Day 20: Brazil vs. Colombia

AlwaysRedwood

Joke of a post. One thing is tactical fouling. Another is a blatant assault.

None of our fouls were harsh or violent. You are OK with the flying knee because you don't like our squad, just admit it.
I started the game rooting for Brazil and ended the game wanting them to lose. If you consider that "not liking a squad" then so be it. The facts are in front of your face. The international press is pretty much all saying the same thing. You sit in the corner saying everyone hates your team. Classic denial behavior.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
I started the game rooting for Brazil and ended the game wanting them to lose. If you consider that "not liking a squad" then so be it. The facts are in front of your face. The international press is pretty much all saying the same thing. You sit in the corner saying everyone hates your team. Classic denial behavior.
No, you guys do hate my team. Its pretty clear from all threads. Still no evidence that ref interfered with result. Actually, you talk about international press, I am reading several colombian forums and they all minimize the refs influence of the game, saying he was shit for both, and are pissed at Colombias lethargy in first 70 minutes.

I wish we could talk footie here.. Anywyas, does any one know about the matress odor?

AlwaysRedwood

No, you guys do hate my team. Its pretty clear from all threads. Still no evidence that ref interfered with result. Actually, you talk about international press, I am reading several colombian forums and they all minimize the refs influence of the game, saying he was shit for both, and are pissed at Colombias lethargy in first 70 minutes.

I wish we could talk footie here.. Anywyas, does any one know about the matress odor?
:lol:

I think the mattress smells from your bias and nonsense. Not much you can do about that.

fontaine

:lol:

I think the mattress smells from your bias and nonsense. Not much you can do about that.
hey, biased guy.. please help the matress thing. let me explain

my landowner needs the matress back. NOW, does the smell come from before I had it? I can't fecking decide!!!

is there some powder or spray that removes odor? I have to return it.. she already has many reasons to not like me, WHICH I LIST :

I lost a key.. tehehe

I also got caught eating her food, which is fine with her, but I didn't tell her beforehand so it kinda seemed like I was stealing it. But she didn't make any deal out of it. BUT I KNOW, deep inside she didn't like it.

So, I don't want strike 3. I cannot give her a stinky mattress. I'm almost 99% sure the odor was there beforehand though

can it be a fungus?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The first yellow came an hour into a game of fouls, and it was such a blatant and stupid foul it was almost amazing, when Thiago Silva blocked the keeper's punt. Embarrassing.
That was such a bizarre moment. Why would he risc a yellow for so little?

I concluded that by then the Brazil players felt they could do whatever they wanted with impunity.

Either that, or Silva is on the take for getting a yellow in that game. He was certainly pining for one in the minutes leading up to that.

Pagh Wraith

Unlucky Neymar. Foul doesn't even look that bad. Just a shame Brazil will be without their two best players against Germany. The thought of us winning it and all the idiots around me celebrating it frightens me.

labamba

the amount of conspiracy theory in this thread seems extremely high even to an italian like me. Colombia were a nice team that failed to impress in its big game. Now if you remember there was also a moment when someone fouled Hulk with the bottom of his shoe - classic red card (like the one that Matuidi got away with in the Nigeria game). I can't help but feel for brazil with all that hatred

Fenomeno9

People acting like this is something new with Brazil. Ask any of our South American rivals we been like this for years. Team used to hack the shit out of us back in the days with the idea of trying to disrupt our game and once we learned our lesson from it we started doing it back. Did you guys not watch the Confederation Cup final were we fouled them persistently, same as in the Copa America 07. Brazil have been fairly cynical in their fouling for years. Guys like Dunga, Mauro Silva, Gilberto Silva were masters at the tactical foul.

saivet

I don't know the stats, just read it somewhere and I think they included fouls where the advantage was given, as I don't think they're classed as fouls statistically speaking.

REJE

Why is it always the cafe that gets hordes of opposition supporters in the forums? I'm sure we have more kopites in here than the RAWK forums lol. I think that guy from Brazil is probably a scouse with nothing better to do :P

sharpiesdance

Is there some rule I am unaware of whereby Brazilians can buy an AK47 assault rifle, fire at the opposition and still not get booked?

mancan92

If you want to play this game, play it.

