Day 3: England vs Croatia | Austria vs North Macedonia | Netherlands vs Ukraine

KennyBurner

This is the same declan rice that everyone wants who keeps running away from the ball? he is a CB at best. Keep him away from United.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
England haven't done much since the opening 15 minutes or so. Foden and Kane completely out of the game, Sterling and Walker horrendous. Mount and Phillips good. England a bit lucky that Croatias left back is useless and ruining attacks.

Seems like a game that England would be winning by a couple if they had Shaw and Grealish in and Trippier was at right back. Would help having Sancho on the bench too as he'd have a field day with that LB with his dribbling, but there you go.

Johnny Love

Don't know why anybody would wanna win this group. Second place has a.much better path in knockouts.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
what is the point of Kane? He's never in a position in the box, he's slow and his passing is shite
He's just so static isn't he. Never puts you on the edge of your seat. He can't even dribble past 1 opponent.

Zen

As anyone expected - Croatia are old and a bit wank. Modric is still class, but only so much he can do.

Reliant on Kane being the clinical one with Sterling out of confidence - you know who'd be a nice sub right about, oh Sancho.

Phillips/Rice doing well. CB's doing well. Not much being asked of them though, so hopefully don't rest of their laurels.

arnie_ni

Rashford on for sterling wins the game for england. He's better getting in behind and would score.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Mings looks better than some of the CBs we've "been linked" with...

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That’s the most baffling thing too :lol: overstocked in full back positions but England play a right back at left back
And arguably playing the two worst right backs. Maybe even the two worst fullbacks. Walker certainly is the worst of the lot for me, albeit decent enough.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd make an argument sancho is better than all 3. Grealish is maybe the only one.

Rashford obviously has that pace to get in behind, probably the only one in the squad, so I can also understand that.

I suppose he thinks Saka can literally play anywhere.

It's the 2 keepers on the bench confuses me.
IMO Grealish and Sancho should be the 2 starting for England tbh. Rashford if he was fully fit would be possibly in. Maybe a midfield 3 with Mount, Grealish and Rice or Phillips and then put 2 of Foden, Sancho and Rashford in (fitness dependent). But Sancho has to be in and would be if he played in the prem, same with Grealish if he played for a big club and did what he did.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don’t get why everyone’s saying to take Sterling off, he was good I thought.

Sheamus

Phil Foden did really well to bring that long ball down and control it, and then Walker just gets involved and ruins it. Ugh.

Zen

I don’t know why it bothers me but I do hate it when pundits refer to certain players by their first name.
What if they actually know them? Hard habit to break out of surely?

Irrational.

Southgate is the pure definition of a pseudointellectual. The Dunning-Kruger effect personified. The kind of dermatologist who would look at a patient and inform them their skin is made of skin.The only reason he’s even the England manager is because the FA can’t be arsed replacing him or looking for an upgrade. He has done nothing of note, anything that comes out of his mouth is usually bathed in drivel. The kind of guy that eats his McDonalds Big Mac with a knife and fork to appear more sophisticated. The waistcoat wearing wanker.

lysglimt

Scout
I feel like I'm the only person in the world who thinks he's overrated. So, welcome.
You can never argue with goals. If you have a striker who scored 20-30 goals every season - you are not overrated

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
he's not been as bad as some people here are saying... but not as good as the pundits are trying to convince us

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Sterling with 34 touches, that's our 4th highest, higher than Walker who's on 32. Yet Sterling has really done feck all with it. He should not be our focal attacking point. fecking hell. Play down the right and focus on their LB, he was pretty pants.

Zen86

There’s so much potential with this England squad, and this is what comes out. It’s same old, same old. Selecting Sterling is just :lol:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Mings is a huge guy. Type of fella who if you find in bed with your missus, you tuck him in.

Zen

To be fair there were definitely some terrible weaknesses in that side, left back and left midfield were simply not up to scratch. If Giggs had picked England though, who knows...
Ashley Cole? Goalie and left midfield we're the only issues.... well except for wags, ego's and coaches.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think Sterling's done well to. We have 0 control in midfield though. Either Rice has to come off or actually start taking control alongside Phillips.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Sterling with 34 touches, that's our 4th highest, higher than Walker who's on 32. Yet Sterling has really done feck all with it. He should not be our focal attacking point. fecking hell. Play down the right and focus on their LB, he was pretty pants.
If Grealish has those 34 touches, stuff happens

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Had a read on Bluemoon to see if they’re always laughing at Sterling and they’re advocating that Mount and Phillips should be subbed at half time. Wtf

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
he's not been as bad as some people here are saying... but not as good as the pundits are trying to convince us
Feel like England fans love a scapegoat, just nice it’s not one of ours for a change.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Sterling with 34 touches, that's our 4th highest, higher than Walker who's on 32. Yet Sterling has really done feck all with it. He should not be our focal attacking point. fecking hell.
Said to the missus from the start, Sterling and Walker are easily the worst players on the pitch and to watch them.

She hasn't stopped laughing at the faces I pull whenever either of them are near the ball :lol:

Also Kane needs to get in the fecking box and play like a focal point!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You can never argue with goals. If you have a striker who scored 20-30 goals every season - you are not overrated
agreed - england aren't passing to him. bit like united don't pass to cavani

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Fair point.
But still I was hoping to see more from them. I guess I missed Foden hitting post, but I think Sterling had a really good chance and snatched at it. Could've at least made the keeper work. And that loop ball that he caught in the penalty area - could've swung straight at it instead of his cutting on his right. Just my 2 cents.
No it's fair, but you just know if Kane joins all three will look better in City's system. I'd expect Foden to be much more involved across the front line than he has been today and Pep will have a word with Kane that he doesn't need to sit in De Bruyne's lap, he should get forward and bang some goals in.

KC91

Bright start by England but then I think the Croatian midfield started to boss the game a bit.

It’ll be an interesting 2nd half.