Day 26: England vs Croatia Waist Coat Semi-Final

What is 'coming home'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bobski

Too soft for a pen IMO. Would have gone mad if given a similar pen against United.
I think it is too soft and the VAR impact has made it incredibly difficult for defenders, but we have seen multiple pens on set pieces for less than that. People on here have said they were correct and it is up to defenders to learn how to defend without grappling and pulling, no sympathy for the defender.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Scariest part is it's totally deserved.

Lots of people going on about the easy route, but I've come to the conclusion that maybe it's England that is making all their opponents look rather ordinary.
You may be right, we've certainly made Croatia look rather ordinary so far.

Revan

Assumptionman
This is a good English side and in many ways it's well matched against the previous versions but central midfield isn't as good as it used to be. Going from Scholes/Gerrard/Lampard to Jordan fecking Henderson is quite a drop.

It was always going to be difficult when facing the likes of Modric/Rakitic in the middle but Henderson's passing is way too erratic. England needs to keep the ball a bit better to relieve the pressure.
Who cares though? They won two KO matches between them in something like 7 tournaments, while Jordan fecking Henderson is on the verge of winning the third one as country's only pure CM.

Football ain't played in paper.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Looked a penalty to me but the "clear and obvious" thing makes it difficult to know when something should and shouldn't be called back.

Not enough in it for Croatia to have a major complaint, I think, much though I wish there was.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
A long 45 mins from the final:nervous:

Come on lads, we need another goal.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think it is too soft and the VAR impact has made it incredibly difficult for defenders, but we have seen multiple pens on set pieces for less than that. People on here have said they were correct and it is up to defenders to learn how to defend without grappling and pulling, no sympathy for the defender.
There is a difference between grappling and pulling and simply having your hands on someone, it would be very difficult for an attwcker or defender in a packed box not to touch an opposition player.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
England need another goal and should get it. Young looks slow to react and is the weak link for England right now. Might be fatigue from the long tournament and his age.

Halftrack

Pickford blasting it upfield, Englishmen falling at the slighest touch. Really struggling to like this England side.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Croatia's passing once they pass halfway line is really poor. Thought they'd have cut England a couple of times but hasn't happened even when they've got Modric-Rakitic 30 yards from goal.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Croatia look so disjointed going forward