Day 22: Brazil vs. Germany

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Fecking surreal game. At the pub we were just prosting on one goal and weren't even finished celebrating when our boys scored the next one. That was by far the most insane 25 minutes of football I have ever seen from our national team.

Oh yeah and needless to say I'm quite fecking drunk but I'm pretty sure not going to be the only hungover, sleepy feck at my work tomorrow.
Congrats, NoLogo! Well deserved.

Who do you prefer to play in the final now?

Cloudface

NoLogo

Congrats, NoLogo! Well deserved.

Who do you prefer to play in the final now?
I really don't know. Both teams are very defensive so far and will be hard to break down and both have a world class player or two who can win a game on their own. I'd probably prefer Argentina though as we have shown we can handle them in the past but I have no illusion that both teams will be very hard to beat especially if Robben or Messi are having a good day.

steve9

Oh get off your high horse... have you seen them play? I can totally get behind people saying they're utter twats on the field, relying on their name to get them through to the final. It almost worked, too. Have you seen the dives and vicious attacks they made today? If anyone has to be commended in this game, it's the ref. He was spot on most of the time as far as I could see.
That's not the point. I as well wanted to see the Brazilians lose, if not to us than to anybody else. Simply because this Brazilian football generation is play
I didn't read the whole article but I agree with the general point. After we scored the first goal Brazil attacked like an panicked U11 side and it was quite easy for us.
Bullshit. After going one down the Brazilians got even more fired up. But the met for the first time an opponent who was superior in almost every regard. And probably neymar wouldn't have made a difference.

massi83

Not a bad game to attend. Maybe beats United-Barca in 2008. Put a brazil shirt on, just in case (coming from Finland I look a little like German), but celebrated the first 3 goals pretty normally, only did a small fist-pump on 4&5, and thought better about celebrating 6&7. Didn't see any trouble when leaving the stadium.

Still tomorrow's SF and final to go.

Amazing atmosphere before the game. First one silenced the crowd only for a minute. But after a couple more goals a couple of small fights started, only pushing and arguing. People booed Fred after 30 minutes, and rest of the team at half time. 7th goal drew a celebration from Brazilians, and they started to cheer Germany on.

Reactions: Eboue

bastip92

Bullshit. After going one down the Brazilians got even more fired up. But the met for the first time an opponent who was superior in almost every regard. And probably neymar wouldn't have made a difference.
That's what I meant. They got fired up and tried to force a goal somehow.If David Luiz for example tries to run forward past 2 or 3 players just because you conceded one goal it's not a big surprise to concede another one on the counter.
Edit: Didn't know you're german aswell. ;)

steve9

Best World Cup performance ever? Brazil humiliated themselves, not Germany

"Germany are receiving all the plaudits after their 7-1 thumping of hosts Brazil in Belo Horizonte. But the truth is that Brazil inflicted this humiliation on themselves"

An unexpectedly good article from Goal.com sure to enrage all the German fanboys.
h
Ni worries. We Germans are used to get credit only when it is absolutely unavoidable from the international crowd. Trust me, we cannot only live with, but we take extra motivation from it.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Best World Cup performance ever? Brazil humiliated themselves, not Germany

"Germany are receiving all the plaudits after their 7-1 thumping of hosts Brazil in Belo Horizonte. But the truth is that Brazil inflicted this humiliation on themselves"

An unexpectedly good article from Goal.com sure to enrage all the German fanboys.
Germany scored 4 goals in 6 minutes. When was the last time something like that happened in a professional match? Has it every happened at all? As much disheartened and disorganized as a few teams get in some moments in football, it's very rare that the other team gets the cohesiveness and ruthlessness to hit on an opponent so mercilessly. That looked more like a knockout in boxing than a football match.

Obviously in these lopsided results it's a mix of both. That article is bullshit, Germany deserves all the praise for the show they put on today, as much or more as Brazil deserves the stick.

ea385

Germany scored 4 goals in 6 minutes. When was the last time something like that happened in a professional match? Has it every happened at all? As much disheartened and disorganized as a few teams get in some moments in football, it's very rare that the other team gets the cohesiveness and ruthlessness to hit on an opponent so merciless. That looked more like a knockout in boxing than a football match.
I think it''s more rare that a team like Germany (that is ruthless and cohesive) comes up against a team performing as pathetically as Brazil did today.After the first goal they completely capitulated and played like a pub team. It was a disgraceful performance on their part. The Germans certainly seized their opportunities, which is what you expect of them.

