Day 23: Netherlands vs. Argentina

Unlikely lad

On paper they are average but Kuyt, de Vrij; Cillesen for instance have also been brilliant. And LVG is thousand times better than Sabella.
Don't agree for Cillesen. He's been quite dodgy and is a disaster waiting to happen. If the Netherlands actually win with him in goal, that will have been LvG's greatest accomplishment.

To be fair, the same applies to Argentina and Romero...

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Don't agree for Cillesen. He's been quite dodgy and is a disaster waiting to happen. If the Netherlands actually win with him in goal, that will have been LvG's greatest accomplishment.

To be fair, the same applies to Argentina and Romero...
He has saved Holland a couple of times, against Spain and in the 117th minute against Costa Rica with a crucial save. The goals that has been scored vs Holland arent his fault one bit.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
If Aguero gets in the team I'd put good money on him limping off again. He's made of glass.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
More of the same from Higuain and it will be very interesting. The Aguero/Higuain/Messi attack may actually do something decent for a change rather than relying on one man to do it all.

Wonder whether Rojo will go straight to left back, he was appalling defensively, very quick player though, may be useful against Robben.

red_hatz

this matchday section looks like its going to be a brilliant addition for the new season, anyone know if the newbies will have access to and be able to post, rate, predict etc.
If not I need to work harder for a promotion :lol:

In terms of the game I think it will be a tight bore draw in 90 mins, coming alive in extra time. It may go all the way to pens, but I see argentina sneaking through somehow before that, messi to be the difference maker with a big winner

Reactions: crappycraperson

Gannicus

Based on what we've seen so far from both teams, the smart money has to go to the Netherlands. Yet if Messi hits top gear then it's lights out for the Dutch.

But it's a thin line between the two sides and it may come down to ref calls. Does Robben get booked early for diving? How much protection will Messi get?

Grunnn123

Netherlands - Argentina

Netherlands won 4 times, draw 3 and lost once in the final in WC78.
Robben and RVP wil wreck them. Sorry Maxima :)

Ish

Lights on for Luke
That's it folks, marcos has finally lost it! :(
Be confident ffs, you will beat these cheese eating bastards! I only want to see posts similar to this from now on, none of that shit you wrote above.

@marcosdeto
Holland will receive the biggest beating in world cup history. The ref will be so sorry for them he'll blow the final whistle at half time. After the 5th Higuain goal I will ejaculate so hard, my cum is going to fly into time and land on Pele's forehead while he's lifting one of the world cups he won in the 17th century.
That Marcos bit is hilarious :lol:

Momochiru

Before the start of the tournament I predicted a Brazil vs Argentina final with Argentina nicking it. Now I think Germany vs Holland is more likely.

For this game LVG will set up to defend deep and hit on the counter, which suits the dutch. However I can see Sabella being very cautious as well. A cagey 0:0 in regular time is very likely. In extra time the argies will have to push, because they will fear going to penalties more than the dutch (LVG's mindgames are a gift that keeps on giving :cool:). So it all depends if at that time the dutch have the legs to finish them with a swift counter. I would back them up to win it.

However if the argies score first because of the Messi factor or just luck they will most likely win it.

Holland 55% to win
Argentina 45% to win

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
he is the cnut that red carded Nani against real madrid, right?

we had that game under control and if it wasnt for him we would have won
That's him. His first name alone gives you a clue. From what I've gathered he's highly-rated among FIFA authorities too.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Despite your pessimism I've still got £100 on your boys. Signs of a few others joining Messi at the party. You better beat the cloggies.
Likewise. Was going to lay off but already up on the World Cup so hoping Argentina make it a great one.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Is it only me that doesn't like that the match day forum is about Holland? I know you have to pick 1 team and its an obvious choice but I don't particularly like them and I feel like i've been forced to like them haha

Tiber

Its really not a good Dutch team.

Hardly a world class keeper, an average premier league defender in Vlaar ( who has impressed me) and more young defenders in blind and de vris. Plus an over the hill striker playing wing back,

Lacking in the middle with Strootman out... Someone who really would have helped out for the tournament and who I think they noticeably miss,.... Sneijder. ... Has made an impact but isn't the player he was. Depay is another kid far from his prime

Then we have the two stars, Robben... Who has been superb and is my player of the tournament. And RVP who had a great first game but has looked off the boil ever since,

They are outmatched and outgunned (insert Sun reference to the Falklands here) by the Argentines... But I bet they beat them.

I just get a vibe from this Dutch team, Who have been wrote off as no hopers all year...probably for good reason. But they have come together to get this far. And I think they will find a way to get through this game. And let's be honest, Bar a few flashs The Argentines didn't set the world alight against a Belgium team who struggle with the concert of the word team.

I think LVG and Robben get the Dutch through this one

ea385

I wonder if Di Stefano's passing will provide a further bit of motivation for the Argentines (as if there isn't enough already).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Aguero will play apparently....not sure how effective he will be given his earlier form.

CurryCantona

Won't be no shame for van Gaal to come back after losing to Argentina in the semi-finals; infact, in my opinion you rather lose the semi-final than the final. The Dutch never expected to get out their group, let alone top it. All of them are happy regardless.

Riyami UTD

Won't be no shame for van Gaal to come back after losing to Argentina in the semi-finals; infact, in my opinion you rather lose the semi-final than the final. The Dutch never expected to get out their group, let alone top it. All of them are happy regardless.
I dont think any team whichever the expectations prior to the world cup will be satisfied not getting past the semis.
I think they'll miss De Jong badly for this game. Holland have a chance of winning but it all depends on Argentina.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Argentina 2 Netherlands 0. Dutch will have the whole of Brazil behind them though.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
This forum is quite funny. It's just so obvious who is gonna win to the educated eye. It's no wonder you guys are where you are with fans like these.

It's Hollands WC. I reckon Argentina might be humiliated. They leave space at the back and have no intelligence whatosever. It's clear who is going to win. You can ban me if it doesn't happen.
With posts like these, you will probably (hopefully) never make it to mains, so nobody cares if you are banned or not.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I have to miss this game when it's on live... so I'm going to have to do that record & watch on delay without finding out the score thing.

Could be tricky.