PoP is so obtuse that it can be defined in many different ways
Lukaku was about 3-4 yeards behind him. PoP resets when the Russian touches the ball.

AmanNits04

Is it just me or is Golovin the best Russian player in pitch right now, he looks lively.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Unreal that Finland won that game. Kinda horrible terms to win a match on, but hope all the Finns enjoy it, this country will go crazy if they reach the second round!

032Devil

The darkest day I can remember for danish football;
accident.
-
- Eriksen`s accident
- Finland has a single attack in the whole match. They score on it.
- Schmeichel will usually have saved the attempt.
- Højbjerg kicks a miserable penalty kick.
- The Danish captain must be substituted.
- We are done at the European Championships already.

A dark, dark day
You've still got 2/3 games. They still have opportunities

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yep. Our biggest issue. Really hoping Skov Olsen develops - would be our first proper wide player in years.
Skov Olsen looks interesting indeed.

There always was a steady stream of capable strikers before that with Tomasson, Brian Laudrup, Fleming Povlsen all the way back to Elkjær. Seems like the talent in that position dried up after Bendtner fell off a cliff.

Mike Smalling

If the players had decided to postpone the game, would they have played a full new game or just the remainder? Anyone know?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So has Lukaku become world class since he left Utd?
He's always been good, but Inter fans haven't exaggerated his flaws as much as United fans have, so he's presented as a much better player, publicly.

EDIT: It helps that Lukaku feels more confident and motivated when playing for Inter.