Day 24: Sweden vs England and Russia vs Croatia

What is 'coming home'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ban

Spain losing to Russia doesn't make them a worse team than them. The favourite doesnt always win. Of course England would have had it more difficult against Spain and Germany. That really isn't open to debate.
Depends how Spain and Germany would perform. In this tournament they performed horribly.

marlowe78

This referee is a joke. I guess if you keep trying the same move, you'll get the foul eventually?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spain losing to Russia doesn't make them a worse team than them. The favourite doesnt always win. Of course England would have had it more difficult against Spain and Germany. That really isn't open to debate.
Germany were absolutely shite in this tournament how can you say that? Spain better but very average. Just because they have ''big name players' didn't mean shit.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Calm down Keown. Don’t get too excited.

Tiber

Croatia would be a far tougher game, but with England and Russia's luck in this tournament so far? Fully expecting a Russia v England semi

Revan

Assumptionman
You're right. Which is why Liverpool were the second best team in Europe last year
They were the second best team in UCL though. They brutalized City and dispatched Roma who humiliated Barca. What else they should have done to be considered as the second best team in UCL? I guess, changing the name to Barcelona or Bayern. Performances don't matter, it is all about names.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I understand the criticism for Sterling's missed chances but he's made some great runs that have consistently caught the Swedish defenders out of position. To call him a useless player is head scratching stuff.
I agree. You need him in there to stretch defences as for all his good play Kane can't do that if you knock it over the top. Dele Alli just dosen't seem fit in this tournament either despite goal today.

Yeah you could start Rashford but he still lacks game intelligence in central areas as the Manager of Manchester United was pointing out towards end of the season....

Way this World cup is going Sterling will have Eder moment in next game.

kps88

They've been fortunate in the draw, but who cares? No one remembers the draw when you win it.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done to Gareth and the boys!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Comfortable win for England in the end. Didn't waste huge amount of energy either which is important.

If Russia win tonight England in World cup final imo.