Day 3: England vs Croatia | Austria vs North Macedonia | Netherlands vs Ukraine

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I fecking hate that none of United players are on the pitch. And somebody explain to me how Greenwood didn't even make the bench?
He removed himself from the selection process in order to recover and rest up for next season.

Whether or not that was because he was already told he won't be selected though is unclear, unless I've missed something.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I fecking hate that none of United players are on the pitch. And somebody explain to me how Greenwood didn't even make the bench?
[/QUOTEGreenwood was sent home injured. He isn't in the squad. If no United players on the field at least they cannot blame a United player. Maguire is still injured, so it only leaves Shaw and an out of form, potentially carrying an injury Rashford.

Interval

Level
First time im sort of supporting England in an international tournament and they look rubbish.

Really like some new youngsters like Foden, Rashford, Mount and Sancho and for once I thought the FA is letting meritocracy speak for itself. But why is there no fluidity AT ALL. And Kane just doesn't feel involved

MU655

Trippier running forward before thinking 'this is way too positive' and turning around to go back.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rashford not being fully fit is a big loss for England. Kane needs him running in behind offering the direct play.

PoTMS

Another game against Croatia where Southgate just let's the game get away from us without changing things. We were at least winning 1-0 last time.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Dont have control in midfield, Kane's comes deep because of it and due to that no focal forward upfront. England!

kidbob

How Grealish isn't getting a look in when he is clearly by a distance England's best player is mad.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
England are good enough to compete, in spite of Southgate’s tinkering, but you can’t surely think any national team must mirror the strength of their domestic league? You can have bits and flashes, not the sustained level imho. Also, Croatia’s players are surely older and spent, but smarter and more able to navigate the moments of the game.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Exactly this. He does not progress the ball at all.
It’s just not his game. Carrick was the same. Play him deep and he can play some really sharp passes in between the lines, but he’s not going to pick it up in between the lines and turn. I’d much rather play him deep than Rice, if the goal is to play progressive football. Rice presents very poor passing options for the defence, over and over again. He just points to someone else to pass to.

Oranges038

Is it me or does Wembley look quite narrow and the surface look a bit shit?

EliotTheRed

In work, just catching up. Have I missed the conversation about Trippier starting at LB ahead of Shaw?

To quote Father Ted, down with this sort of thing

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
First subs around the 60th min? Rashford and Grealish would totally be fair.