Day 3: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia | Denmark vs Tunisia | Mexico vs Poland | France vs Australia

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Lewandowski is soloing this, the rest of polish attackers are so useless going forward.

Poland's midfield are incredibly underwhelming.

This lot isn't gonna qualify to Euros/WC anymore once Lewandowski retires.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
How can you not see it? They're both running towards the ball fighting with arms, then Lewandowski reaches across with his left arm and pushes him in the chest that makes him lose balance and fall over.

That's the foul. Yes the defender has his arm across Lewandowski but that isn't a foul. Yes he grabs a little of the shirt but that is also not enough for a penalty.

It's 2 players fighting to get to the ball first - that's it.
Putting your arm across someone has never been a foul. They both do that and its fine - he grabs his shirt which is the issue... Lewa does push him after that, but thats as a result of the shirt grab.

Grabbing someones shirt is always a pretty clear cut foul.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Putting your arm across someone has never been a foul.

Grabbing someones shirt is.
It's the tiniest handful for a split second- and Lewa also has hold of him.

I'm sorry but i'm never going to agree with that. If Lewadowski wasn't pushing back just as much then i'd agree, but the defender isn't impeding him any worse than the other way around.

Nice fight for the ball, call it a draw and get on with it. Stop looking for BS calls to get you an easy goal. I hate it.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Mexico have absolutely no idea. Absolutely zero quality in the final third.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It's the tiniest handful for a split second- and Lewa also has hold of him.

I'm sorry but i'm never going to agree with that. If Lewadowski wasn't pushing back just as much then i'd agree, but the defender isn't impeding him any worse than the other way around.

Nice fight for the ball, call it a draw and get on with it. Stop looking for BS calls to get you an easy goal. I hate it.
Couldn't agree more Adam. Another poor call.

Bobski

Way too early to make huge statements but this has been a really poor standard of football to start this tournament.

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
Vega seems to love those long range shots doesn't he!

Not the best quality match, though at least the pen save added a little bit of energy to things briefly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Couldn't agree more Adam. Another poor call.
I get WHY they gave it as in slow motion everything always looks worse.

The issue is sometimes they only see it from an attacking point of view. All eyes are on the defender 'impeding' Lewandowski but clearly ignore he's doing it just as bad the other way around.

It's a free kick to Mexico just as much as a penalty. Call it quits and move the feck on :lol:

Nick7

I get WHY they gave it as in slow motion everything always looks worse.

The issue is sometimes they only see it from an attacking point of view. All eyes are on the defender 'impeding' Lewandowski but clearly ignore he's doing it just as bad the other way around.

It's a free kick to Mexico just as much as a penalty. Call it quits and move the feck on :lol:
Yeah this is my view. Six of one half a dozen of the other.

Nick7

If Poland got a penalty, that's a penalty. Two hands on the shoulders holding him down.

Tony247

Can't even control simple passes. Argentina must be praying for a draw between these two.

TheReligion

Abusive
Awful results for Argentina and Denmark today. Perhaps not as easy for the big teams to get a win straight from the start of the tournament eg?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Good news for Argentina if the result stays

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
Way too early to make huge statements but this has been a really poor standard of football to start this tournament.
The only team who have really looked at the races were England, and even then that might be partly due to how poor Iran were. SA looked decent this morning but Argentina were dreadful and had several opportunities in the 1st half to put the game to bed but just kept getting offside.

Thankfully we are still yet to see alot of the teams you'd expect to have a chance to go all the way, and it is the first game and most teams haven't had that long to prepare for it either so things may improve.

I hope!

Bobski

This is said at every single international tournament a few days in.
True, and it should improve after first game nerves, but looking at the squads I am not seeing the quality of some of the best tournaments. Could really do with a few of the younger players making that step to elite level. Looking like the last wheezing gasp of the old generation so far.

Last edited:

RVN1991

Seen some bad teams this tournament but Jesus Christ how are Poland so so shit?

mu4c_20le

The only team who have really looked at the races were England, and even then that might be partly due to how poor Iran were. SA looked decent this morning but Argentina were dreadful and had several opportunities in the 1st half to put the game to bed but just kept getting offside.
Iran were rocked by turmoil at home, and their own supporters jeering them probably didn't help either

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Poland has to be the dullest tournament team ever? They seem to reach every single tournament but somehow manage to stink the place up every time.

Tony247

Polish collective IQ level is greater than zero mainly because of Lewa.

RedDevilRoshi

FT whistle couldn’t have come soon enough! Saudi Arabia will be massively fancying their chances of qualifying from this group as these two look utter shite. It’s a pity as the Mexican fans have been great.