steve9

That's what I meant. They got fired up and tried to force a goal somehow.If David Luiz for example tries to run forward past 2 or 3 players just because you conceded one goal it's not a big surprise to concede another one on the counter.
Yep, I'm German and proud of it and our team. But thent not a particular fan of any team. I just live the game.
I think it''s more rare that a team like Germany (that is ruthless and cohesive) comes up against a team performing as pathetically as Brazil did today.After the first goal they completely capitulated and played like a pub team. It was a disgraceful performance on their part. The Germans certainly seized their opportunities, which is what you expect of them.
yes, could have been any team, right? If you agree, see above.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
No you can´t actually expect that, otherwise games between big and smaller nations would be over after 15-20 minutes, which there more often than not is not the case. The 1:0 certainly shook the Brazilian´s confidence and structure, but Germany also did extremely well in giving them no time to recover. How many teams would have sit back after the 2:0 and let the Brazilians come? Germany witnessed the space and opportunities and went for the kill over and over again with an extremely high degree of efficiency. Such ruthlesness is rare. By the 30 minute mark Brazil was utterly broken with no chance to recover.

So, Brazil was poor, really poor, but Germany also punished them extremely hard for that.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
All joking aside, is it finally time to write off Brazil as a superpower? They're distinctively average at the moment and have been for some time. They've had a largely shite team for nearly ten years now, despite winning a Confed Cup or two. The only reason they got as far as they did this year and why they were tipped so highly by many to win it was due to home advantage and a bit of luck. There's no massive influx of incoming Brazilian talent either unlike other nations. Imo, they're no longer a WC SF/final team, the team that's automatically favourites or thereabout, they're more a QF/SF team which is crazy when you think they're Brazil but that's the way it is now.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
I understand your point, they obviously benefited from an incredibly atypical scenario. Brazilian supporters won't look at this as the result of facing an overwhelmingly superior opponent but rather as one of the most massive bottling jobs ever. You look at Holland's mauling of Spain and see better goals, a need to make better plays to score than what Germany had to do today.

I think there's a middle ground though, and Germany did something special in those 6 minutes (they never really had to step out of 2nd gear during the remainder of the match). They went there 4 times in 6 minutes, that's a goal every 90 seconds with the celebrations and ball-to-center mingled in between. Surely it has to be seen as an outstanding feat as well. It was brilliant under my eyes.

Among top teams I think only a mix of a very bad from one side and very good from the other can lead to this sort of result. You can never really separate both. Brazil crumbled, but it was the Germans that made them crumble. An article solely centering in Brazil making it look like if Germany was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time reeks of bitterness or envy towards Germany.

massi83

Fecking surreal game. At the pub we were just prosting on one goal and weren't even finished celebrating when our boys scored the next one. That was by far the most insane 25 minutes of football I have ever seen from our national team.

Oh yeah and needless to say I'm quite fecking drunk but I'm pretty sure not going to be the only hungover, sleepy feck at my work tomorrow.
I actually think you played even better against Sweden for the first 30 minutes. But naturally everybody remembers Sweden's comeback better in the 4-4 game.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
All joking aside, is it finally time to write off Brazil as a superpower? They're distinctively average at the moment and have been for some time. They've had a largely shite team for nearly ten years now, despite winning a Confed Cup or two. The only reason they got as far as they did this year and why they were tipped so highly by many to win it was due to home advantage and a bit of luck. There's no massive influx of incoming Brazilian talent either unlike other nations. Imo, they're no longer a WC SF/final team, the team that's automatically favourites or thereabout, they're more a QF/SF team which is crazy when you think they're Brazil but that's the way it is now.
Far too early to think this way

Arruda

Supports
Porto
I wonder if Neymar secretly took some enjoyment out of this.

bpet15

Weird how that didn't change my opinion because it's the team I support, huh.

Still a fecking game.
I get where you are coming from, but what a dumb statement to make.

It is much more than a game for many players. For many, it is a way to feed their families back home, decent shelter for family members, and a way out of terrible situations many players grew up in.

As a matter of fact, the "game" represents HOPE for many young boys around the world. Hope for a better life, hope to escape impoverished or scandalous societies and hope to actually make something of yourself. It is viewed as a way to give their children and their children's children a better life. It is viewed as a way to pay back a single Mom or parents that worked 20 hour days to put food on the table.

