Day 3: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia | Denmark vs Tunisia | Mexico vs Poland | France vs Australia

TsuWave

Can’t seriously want him to win it? Obviously would be good because we have Brazilian players but can’t stand Neymar. Remember when he had a fit when we knocked them out of CL :lol:
Yes, I seriously want him to win it. Neymar is one of the best to have ever played this game. One of my favourite players and one of the very few left that’s cut from a different cloth. None of this “system” bullshit. Just an incredibly talented player that carves teams open and makes football look easy. A true entertainer, and an effective one at that.

The amount of unfair criticism and rep he gets around these parts, only makes me root for him harder.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
agree that he’s class. But I’m not a big fan of footballers who do a lot of play acting.
Unfortunately it's just something you have to accept with South American footballers.

If you can look past it and just enjoy his unreal ability, he's a magestic player. I just love Brazil in general so hope if England don't win they will.

imperi

Thankfully no pentalty given, it may be the rule but it really does kill the game handing out penalties like these.

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
Surprised that VAR didn't look at it. Again just so very inconsistent from the refs so far. I think it'd have been harsh to give it but if your going to be balanced it should have at least been looked at again.

Really decent game, so far 2/2 in terms of decent games today.

PSV

If that's a penalty we might as well just liquidate football altogether.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Natural movement, defender kicks the ball, it richochets off an attacker but the defender has zero chance to avoid the ricochet while the ball was going out for a goal kick anyhow. I think it's a fair no call in context of how the phase of play unfolded. Though I am surprised it did not go to VAR.

Abizzz

We've all seen even sillier pens given but I'm still glad that wasn't and hope similar ones won't. Always sucks when a game is decided by something like that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Denmark much improved this half, more like I'd expect from them. Still missing the goal though

The Firestarter

Bulgaria 2-1 Germany (1994)

South Korea 2-1 Italy (2002)

USA 1-0 England (1950)

Cameroon 1-0 Argentina (1990)

Senegal 1-0 France (2002)
Bulgaria was a shock but in hindsight not comparable to today, with players like Ballon D'Or to be winner Stoichkov, Balakov, Lechkov, etc playing in top to mid level European teams.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
So many teams are just so poor in the last third. Donkey touches, unforced errors, bad decisions.