This was a very cynical Brazlian side. The flair and tradition of Brazil were gone from this team. Their entire game plan was to take down Columbia's two playmakers.

There were 34 tackles (12 fouls -- 6 on each) on Juan Cuadrado and Rodriguez.

Brazil committed 31 fouls during the game. It took 24 Brazilian fouls for the ref to give a player a yellow. Whenever Rodriguez received the ball, Fernandinho, hacked him down.

The first yellow came an hour into a game of fouls, and it was such a blatant and stupid foul it was almost amazing, when Thiago Silva blocked the keeper's punt. Embarrassing.

Brazil is known for playing a style that is joyful and fun to watch. This game was anything but and the tone was set by the Brazilians.

If Brazil are going to play tough football, then the other sides are going to dish out the same treatment to them too. And Neymar paid the price.

Criminal my ass. You set the tone. Suck it up.
Fantastic post. For me there was only one team interested in playing football in that second half. Brazil can have no complaints about the Neymar injury as their the ones who went to have a boxing match in the first place.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
This thread really is disgusting. Just read it all.. the ease in which people write "fixed".. There is a very irrational hatred of Brazil here idk why
I haven't read it, but I can imagine. It's frustrating at times on here when everyone gets one-track-minded.

Mind, I don't think people hate Brazil at all, there's three factors here:

1. everyone loves an underdog (I would have rather Chile or Colombia purely on that basis, but now we have the worst case of them both out and a limp Brazil, which I would certainly prefer to what remains).
2. it's not jogo bonito, people abroad react with even more dismay at that than Brazilians themselves. It's funny because Scolari's teams have never been about that, not sure what people expected really.
3. that ridiculous peno on the first game (not your fault really) got to all those on here who love an injustice campaign and just won't let go.

I thought the ref was awful, too permissive, the sort of thing that results in unfortunate injuries like Neymar's just because players start getting ott with their challenges. Unlucky, I imagine it must be like a friggin' wake down there :(

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
This thread really is disgusting. Just read it all.. the ease in which people write "fixed".. There is a very irrational hatred of Brazil here idk why
I've always loved Brazilian teams. '82 - I was quite upset that they lost to Italy. '86 - they lost to a great French side. '90 - went out to a cynical Argies side on penos. '94 - followed them all the way to the title. '98 - loved watching them, only to have the love-in with France grow towards the final. '02 - the love waned. It was almost scripted that they would win it. '06 - beaten by a French team punching way above their weight. '10 - don't remember it, but they were beaten by a Dutch side who would lose the final.

You have to judge any tournament team on their merits. My (meandering) point is that the anti-Brazil posts you see is because they've been so shite. There's huge disappointment, generally, because the days of Samba Soccer seem to be long gone, but not only that, this side is hugely cynical and blunt to boot.

If any side approached a World Cup in this manner (say, Netherlands in the 2010 final), they would get lambasted for it. That Brazil are now in a semifinal, is no great surprise given that they are hosting the event. That they've done so, in such a non-aesthetic manner is their own doing and certainly won't be praised by me for doing so.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I've always loved Brazilian teams. '82 - I was quite upset that they lost to Italy. '86 - they lost to a great French side. '90 - went out to a cynical Argies side on penos. '94 - followed them all the way to the title. '98 - loved watching them, only to have the love-in with France grow towards the final. '02 - the love waned. It was almost scripted that they would win it. '06 - beaten by a French team punching way above their weight. '10 - don't remember it, but they were beaten by a Dutch side who would lose the final.

You have to judge any tournament team on their merits. My (meandering) point is that the anti-Brazil posts you see is because they've been so shite. There's huge disappointment, generally, because the days of Samba Soccer seem to be long gone, but not only that, this side is hugely cynical and blunt to boot.

If any side approached a World Cup in this manner (say, Netherlands in the 2010 final), they would get lambasted for it. That Brazil are now in a semifinal, is no great surprise given that they are hosting the event. That they've done so, in such a non-aesthetic manner is their own doing and certainly won't be praised by me for doing so.
Spot on...

