Day 22: Brazil vs. Germany

Gorefest

It was astonishing how disorganised they were. Especially as Scolari has built/moulded this team around being hardworking, physical and defensively sound.
Shocking indeed. The last time the Dutch defended against the Germans like that, we lost our country for 5 years.

(I'll get my coat)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wow. That was quite a read.
That graphic is pretty bad imo. Both midfield options are in the shadow Schweinsteiger (?!). If he passes to Maicon he'd instantly get pressed off the ball by Özil and Schweinsteiger. Gustavo also has 3 players around him and Dante doesn't have any good options either.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I'd say his crying was less from losing the game and more of a scared boy who knows what's coming. It was fear. He went from being the golden boy to possibly the next pariah. Those were self preservation tears.
You say this like it is a fact.... =/ All your posts in this thread really shows how ignorant you are and that you have absolutely no idea what this game and tournament means to the players and the fans. For example, I had a tear in my eye after Aguero scored the last goal of the season so that City won the PL in 2012, and I've never even been in England..
To not understand why a Brazilian footballer would cry after he lost the WC semi final, in Brazil, makes you a bit narrow minded imo...

And I've never ever understood how someone can be happy about someone else being sad, no matter what it's about. It says quite a lot about you.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Sugarcane has given them 5 World Cups to BMW's, VW's, etc 3 WC's. Pretty ridiculous statement.
I agree the analogy is shite. Football made it to a worldwide phenomenon because, on the pitch, it doesn't matter whether you grow sugarcane or design mercs. (And he forgot about Porsche)

Last edited:

Prufrock

Such a weird experience. We didn't even celebrate anymore for the 4th and 5th goal, we were genuinely shocked. Complete feeling of disconnect.

I'm really happy with the current starting eleven. It's simply the most obvious one given the squad. Klose->Schürrle makes more sense than Schürrle->Klose and Lahm's back at RB. When the coaching staff tries to be clever and original, things tend to go wrong.

Have to say though that Höwedes at LB turned out a good decision as of now, just as dropping Mertesacker, even though that was very harsh.

And that damn high line is gone.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Such a weird experience. We didn't even celebrate anymore for the 4th and 5th goal, we were genuinely shocked. Complete feeling of disconnect.

I'm really happy with the current starting eleven. It's simply the most obvious one given the squad. Klose->Schürrle makes more sense than Schürrle->Klose and Lahm's back at RB. When the coaching staff tries to be clever and original, things tend to go wrong.

Have to say though that Höwedes at LB turned out a good decision as of now, just as dropping Mertesacker, even though that was very harsh.

And that damn high line is gone.
As long as we take the lead early, yes it does. Not sure if it's such a great move if we have to chase the game and face a well parked bus. Müller was brilliant as the striker and if Klose starts and needs to be subbed after 70minutes, we don't have a striker to bring into the game for the last 20 minutes. The other way round would give us more options in my opinion.

Prufrock

As long as we take the lead early, yes it does. Not sure if it's such a great move if we have to chase the game and face a well parked bus. Müller was brilliant as the striker and if Klose starts and needs to be subbed after 70minutes, we don't have a striker to bring into the game for the last 20 minutes. The other way round would give us more options in my opinion.
I think it's somewhat of a case of playing to your strengths versus covering your weaknesses. I'd rather have 70 minutes of Klose occupying the centre and constantly pestering defenders and Müller being free to pick his weird runs without having to play the target man. I do think that Müller can struggle as the striker against tactical, considered sides like Holland and Brazil and I've too often seen Schürrle being ineffectual as a starter, though he is in great form at the moment.

AlwaysRedwood

You say this like it is a fact.... =/ All your posts in this thread really shows how ignorant you are and that you have absolutely no idea what this game and tournament means to the players and the fans. For example, I had a tear in my eye after Aguero scored the last goal of the season so that City won the PL in 2012, and I've never even been in England..
To not understand why a Brazilian footballer would cry after he lost the WC semi final, in Brazil, makes you a bit narrow minded imo...

And I've never ever understood how someone can be happy about someone else being sad, no matter what it's about. It says quite a lot about you.
Yeah, sport, it's a fecking game. The guy who introduced me to football as a teenager had his head beat in behind a pub because he bought the entire pub a drink and some guys thinking he was gay beat him to death out back with a branch. Not a great thing for me to find.

I could give you a long list of shit that actually matters in life that should bring tears.

You cry over shit that actually matters. Perspective. It's a fecking game. Grown men crying over it is embarrassing. Cry over it and people who understand what life can actually be will make fun of you.

Sorry you don't understand why people can be happy about others being sad. That's a basic part of being a human.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Some very classy stuff posted on Twitter by Podolski and Ozil after the game. I enjoyed it.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Yeah, sport, it's a fecking game. The guy who introduced me to football as a teenager had his head beat in behind a pub because he bought the entire pub a drink and some guys thinking he was gay beat him to death out back with a branch. Not a great thing for me to find.

I could give you a long list of shit that actually matters in life that should bring tears.

You cry over shit that actually matters. Perspective. It's a fecking game. Grown men crying over it is embarrassing. Cry over it and people who understand what life can actually be will make fun of you.

Sorry you don't understand why people can be happy about others being sad. That's a basic part of being a human.
You end a post like that with "That's a basic part of being a human"? wow.
You need to be human to actually understand what we are talking about here, and you just failed miserably so I'm not sure if it's worth replying to you at all..

Telling someone what is worth crying about really adds to your dedication of showing me how ignorant you really are, so thank you for that. Can I be happy about the great weather we're having or do I have to end world hunger and cure aids before I'm allowed to smile?