Day 24: Sweden vs England and Russia vs Croatia

What is 'coming home'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I think the Croatians looked better than a lot are making out. Russia are a harder team than Sweden. Would not be surprised at all if Croatia beat us.

Them going 120 mins twice now though does help.
I think the way England play will probably suit Croatia better than how Russia and Denmark do by playing generally quite deep.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Since when did Croatia play Germany? Think you meant Argentina. Congrats to our Croatian residents on here. Your overall performance has dipped after the group stage but to get past 2 penalty-shootouts says a lot about your character and mental strength.
@Sarni yeah meant Argentina, typed Germany.

The Firestarter

I think it's better for England to play Croatia. Russia in a semifinal would be like war on the field.

fallengt

Croatia are a nothing team. That impressive win vs Germany not that good anymore when you look at how the latter performed in the other games. And look at them not really beating any of the two teams they progressed against.
eh...

marktan

I think the way England play will probably suit Croatia better than how Russia and Denmark do by playing generally quite deep.
True. I hope we're not too attacking and are defensively good, as we were against Columbia, and try to break instead. We have pace up front so that'd serve us better

Rista

I'm absolutely confident Croatia will play better against England. Both Denmark and Russia were tougher to beat than Sweden. I still have England as slight favorites though.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Thanks god Russia is finally out. Couldn't stand them. Croatia not looking good atm though. England is clearly favourite.

Snafu17

I was taking a piss out of my Croatian roomates quite a bit, when Slovenia won the Eurobasket last year. I think it might come back to haunt me :lol:

Either way, congrats neighbours!

Acole9

Outstanding
If Croatia play to their absolute best, they'll beat England let's not kid ourselves. The thing is though, this is the second penalty shoot out in a row now, Bilic was right, they struggle in the games that matter.

Loublaze

ATLien
Hot females are gross?

Croatia are a nothing team. That impressive win vs Germany not that good anymore when you look at how the latter performed in the other games. And look at them not really beating any of the two teams they progressed against.
Will they be a nothing team after they stop football from coming home?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Either can I. Kane’s looked absolutely bolloxed since around March whilst Lovren has been in good form, particularly in the Champions League where he was a pillar of strength in the final v an imperious Madrid attack.
Just made you compliment Lovren. :p

Backrow Singer

Thanks god Russia is finally out. Couldn't stand them. Croatia not looking good atm though. England is clearly favourite.
I don’t see it that way at all. I think Croatia will 100% fancy themselves, England will as well but I don’t think there’s a clear favourite in any way.

Sweden looked awful, so slow. Soon as the first goal went in that was the game.

Ban

If Croatia play to their absolute best, they'll beat England let's not kid ourselves. The thing is though, this is the second penalty shoot out in a row now, Bilic was right, they struggle in the games that matter.
On the Contrary we survived 2 of those already.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Well done to England. Pickford was incredible, MOTM for sure.

Neo_Mufc

Watched the match in Camden Koko. Great atmosphere.

Been such a long time where we've had something to shout about. Really happy not only for the team but the Country.

lysglimt

Scout
Another nonsensical comment with a random number thrown in. We can be certain that the true possibility of either Croatia or Russia winning the WC is somewhere between 10 and 20% (I'm allowing a huge margin of error here) at this point.
Ok I should have given them 10% chance. But while the other 3 are getting stronger and stronger for each match but Russia (who are now out) and Croatia are going the other way. I am still pretty certain one United-player will be WC

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I don’t see it that way at all. I think Croatia will 100% fancy themselves, England will as well but I don’t think there’s a clear favourite in any way.

Sweden looked awful, so slow. Soon as the first goal went in that was the game.
We have to see if Croatia has something left in the thank after two penalties win.

sh4d

Full respect for this Russian team. They fought hard but clean, no whining, faking, cheating, just clean football. Should be proud of themselves.

Reactions: SteveJ