Day 3: England vs Croatia | Austria vs North Macedonia | Netherlands vs Ukraine

joedirt87

Sterling has had really good movement off the ball and gotten into some great positions, unfortunately he's also continued to be absolutely worthless inside the box, so typical Sterling form for England.

Walters_19_MuFc

I dont get the criticism of Sterling. Yes, he's had a poor season by his standards but today he's looked lively. Certainly one of our better players and a lot better than Foden and Kane at the moment, with the latter doing nothing thus far.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Meanwhile, hearing rumours we've matched Dortmund's asking price for Sancho

48 hours

The BBCs Alex and Kelly telling us how they were stood near the England bench and they all looked hot. Must be auditioning for teen vogue

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Sterling has had really good movement off the ball and gotten into some great positions, unfortunately he's also continued to be absolutely worthless inside the box, so typical Sterling form for England.
Now you mentioned it, some similarities with Werner at Chelsea.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Shaw is a must at LB. Hook Walker, and put Trippier back at RB.

Balljy

Don’t get why everyone’s saying to take Sterling off, he was good I thought.
Agreed he was fine, could have done better on the ball but his runs have caused them problems. The ball through their right for him to pickup has worked virtually every time.

The danger of bringing him off is that we lose that outlet.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
How's Kalvin Philipps doing? Can't watch sadly
Great at the stuff he usually does - aggressive, intelligent pressing and composure on the ball - but playing him as the more advanced midfielder means that they’re missing another player who can play those incisive passes. Nothing against him but it makes England very conservative in possession.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Sterling with 34 touches, that's our 4th highest, higher than Walker who's on 32. Yet Sterling has really done feck all with it. He should not be our focal attacking point. fecking hell. Play down the right and focus on their LB, he was pretty pants.
He was better in the second 20/25 when the team generally were worse, perversely enough. I agree though he was poor more times than not and is a big reason why we haven't taken this game by the scruff. I must say though I'm pretty sure every one of Walker's touches was garbage :lol:

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Bluemoon

“Take Mount off at HT he’s been non-existent for 99% of that half. Move Foden in to the middle and get him turning on the ball and running at the defence.”

Then proceed to claim Sterling has been the best player. Delusional.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Southgate is the pure definition of a pseudointellectual. The Dunning-Kruger effect personified. The kind of dermatologist who would look at a patient and inform them their skin is made of skin.The only reason he’s even the England manager is because the FA can’t be arsed replacing him or looking for an upgrade. He has done nothing of note, anything that comes out of his mouth is usually bathed in drivel. The kind of guy that eats his McDonalds Big Mac with a knife and fork to appear more sophisticated. The waistcoat wearing wanker.
he'd make a pretty good Tory MP!

Mr Smith

Sterling hurting my eyes to be honest, he's been very bad. I expect Grealish to offer more creativity.
To be fair, his movement has been very good and he's made some great driving runs, just his finishing and decision making in the final third has been poor. Very much England's Timo Werner.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Agreed he was fine, could have done better on the ball but his runs have caused them problems. The ball through their right for him to pickup has worked virtually every time.

That’s it mate, I think they need either him or Rashford on else they end up with a few good ball players and nobody who wants to make a run; even Kane likes to drop deeper.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Why? Jenas is saying Sterling has been the best player on the pitch.
I disagree with him?

Sterling has gotten involved, but only because we're focusing our play down the left side predominantly. I feel Grealish would have done more with the ball than Sterling has done.

MU655

He has no final ability. His passing and finishing are trash. It doesn't matter if he can run fast if he can't do anything at the end of it.

Grealish has a fantastic pass, crossing ability, and is the best dribbler in the side. He should be in.

arnie_ni

IMO Grealish and Sancho should be the 2 starting for England tbh. Rashford if he was fully fit would be possibly in. Maybe a midfield 3 with Mount, Grealish and Rice or Phillips and then put 2 of Foden, Sancho and Rashford in (fitness dependent). But Sancho has to be in and would be if he played in the prem, same with Grealish if he played for a big club and did what he did.
I'd agree.

Rice
Mount Philips
Sancho kane grealish

Foden and rashford first 2 subs.

Edit whoops done it upside down but you get me

Redfrog

Scholes-generation don't agree.

Happened before and will happen again.
You are not as good as you think.

France is much better in talent and as a team.

You have a lot of very good players but not really stands out one, not in national team anyway.

As exemple, Rice is good but Kanté is twice the player.

Same in attack, no one is at Mbappé’s level. You can say Kane but I have never seen him shine in a big tournament for England.

You don’t have enough difference makers.

pablo__p

Southgate is the pure definition of a pseudointellectual. The Dunning-Kruger effect personified. The kind of dermatologist who would look at a patient and inform them their skin is made of skin.The only reason he’s even the England manager is because the FA can’t be arsed replacing him or looking for an upgrade. He has done nothing of note, anything that comes out of his mouth is usually bathed in drivel. The kind of guy that eats his McDonalds Big Mac with a knife and fork to appear more sophisticated. The waistcoat wearing wanker.
Chuckled, thanks! :lol:

Though being Polish I feel our manager might be even bigger phoney.

Phil

Great at the stuff he usually does - aggressive, intelligent pressing and composure on the ball - but playing him as the more advanced midfielder means that they’re missing another player who can play those incisive passes. Nothing against him but it makes England very conservative in possession.
Exactly this. He does not progress the ball at all.

DoctorPep

The BBCs Alex and Kelly telling us how they were stood near the England bench and they all looked hot. Must be auditioning for teen vogue
To be fair, Alex tried a couple of times to bring it round to analysis and, each time, was met with Kelly talking about being near to England players and their families. Why let football chat get in the way eh?

-Supreme-

Sancho and Grealish have got to come on for Mount and Sterling, they should have started the game IMO.

The Firestarter

Bluemoon

“Take Mount off at HT he’s been non-existent for 99% of that half. Move Foden in to the middle and get him turning on the ball and running at the defence.”

Then proceed to claim Sterling has been the best player. Delusional.
Not sure about taking Mount off, but If they take Southgate for Pep, I will endorse it.