For you, it maybe a game, but you are out of your mind if you think that is all it is to everyone.

r0663664

Worships Man City
With or without Neymar, Brazil is totally out of depth. They were never convincing in most of the matches that they played, it was like Man Utd last season. Scolari should probably own up to showing faith in average players like Hulk, Fred and David Luiz. Mourinho is a best manager in the world to sell David Luiz at the highest price, at best he would be a defensive midfielder and not CB. I hope Mata prove him wrong.

AlwaysRedwood

I get where you are coming from, but what a dumb statement to make.

It is much more than a game for many players. For many, it is a way to feed their families back home, decent shelter for family members, and a way out of terrible situations many players grew up in.
Oh shut the feck up. The cnut just got sold for $50 million.

As a matter of fact, the "game" represents HOPE for many young boys around the world. Hope for a better life, hope to escape impoverished or scandalous societies and hope to actually make something of yourself. It is viewed as a way to give their children and their children's children a better life. It is viewed as a way to pay back a single Mom or parents that worked 20 hour days to put food on the table.

For you, it maybe a game, but you are out of your mind if you think that is all it is to everyone.
Yep. Still a game, sport.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
No, I'd argue it's guys kicking a ball around making millions of dollars. But I did enjoy the hell out of David Luiz crying, so that was feeling something.
If that is all it is why do we care so much? Why do players care so much? Without the passion and emotion of the sport isn't just a form of exercise?

bpet15

No, I'd argue it's guys kicking a ball around making millions of dollars. But I did enjoy the hell out of David Luiz crying, so that was feeling something.
I would bet you played in a lot of meaningful games growing up!
Oh shut the feck up. The cnut just got sold for $50 million.

Yep. Still a game, sport.
"It's just a game" is the most common thing told to kids that are constantly getting their tail kicked...knowing that there will be participation trophies at the end.

Makes sense now.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

Dante is the worst Brazilian defender I have ever seen at a WC. For Germany's 4th and 5th goals he gets spinned around like a schoolboy. No, not turned. He literally spins a couple of 360s. Then for the 6th goal can someone please explain to me what he was doing during the entire play? He was marking no one. He was standing no where. Everyone was marking someone while he decided to mark the zone right in front of Cesar. Shocking performance and I can't believe we were linked with him at one point.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
6 pints, countless grappas and a couple of other delicacies later and I still can't believe what transpired today... something about football?

Devil may care

I think everyone knew this was a poor Brazilian side but no one could have expected the level of implosion that took place, they were embarrassingly bad. Germany were extremely efficient in capitalizing on the collapse but it's hard to draw too much from their performance as they might as well have been playing an amateur side.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Just seen the score and highlights :lol: Would never have expected that score line. Germans just knocking the ball about the box and passing it in for half the goals as well.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
One of the weirdest games I've ever witnessed. fecking awesome though :drool: .

But I don't think we can draw any conclusions from this game, just like all the crazy overanalysing of the Algeria match was senseless, here it's the same just the other way. We took the lead after a well executed corner (pretty sure that Klose blocking Luiz and Müller moving there was practised in training) and then Brazil was lost. They looked like a team that didn't know what to do after conceding, like no one even told him that it's possible that they have to chase the game. They just stormed forward like it was destiny that they'll win and nothing could hurt them. Everyone lost their head, never seen anything like that before. I'd say all the emotions that helped them getting so far in this tournament came back to hurt them now, because they needed a calm presence in defense and midfield who'd make sure the team would play a smart slow game for 10-15 minutes, so that the opponent can't kill the game off instantly and then go from there. Well, they didn't have one.

Still, doesn't mean anything if we don't finish the job. One more game to go and I'm not sure that I like the fact that we will be heavy favourites now in the final. At least Müller's interview after the game means that the team knows how meaningless this result is if we lose the final.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
I'm half glad that we lost, I really really hope this revolutionizes our football. Much better than losing 2-1 or some shit. We have one of the shittiest domestic leagues for our potential, our youth levels in the hands of agents
13 year old kids getting double digit salaries and using agent leverage against the club.. "Pelé Law" destroyed clubs
I remember the NBA put salary caps on young players, when team USA lost in 02,04,06..

Brazil used to be everyone's second team, now we have trouble filling up the craven cottage, of course, who the feck wants to watch Paulinho, Fred etc

Reactions: Annihilate Now!