Teams have to play to their strengths. This brazilian team, lacks the classic flair jogo bonito, but are a physical powerhouse, and play that type of football.

So, if you want to kick around like crazy, fair enough, but be ready to accept the consequences. (yellow cards, red cards, etc...)

The problem happen when the ref (fifa) allow to play like this WITHOUT consequences. Thats the problem.

fouls:

(25) Netherlands vs Chile (14)
(28) Brasil vs Chile (23)
(31) Brasil vs Colombia (23)

Brasil: world champions of the "tactical" foul :cool:

Loublaze

ATLien
Lol people were saying chile and colombia were favorites. We haven't lost in WC qualifiers at home because we face these teams and they shit themselves when they see our shirt. We were winning 2-0, created best chances and controlled the game before Maicon had a turnover near our box which generated the penalty. Refereeing was horrible for both sides, this is the only forum which I saw major complaints. Colombia got so, so many soft fouls near the box. Colombians were diving at every play wishing for same fouls over and over. Sure, he should have given yellows, but to both sides. They stopped so many fast breaks with fouls. And that offside is as blatant as anything, Yepes is absurdly active in that play
This is the worst Brasilian team i've ever had the misfortune to watch. To top it all they are being mismanaged by Scolari.

kiwired

penalties? No they didn't. Argentina won that 1-0. I remember watching that game as a kid

Starryknight

If you want to play this game, play it.

This was a very cynical Brazlian side. The flair and tradition of Brazil were gone from this team. Their entire game plan was to take down Columbia's two playmakers.

There were 34 tackles (12 fouls -- 6 on each) on Juan Cuadrado and Rodriguez.

Brazil committed 31 fouls during the game. It took 24 Brazilian fouls for the ref to give a player a yellow. Whenever Rodriguez received the ball, Fernandinho, hacked him down.

Brazil is known for playing a style that is joyful and fun to watch. This game was anything but and the tone was set by the Brazilians.

If Brazil are going to play tough football, then the other sides are going to dish out the same treatment to them too. And Neymar paid the price.

Criminal my ass. You set the tone. Suck it up.

You say Brazil set the tone, but Colombia actually made the first three fouls in the game...

Furthermore on the whole "set the tone" thing, what did they actually set the tone too? Fouling?
I mean sure, Rodriguez got fouled ALOT, but i didn't see any studs to the thighs (like zuniga did on Hulk in the first half) and i didn't see any knees in the back (like zuniga on Neymar). I dread to think of what the reaction would be if Brazillians had put in those two challenges.

Finally, Brazil fouling Rodriguez was to be expected, all the best players go through it early on in their career, oppositions try to put them off their game, try to intimidate them. Messi went through it, Ronaldo went through in England and Neymar is still going through it now, it's nothing new and he wasn't subject to any brutal or malicious challenges.

Fair play to Rodriguez, actually thought he played really well considering everything and got better as the game progressed. Great mentality.

Loublaze

ATLien
I know this is off topic, but is there a spray (like foot spray) that gets bad odor out of matresses? Last weeks my matress smells like stinky feet. I really need some help on this. No, I cannot wash them for now..
Do you shower/bath everyday? Are you more sweaty than the average person? No offence should be taken. Maybe you need to take a little extra time to properly scrub your feet, because it's bacteria that causes foot odor that can leave your sheets stinky. Also, make sure your feet are dried completely after scrubbing. Exfoliate your feet completely with a wash cloth. You can also use talcum powder to rub on your feet, between your toes too. Even Johnson and Johnsons powder can be helpful.

fontaine

Do you shower/bath everyday? Are you more sweaty than the average person? No offence should be taken. Maybe you need to take a little extra time to properly scrub your feet, because it's bacteria that causes foot odor that can leave your sheets stinky. Also, make sure your feet are dried completely after scrubbing. Exfoliate your feet completely with a wash cloth. You can also use talcum powder to rub on your feet, between your toes too. Even Johnson and Johnsons powder can be helpful.
I know, I thought of that. But, how the FECK can I smell my own foot? I'm trying to see if its stinking but its been 10 minutes and I cannot manage to get into position to smell my feet.. I'm fairly higenic, to answer your question though